do you ever wonder about the background lionesses?

do you ever wonder about the background lionesses?

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2018, 11:02 pm

the ones that don’t talk, have names or do much for the plot?

I named one Mrs Kittyton. First appears sleeping in the den, She has dreams of being a broadway star but is never allowed in any of the elaborate musical numbers that happen in the pridelands until she gets her big break in front of Scar, then she moves to New York City and becomes the first lion to play Elizabeth Schuyler in Hamilton.

She later moves back to the pride during tlk2 but is later kicked out of the pride for hitting on adult Kovu who was just recently married to Kiara.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: do you ever wonder about the background lionesses?

Postby TLK_Kid » April 26th, 2018, 2:56 am

I wonder about them. Not in that way, but I wonder about them...
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2018, 8:17 am

I wonder where they are in The Lion Guard most of the time.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » April 26th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Honestly, I don't although I do notice that the lionesses never seem to decline in number given some are already full-grown by the time of Simba's presentation. I assume the pride takes in rogue lionesses every once in a while.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » April 27th, 2018, 12:08 am

That makes sense. I am also sure that Simba also permits his to these Lionesses to associate with other Lions that pass through The Pride Lands. Hence Tiifu and Zuri exist.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » July 12th, 2018, 10:03 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I wonder where they are in The Lion Guard most of the time.[/quote]

I agree! It`s really strange that we`ve hardly seen any..
When it comes to the lionesses in the background of TLK and SP, the only one I`ve ever really paid attention to is Sarafina, as she is the only one with a name and spoken line, plus being Nalas mother makes her special. :D Otherwise, I have wondered about the lionesses a bit, such as who are part of Sarabis hunting party, how do the lionesses all get along, etc.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » July 14th, 2018, 7:30 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I have wondered about the lionesses a bit, such as who are part of Sarabis hunting party, how do the lionesses all get along, etc.[/quote]

That is a very interesting question. I always assumed that Sarafina was in Sarabi's hunting party, being that they are seemingly best friends, but I wonder how many Lionesses are in said party.

As for how they all get along. There are a few of them laying in the grass when Simba runs by to find Nala.

Several of them are laying close together while the Pride is sleeping, before Simba wakes Mufasa up.

There are also several in the background when Mufasa nuzzles Sarabi before Simba's presentation.

The Pride never seems to suffer from any internal strife, so I guess all the Lionesses must be rather close.

SimbasGuard

Return to The Lion King