Least Favorite TLK Characters

Re: Least Favorite TLK Characters

Postby WildSimba » January 28th, 2016, 9:06 am

Bunga is probably one of the most annoying characters I've seen within animation in general.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Kiana » January 30th, 2016, 4:54 pm

same here -_-

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Alexterri1 » February 13th, 2016, 8:52 pm

Least favourite character over all: Timon [and maybe Pumbaa, but I think I dislike Timon more]

TLK: Timon, and Pumbaa [and mayyyybe Zazu]
SP: Timon, Pumbaa, Nuka, Adult Kiara [Cubbie Kiara is cute though], and debatably Simba
1/2: Timon, Pumbaa, and Uncle Max

As for The Lion Guard.... I'm going to give it a few more episodes before I decide officially. I really don't like Bunga though. I don't particularly like Zuri and Tiifu either.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Troll Berserker » March 1st, 2016, 11:24 am

Tiifu
At first I liked her. She seemed calm and kind, but in the latest two episodes featuring her she seemed like an annoying girl trying too hard to be in "popular girl"'s gang. She's jealous and self-centered, I wonder why Kiara didn't snap at her yet xD
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Claws » March 1st, 2016, 2:47 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]Bunga is probably one of the most annoying characters I've seen within animation in general.[/quote]

That's it, you don't have to go further analyzing, that's the worst one, lol.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico

Postby Alexterri1 » March 2nd, 2016, 1:41 am

I still don't have a solid least favourite character In TLG, but i wil say that Tiifu doesn't bug me as much as Zuri.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex

Postby MoonRabbitUmbreon » March 24th, 2018, 12:12 am

I really don't like Timon or Pumbaa, I think they're really annoying
Everyone deserves happiness in their lives!
MoonRabbitUmbreon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Moon
Pride Points: 3

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » March 24th, 2018, 5:02 pm

[quote="MoonRabbitUmbreon"]I really don't like Timon or Pumbaa, I think they're really annoying[/quote]

This. Though I only don’t like them during the massive climatic fight scenes. The scene is all dramatic and building up so nice tension, then they cut to Timon and Pumbaa failing their way to success. Really breaks the immersion.
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » April 5th, 2018, 2:11 am

bunga is still the worst but he has gotten more tolerable over the course of the show.

Nuka is probably second worst. He feels like he was meant for a different style of franchise.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FriendlyHyena » December 10th, 2018, 4:13 am

I can't really recall Lion King 1 1/2 too well but wondered if it was a parody. I don't know if I hated anyone from there. Have to see it again to say for sure. As for the others, my thoughts are:

1.) Zazu - he's a pompous kiss a**
2.) Timon and Pumbaa in TLK2 (minus the pointing Pumbaa's tail at the lionesses like a gun, as if Pumbaa was going to fart at them, which was too funny.) They were nothing like they were in TLK, though they were amusing rather than completely lovable, as their "Hukana Matata actually brought Simba into a wrong line of thinking, which brings me to the next character.) From what I can recall of TLK 1 1/2, this is where I liked them by far the most.
3.) Simba - Unlike his polar opposite, Kovu, one of my favorites, who had pretty much everything going WRONG for him in life, yet managed to make it good in the end, Simba seems to have taken nearly every wrong turn. As a cub, he was shaping up to be a TERRIBLE leader, being spoiled by Mufasa. I think Scar did him a favor by sending him into exile. He would have probably been a tyrant had he not gotten a dose of reality. Even in the jungle with Timon and Pumbaa, he was being lazy, and when Nala asked for help, he refused and it was only when ghost Mufasa showed up that he finally came. Then, in TLK2, he was horrible to Kiara. (He reminds me of Marlin from Finding Nemo, and like Nemo, a lot of Kiara's misdeeds that put her in peril were a result of her father's overprotectiveness. She was a lousy hunter and was taught to hunt, not by her father (or her mother either apparently) but by Kovu. Kiara is right, Simba will never be Mufasa. Still, that brings me to the next character.
4.) Mufasa - he was no doubt a good leader, probably better than his son, but he was a poor father to Simba. If Simba had a fault of being too strict as a father, Mufasa's fault was that he was too lenient. If he'd punished Simba and kept a closer eye on him, he wouldn't have been in that gorge to fall prey to Scar's trap in the first place. (Plus, if he'd ever bothered to probe where Simba got the idea to go to the Elephant Graveyard (something Mufasa never told him about), he might have gotten Simba, with some pressure, to admit it was Scar, at which point Mufasa may have put two and two together and realized Scar had tried to get Simba killed, and had him thrown out of the Pridelands before the second assassination attempt could have been made.)
5.) Shenzi - I know she did have a big role, but for supposedly being the alpha female of the hyena clan, she seemed pretty dimwitted. Realistically she should have been far more dangerous and intimidating than she was and more intelligent too.

Also, though I don't hate or dislike her, I find the character of Vitani to be nearly pointless. Her only real purpose seems to have been to defect to Simba's side at the crucial moment and get Zira to turn on her, leading to Zira's downfall. Apart from that scene, she needn't have been in the movie. (I also thought Ed in TLK was kind of pointless, but at least he was very funny, unlike Vitani, whom I don't think has any sense of humor or many humorous scenes, save perhaps that one scene where she and Nuka were first introduced.) And yes, Nala is kind of pointless too.

Nuka, on the other hand, whom many on here seem to hate, unjustly in my opinion, did serve a purpose, as it showed the depths Zira would go to to get even with Simba, as she was busy spending all of that time on Kovu and neglecting Nuka, which explains his hatred for Kovu. I think if Nuka had died, perhaps due to his antics, in some other way than trying to kill Simba, that Zira probably would have left him there and not given him a funeral. Also, his original last words were something to the effect of "At least you finally noticed me."

Also, though I haven't seen TLG, at least more than a song or scene or two, for myself, from what I've heard, I think that I dislike TLG Simba as well as Kiara, who seems to be a brat, unlike her TLK2 self. Also, from what I'm hearing, Kion is so overpowered that he's practically no fun as he seems undefeatable.
Last edited by FriendlyHyena on December 10th, 2018, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
FriendlyHyena

Pride Points: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King