MLK Writing Contest #38!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #38!

Postby FlipMode » January 20th, 2018, 2:02 pm

I have a pretty decent wealth of free time at the moment, I would like to see the contest continue for sure.
I might even write an entry for it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby it means no worries » January 22nd, 2018, 10:47 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]I have a pretty decent wealth of free time at the moment, I would like to see the contest continue for sure.
I might even write an entry for it.[/quote]

No you won't lol :lol:
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby FlipMode » January 25th, 2018, 1:13 am

You don't know me. You don't know my life!

I actually would lol.
I did enter the contest a few times. So y'know, stranger things have happened.

Honestly my problem is writers block. I never want to feel like I'm forcing myself to write even if it's for the fun of a small scale writing contest on a lion king fan forum.
Also I'm not very good at it. Once I do start an entry I usually finish it, it's just getting past the initial white blank page that's the tricky bit :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » January 25th, 2018, 2:02 am

I might be up for writing something this time. :D
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Azdgari » January 25th, 2018, 2:06 am

Niiiiiiiice I'll come up with some prompts later tonight!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » January 25th, 2018, 4:48 am

Feel free to send me the submissions when you write them in. At the very least, I will post the voting round once I can get three submissions (then add in my own to get at least four), to get this thing over with.

If I get them in quickly enough, possibly... a revival of the writing contest?

Inactivity certainly helped a great deal with killing of the writing contest in a sort of positive feedback loop: members would promise me a submission by X days, but fail to deliver, making me have to wait for them. The more I had to wait, the easier it was for me to delay out of shear laziness, which caused members to also take their time with submissions, to the point when one round would take more than a month, and more inactivity lead to less submissions. Even though this current contest has been started over a year ago, I only ever got one submission for it - and I don't like to post a "contest" where the winner is by default.

I guess the question, at the very least for this one time is: Do you all want to write for the prompts posted in the beginning of this round, or do you all want to scrap #38 and restart with #39 with all new prompts?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » January 25th, 2018, 4:57 am

I'm team scrap. Let's start fresh!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » January 25th, 2018, 10:31 am

[quote="Azdgari"]I'm team scrap. Let's start fresh![/quote]

Agreed. #teamfresh
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » January 25th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Since the most vocal support is for @fresh, standby for an entirely new topic later today!

See you all at the reboot! :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to MLK Writing Contest