Was Zazu in league with Scar to kill Simba?

Was Zazu in league with Scar to kill Simba?

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 18th, 2018, 5:38 am

I know Zazu doesn't appear to be evil in Lion King, but what I found on this reddit here is intriguing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/co ... r_scar_to/

Let's put it this way, Zazu may have wanted Simba out of the way, thinking he'd be a terrible king. Now, it's possible that Zazu never intended that Mufasa died, but wanted Simba gone.

If Zazu had met up with Scar (possible since he is off screen for a bit and then turns up in the Elephant Graveyard to scold Simba and Nala (we also know that Scar was in the Elephant Graveyard too but we don't know for how long, he could have crossed paths with Scar earlier.) It would also explain why the hyenas never tried to kill Zazu along with the other two: he was in on it. Let's face it, if they'd succeeded in killing Simba and Nala, if Zazu WASN'T in on it, he'd start naming names and all of Pride Rock, not to mention Mufasa, would descend upon Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed and rip them to shreds for killing the two cubs.

Also, interestingly, Mufasa was NOT off on some mission to fight the hyenas in the Gorge scene, but was NOT with Simba, which in and of itself was odd considering that one would think Mufasa would have kept a very close eye on Simba. Now, it's possible that Mufasa may have trusted him with his brother, but even Mufasa knew that Scar didn't really care for Simba. (Too bad he never told Simba that!!!)

Mufasa is seen with Zazu during the gorge incident. With if Zazu had distracted Mufasa , knowing that the stampede would happen?

Also, when Zazu finds Simba, Simba cries "Zazu help me!" and Zazu says "Your father is on the way! Hold on!"

When Mufasa goes into the mess himself, Zazu cries "Oh Scar this is awful! What will we do? What will we do? I know, I'll go for help!"

However, that seems odd that he didn't at least try and grab Simba (like Simba asked) to get him to safety. If Zazu was in fact in league with Scar, this would make sense. Zazu probably wouldn't want Mufasa dead and would start to panic, worried that Mufasa might die in the stampede and wondering how he was going to explain himself. Perhaps "Going for help" was his way to establish an alibi. At any rate, it's possible his alarm (about Mufasa at any rate) was legit. When he'd found out that both Mufasa and Simba had died in the stampede, he felt guilty, having plotted with Scar to kill Simba.

Of course, Zazu, having been knocked out, wouldn't have known that Scar directly murdered Mufasa, and would have thought that his scheme with Scar led to Mufasa's death. As such, perhaps Scar played the guilt game on him too and this kept him from ever ratting out Scar.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Was Zazu in league with Scar to kill Simba?

Postby Elton John » May 18th, 2018, 7:00 am

no

not even slightly
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby WildSimba » May 18th, 2018, 7:07 am

wat
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Panda-chan » May 18th, 2018, 1:36 pm

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]I know Zazu doesn't appear to be evil in Lion King, but what I found on this reddit here is intriguing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/co ... r_scar_to/

Let's put it this way, Zazu may have wanted Simba out of the way, thinking he'd be a terrible king. Now, it's possible that Zazu never intended that Mufasa died, but wanted Simba gone.

If Zazu had met up with Scar (possible since he is off screen for a bit and then turns up in the Elephant Graveyard to scold Simba and Nala (we also know that Scar was in the Elephant Graveyard too but we don't know for how long, he could have crossed paths with Scar earlier.) It would also explain why the hyenas never tried to kill Zazu along with the other two: he was in on it. Let's face it, if they'd succeeded in killing Simba and Nala, if Zazu WASN'T in on it, he'd start naming names and all of Pride Rock, not to mention Mufasa, would descend upon Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed and rip them to shreds for killing the two cubs.

Also, interestingly, Mufasa was NOT off on some mission to fight the hyenas in the Gorge scene, but was NOT with Simba, which in and of itself was odd considering that one would think Mufasa would have kept a very close eye on Simba. Now, it's possible that Mufasa may have trusted him with his brother, but even Mufasa knew that Scar didn't really care for Simba. (Too bad he never told Simba that!!!)

Mufasa is seen with Zazu during the gorge incident. With if Zazu had distracted Mufasa , knowing that the stampede would happen?

Also, when Zazu finds Simba, Simba cries "Zazu help me!" and Zazu says "Your father is on the way! Hold on!"

When Mufasa goes into the mess himself, Zazu cries "Oh Scar this is awful! What will we do? What will we do? I know, I'll go for help!"

However, that seems odd that he didn't at least try and grab Simba (like Simba asked) to get him to safety. If Zazu was in fact in league with Scar, this would make sense. Zazu probably wouldn't want Mufasa dead and would start to panic, worried that Mufasa might die in the stampede and wondering how he was going to explain himself. Perhaps "Going for help" was his way to establish an alibi. At any rate, it's possible his alarm (about Mufasa at any rate) was legit. When he'd found out that both Mufasa and Simba had died in the stampede, he felt guilty, having plotted with Scar to kill Simba.

Of course, Zazu, having been knocked out, wouldn't have known that Scar directly murdered Mufasa, and would have thought that his scheme with Scar led to Mufasa's death. As such, perhaps Scar played the guilt game on him too and this kept him from ever ratting out Scar.[/quote]
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby SimbasMate » May 19th, 2018, 1:03 am

Of course he was. I don't know why nobody else noticed this??????
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby FlipMode » May 19th, 2018, 1:04 am

kiara was a the real villain tyvm fam
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » May 19th, 2018, 1:22 am

[quote="FlipMode"]kiara was a the real villain tyvm fam[/quote]

spoilers i mean you just spoiled the movie for me :(

how could you do that

how

how
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 19th, 2018, 5:23 am

Why are you mocking me? If Lion King was based on Hamlet, why couldn't Zazu be Pollonius?

If the idea is so far-fetched, can you find any indication that Zazu wouldn't be capable of trying to kill Simba (again, I don't think he'd have known Mufasa would die)?

Zazu seems to like to buttkisss whomever is in power, stooping so low as to be a prop for poucning lessons or sing Lovely Bunch of Coconuts. However, the idea that Simba might one day fire him could have set him off.

Also, being in league with Scar would also explain the oddity of them not trying to kill Zazu. (Why bother keeping alive Mufasa's stooge if you actually are going to murder the Prince? Do you want to be identified?)

Again, maybe it wasn't that way in the final version, but I am curious if Zazu actually was evil in an earlier version. (A lot of things changed, including that they previously were going to have Scar raise Simba.)
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 19th, 2018, 5:24 am

[quote="SimbasMate"]Of course he was. I don't know why nobody else noticed this??????[/quote]
Glad you agree that it's possible. The rest here think I'm nuts.
FriendlyHyena

Postby WildSimba » May 19th, 2018, 11:32 pm

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]Why are you mocking me? If Lion King was based on Hamlet, why couldn't Zazu be Pollonius?

If the idea is so far-fetched, can you find any indication that Zazu wouldn't be capable of trying to kill Simba (again, I don't think he'd have known Mufasa would die)?

Zazu seems to like to buttkisss whomever is in power, stooping so low as to be a prop for poucning lessons or sing Lovely Bunch of Coconuts. However, the idea that Simba might one day fire him could have set him off.

Also, being in league with Scar would also explain the oddity of them not trying to kill Zazu. (Why bother keeping alive Mufasa's stooge if you actually are going to murder the Prince? Do you want to be identified?)

Again, maybe it wasn't that way in the final version, but I am curious if Zazu actually was evil in an earlier version. (A lot of things changed, including that they previously were going to have Scar raise Simba.)[/quote]

We're being kinda mocking because there's nothing in all actuality in the film that would imply something like this. Some of your arguments even here are very flawed. When he sung lovely bunch of coconuts, it wasn't because he was buttkissing, it's because he was being held against his will in a cage and most likely in fear of his life. If zazu were ACTUALLY in cahoots with Scar, why would the film directors not of made it more obvious, for instance, why would Zazu knowingly allow Simba to continue to live knowing that eventually he would most likely come back to reclaim his throne? Why would Zazu see it as a positive for Scar to become king when he gets hints of him being Tyranical from the very start? What reason would we have to believe that Zazu would need to get rid of Simba, when it would stack down to nothing lower than him being annoyed with him being a child? Remember, by the end, Zazu is shown to be proud of what Simba grows up to become, how does that in anyway imply that Zazu wanted him dead?

Not to mention, in the 2nd film Zazu becomes Simba's right hand man, and acts very similarly to Kiara, and yet doesn't plot with Zira to kill Kiara for similar reasons?

Is it not impossible that he's just trying to make sure that Simba is raised in a proper way to be able to take the throne when he's older, and is a little bit annoyed by him acting rambunctious?
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to The Lion King