Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveTonight?

Re: Did Simba and Nala become mates in CanYouFeelTheLoveToni

Postby SimbasGuard » June 24th, 2017, 7:01 am

Sorry, double post :oops:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 28th, 2018, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » June 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Panpardus"]Remember, for what it's worth, it's mentioned in "Can't Wait to be Queen" that the deceased elephant Aminifu played a key role in helping to restore order to the food web, which from an ecological perspective here just means convincing all the Pride Lands herbivores to come back once word got out that Simba was now king and the more herbivore-friendly policies were restored. So I mean, that coupled with the timing of Simba's return relative to the start of the rainy season is what makes the whole 4-month period entirely plausible, at least to me.[/quote]

True, but for the herbivores to come back let alone the elephant herds there had to be significant healing in The Pride Lands in order for there to be enough vegetation to sustain them. I just don't think enough vegetation could grow in a four month span to feed a herd of Elephants let alone all of the other herbivores.[/quote]

It's not too hard to picture if you've seen the seasonal floral and faunal shifts that regularly occur in that region of sub-Saharan Africa; it's pretty dramatic what a difference a couple of months makes in the Serengeti.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » June 25th, 2017, 11:10 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]It's not too hard to picture if you've seen the seasonal floral and faunal shifts that regularly occur in that region of sub-Saharan Africa; it's pretty dramatic what a difference a couple of months makes in the Serengeti.[/quote]

O.K. I've never seen that so I have no counter point to make. The only other argument I could use is one of those laws of nature that Disney could easily have chosen to ignore. That leaves me with only this option.

I like my theory better :P

Seriously though I'm not changing my headcanon because to me it just makes the most sense. However I definitely can not disprove yours.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simba_Lion » June 27th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I think that they also conceived their first cub (depends on who consider Kopa as canon), but that scene was "cut off", happening after the 'Can you feel the love tonight?' scene but before their argument.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Regulus » June 28th, 2017, 8:47 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]True, but for the herbivores to come back let alone the elephant herds there had to be significant healing in The Pride Lands in order for there to be enough vegetation to sustain them. I just don't think enough vegetation could grow in a four month span to feed a herd of Elephants let alone all of the other herbivores.[/quote]

Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby SimbasGuard » June 29th, 2017, 9:06 am

[quote="Regulus"]Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.[/quote]

:lol: O.K. but did your lawn have to start from being totally dead to begin with?

SimbasGuard

Postby Regulus » June 29th, 2017, 9:18 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Regulus"]Considering how fast my lawn grows into a jungle, I wouldn't be surprised if all the vegetation in the Pridelands did suddenly grow back over one night.[/quote]

:lol: O.K. but did your lawn have to start from being totally dead to begin with?[/quote]

Depends on how big the weed killer budget is for any given week.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » July 1st, 2017, 1:01 am

The California savanna I live near to goes from graveyard dead to golf course green in a matter of weeks every year once the rains start. Grass can be an amazing thing, sometimes.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby PridelandsPhantom » July 1st, 2017, 5:26 am

I'd say CYFTLT is meant to imply that Simba and Nala became mates. The deleted scenes or storyboards give more insight into this. Nala at one point says "Didn't last night mean anything to you?" Then Simba says something along the lines of "I love you." To me this implies that the lions had a roll in the hay, so to speak ;) As for conceiving the first royal cub, I agree it is probably a bit later after Simba becomes king. I think CYFTLT is kind of like Simba and Nala's "wedding". I kind of equate it to the end of SP when Kiara and Kovu are shown to be mates and they're "married." I'd say besides Hunchback of Notre Dame, TLK has one of the more veiled (to kids anyway) references to sex, well at least implied. :worriednala:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby SimbasGuard » July 1st, 2017, 9:43 am

[quote="Regulus"]Depends on how big the weed killer budget is for any given week.[/quote]

[quote="DGFone"]The California savanna I live near to goes from graveyard dead to golf course green in a matter of weeks every year once the rains start. Grass can be an amazing thing, sometimes.[/quote]

:lol: O.K. O.K I get it grass has the potential to grow like weeds. :lol:

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I'd say CYFTLT is meant to imply that Simba and Nala became mates. The deleted scenes or storyboards give more insight into this. Nala at one point says "Didn't last night mean anything to you?" Then Simba says something along the lines of "I love you." To me this implies that the lions had a roll in the hay, so to speak ;) As for conceiving the first royal cub, I agree it is probably a bit later after Simba becomes king.[/quote]

As well as what I have agreed to alter my opinion to as it just makes the most sense to me.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion King