[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Why was Be Prepared cut instead of Hukana Matata? — My Lion King Forum

Why was Be Prepared cut instead of Hukana Matata?

Why was Be Prepared cut instead of Hukana Matata?

Postby FriendlyHyena » April 30th, 2018, 11:05 pm

I know both songs are beloved, but Scar is clearly evil so Be Prepared fits. However, Hukana Matata actually tells people to live in an apathetic lifestyle where you ignore problems. That's actually one of the biggest problems in the world: apathy. And, indeed, the Hukana Matata lifestyle nearly made Simba shirk his duty of going back to challenge Scar and it was only the arrival of ghost Mufasa that caused him to go back.

The sad thing is, it may have helped Simba in the short term after the shock of exile and the death of Mufasa, but, long term, the lifestyle harmed him.

Thus, I think they should remove Hukana Mattata and put back in Be Prepared.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Why was Be Prepared cut instead of Hukana Matata?

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2018, 12:05 am

Because that apathy was necessary for the plot at that point?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TLK_Kid » May 1st, 2018, 4:21 am

The Lion King is not The Lion King without Hakuna Matata. Simple as that.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Panpardus » May 1st, 2018, 12:47 pm

[quote="TLK_Kid"]The Lion King is not The Lion King without Hakuna Matata. Simple as that.[/quote]

Basically this, even though it's actually my least favorite song from the film.

Additionally, I think they figured that "Be Prepared" wouldn't be workable insofar as replicating what goes on onscreen during that musical number in a more realistic setting. A goose-stepping army of photorealistic hyenas and magical volcanic activity and tectonic movement is probably gonna be a bit hard to buy.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TLK_Kid » May 1st, 2018, 4:55 pm

If they're animating "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" in a realistic setting, they can do anything. :lol:
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2018, 5:09 pm

I still don’t believe that Be Prepared is cut.

An out of context interview with the real Elton John isn’t enough to convince me.

He never directly stated that the song was cut, he just forgot to mention it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » May 1st, 2018, 5:59 pm

Attachments
The Avatar, Master of all 4 Elements.png
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby WildSimba » May 1st, 2018, 6:07 pm

"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Elton John » May 1st, 2018, 6:14 pm

I like how people assume that the song is cut because of an out of context quote from an interview.

Oh wait I really hate it.

Seriously....

They might cut the song, they might not. Literally no one working on the movie has directly stated that the song is cut.

Just a quote from an EJ interview where he forgot to mention it.
Last edited by Elton John on May 1st, 2018, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby WildSimba » May 1st, 2018, 6:46 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I lile how people assume that the song is cut because of an out of context quote from an interview.

Oh wait I really hate it.

Seriously....

They might cut the song, they might not. Literally no one working on the movie has directly stated that the song is cut.

Just a quote from an EJ interview where he forgot to mention it.[/quote]

Yeah I agree that it's stupid to assume that. It's far too early still to say what is going to be in the film or not. lol Complain when the movie comes out if it doesn't have it, ya know? lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)