[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Lion King Songs — My Lion King Forum

Lion King Songs

Re: Lion King Songs

Postby Squeely » February 10th, 2017, 12:11 am

We've gotten a whole lot more songs from TLG since I last posted. I adore the full version of "Call of the Guard" especially. "Duties of the King", "Sisi Ni Sawa", "Jackal Style", and "Baboons" are some more of my favorites of the bunch. Fuli really has a great singing voice, hope she gets more songs.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » February 10th, 2017, 12:39 am

Full version of 'call of the guard' has this john williams esque superman feel in tlk style mixed with a bit of hans zimmer.

It's the best piece of music the show has produced. It feels like a legitimate film score themesong.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » February 27th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby DGFone » April 9th, 2017, 8:40 pm

I wasn't sure if I wanted to create its own dedicated topic or not, since I don't remember ever seeing a mention of this before on MLK, which is rather suprising, or more likely, I just missed it. Anyways, since it's music related, might as well place it here in this topic:

Yesterday when trying to wake up, discovered the Circle of Life by Alex Boye. Apparently, based on the description beneath the video, Boye wasn't all too eager to cover Lion King songs - he does a lot of "Africanizing" popular songs, and since Circle of Life is already Africanized, what's the point? But a lot of fans kept asking for it, and he was given the opportunity to go to Kenya to help with humanitarian work, to which he couldn't say "no" to. Boye got permission from Disney to cover the song, and he collaborated with Alisha Popat and Loyaban Lemarti (popular African artists, from my understanding) to sing with him.

What resulted is easily what I feel is the best non-Disney adaptation of the song. Better, even, than some of Disney's own versions of the song. Plus, as Circle of Life ends, the song itself doesn't end - it transitions to He Lives in You, which I feel was done even better than Circle of Life. My biggest disappointment with the song ended up being that I would have loved to see a full version of He Lives in You, as a full separate song, rather than just the first quarter of it as in this song. That would be just awesome!

Here is the video for the song, also extremely well done. The YouTube page also has links to where you can buy the song - I totally recommend you doing so!

Link for the embedded video doesn't appear to want to work.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » April 9th, 2017, 11:39 pm

That whole thing was fantastic, DG. Thanks for sharing it--incredible vocal performance, very cool African instrumentation... got a real spiritual quality to it, just like the original songs. I would definitely love to hear more of He Lives In You, probably my favorite MLK song and that was really extraordinary version towards the end there.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Panpardus » September 18th, 2017, 11:42 pm

I guess this fits in here; Christopher Willis (composer for the underscore of The Lion Guard, for anyone who doesn't know) just released the track from the ending scene in The Rise of Scar. Maybe there's hope yet for a full score release someday...

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-t-wi ... ku-za-mvua
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King