Voice actors for Mufasa and Adult Simba announced!

Re: Voice actors for Mufasa and Adult Simba announced!

Postby Squeely » February 19th, 2017, 3:02 am

I've seen at least the first three seasons of Community, so I've seen a lot of Donald Glover. He's an excellent choice for Simba in my opinion! Hope they give him a few more comedic scenes with Timon and Pumbaa, since comedy is his specialty! Though I have full confidence he can do serious Simba excellently too.

Edit: and of course James Earl Jones will be perfect as Mufasa, I mean that goes without saying.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » February 19th, 2017, 6:00 am

I haven't actually watched Donald Glover act outside of his most recent show, Atlanta, but he can definitely play the role of a troubled male protagonist. (The show addresses a lot of issues, but it's more or less about a broke guy trying to get his life back together after having dropped out of Princeton University, so there's definitely something of a parallel with Simba's story.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » February 21st, 2017, 7:05 pm

I am thrilled that James Earl Jones is returning as Mufasa. There is no better actor to play him.

Donald Glover will be in Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017). His roll has yet to be announced, but I'd (Almost) be willing to bet that he will play Miles Morales:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_Morales_(Earth-1610)

If I am right that is all the credentials he needs for me. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Sushi » February 21st, 2017, 7:35 pm

One thing that bothers me in films, be it number 2 films or remakes is when the voices are completely wrong. I don't think the voice for Zazu works at all in LK2 for example but i can over look it as its only a very small part.
They did such a fantastic job the first time around its going to be hard to live up to the legend.
I have never heard of Donald Glover before (or if I have seen him in something i don't know him by name) so i don't really know if this is a good thing or not. From the comments above it seems to be considered a good choice but I am so glad Mufasa is going to be done by Earl jones as his voice is so iconic in the film i don't see how it would work without him, it just wouldn't feel right. The voice I'm worried about is for Scar. He's one of my all time favourite bad guys and it will just kill the film for me if his voice is wrong. Not necessarily Jeremy Irons, although i would love it if it was, but it has to be right. An unconvincing bad guy would kill the film in my opinion.

Whatever happens in all the LK brand so far they haven't made any disastrous choices so I have faith that whoever they have picked and will pick will work out all right in the end.

Ps.
Oh and Whoopi Goldberg made an excellent Hyena, just saying :P
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2017, 7:47 pm

Well, this is a big budget theatrical film. Disney isn't going to hire half-weights on one of their more important properties, especially for a big budget version.

The Lion Guard is different as its a low budget tv thing mostly for the pre-k age. This movie is being made in mind for the people old enough to have seen tlk1 in theaters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this remake got a pg-13 rating.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » February 22nd, 2017, 7:39 am

[quote="Elton John"]I wouldn't be surprised if this remake got a pg-13 rating.[/quote]

:-o I had not even considered that. I thought PG was highly likely, but PG-13 :gasp2: Would they dare give this remake that much of an edge :unsure:

Something Else occurred to me now. We have the original Mufasa, but Sarabi will have to be recast :sad: I have no idea who they could get?

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » February 22nd, 2017, 7:45 am

Viola Davis would make a good Sarabi I think.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » February 22nd, 2017, 8:55 am

[quote="Elton John"]Viola Davis would make a good Sarabi I think.[/quote]

I could see that happening.

SimbasGuard

Postby Sushi » February 22nd, 2017, 2:03 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Elton John"]I wouldn't be surprised if this remake got a pg-13 rating.[/quote]

:-o I had not even considered that. I thought PG was highly likely, but PG-13 :gasp2: Would they dare give this remake that much of an edge :unsure:

Something Else occurred to me now. We have the original Mufasa, but Sarabi will have to be recast :sad: I have no idea who they could get?[/quote]

There are some powerful scenes in TLK for sure but I don't think it will get rated or be aimed to either. Don't forget it is Disney and they have very strict rules on these things.
I'm part of a Star Wars charity group and since Disney bought the rights to it the storm troopers have been banned from doing exicution style poses with people, even though this is wanted and asked for by people all the time. That's just one example and to be honest I'm surprised Vader is allowed to force cholk people.
Also film ratings are nowhere near as tight as they used to be. How some films get away with things is so cleverly done to get away with things.

With all respect to Sarabi she's not really got all that major a roll to play in the films. Maybe she will get a bigger part in this one?
Sushi

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King