Changes and Updates coming to MLK!

Changes and Updates coming to MLK!

Postby Azdgari » March 1st, 2018, 4:23 am

A few years ago, MLK was a vibrant community that brought together TLK fans, artists, writers, and other enthusiasts to discuss The Lion King and just about everything else under the sun. A lot of us have had a lot of fun on here, and made more than a few friends along the way.

Recently, a number of members have come together interested in bringing MLK back to being the kind of place it's been in the past. To that end, we've been investing time in thinking about ways to make that happen, and we'd like to share some of these ideas with everyone and bring everyone on board!

First of all, we will be reorganizing and consolidating the forums to "trim the fat". There are a number of forums with no posts in them for years, and it creates a feeling of emptiness around the forums that we'd like to leave behind. We'll be posting a draft 'reorganization' for people to look at and comment on shortly.

As some of you know, MLK had disabled registrations for quite a while, which kept the community from growing. We've re-enabled registrations and definitely encourage everyone to actively invite friends and potential new members to join. We're excited to bring over folks from places like DeviantArt, Fanfiction.net, Ao3, and other similar venues to post their work, discuss TLK, and make some new friends, especially as The Lion Guard and the upcoming remake keep TLK as relevant as ever.

We're slowly beginning to see the revival of old contests, opening of new discussions, old faces coming back and some new faces cropping up. Let's keep up the positive momentum and help MLK grow back into the sort of community it was when it brought all of us together. We can definitely do that. And let's bring good vibes as well. Nothing would make me, and a lot of other people, happier than leaving the MLK drama behind us, and I think we can definitely do that too.

There's more changes and updates around the corner as well. So if you have any ideas you'd like to see brought to the forum, don't keep them to yourself. And finally, of course, this entire thing is a team effort, so if you'd like to get more involved, please let me know!

:playful:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Changes and Updates coming to MLK!

Postby DGFone » March 1st, 2018, 4:36 am

You also know that MLK is going places again when there are members in green who actually log in and post stuff. On topic stuff. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 1st, 2018, 6:11 am

Sweet I will do my best to get other to join for sure
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » March 1st, 2018, 5:12 pm

Not sure what I can do but I want to help!
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasMate » March 1st, 2018, 5:33 pm

It's just wonderful that there are still members out there that want to bring this forum back to it's full potential :) I am looking forward to seeing what other members have in mind. I'll try to think of some of my own ideas as well. :P
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 9th, 2018, 8:40 pm

I'd be willing to revive MLK Radio for the umpteenth time if we finally do get people to start being active again.

We'd need a lot of activity tho cause it's not fun to plan it and free up a whole day to run it and then not have people show up haha.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Panda-chan » March 9th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Bring back Musiclion101.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » March 9th, 2018, 10:58 pm

[quote="Panda-chan"]Bring back Musiclion101.[/quote]

this x2
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » March 9th, 2018, 11:03 pm

unban claws MMLKGA
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby _Lioness_ » March 10th, 2018, 3:33 pm

YES! Can't wait :' 0 i'll go invite some friends !
_Lioness_
Keep calm

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And love the Lion king

Nickname(s): Lia
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to News & Announcements