Voice actors for Mufasa and Adult Simba announced!

Voice actors for Mufasa and Adult Simba announced!

Postby Darkshine Laufeyson » February 18th, 2017, 6:20 am

Donald Glover for Simba, and JAMES EARL JONES is reprising Mufasa!!!! I'm so excited about this. :D
Siggie under construction, watch this space!
I love animals, acting, and dancing! Tom Hiddleston fangirl. <3
Warriors Cats|Guardians of Ga'Hoole|Redwall|Wings of Fire|The Named|Disney|HTTYD|LOTR|Harry Potter|Narnia|Inheritance|MARVEL/DC|Star Wars|Jurassic Park|Doctor Who|MLP/LPS|Pokemon
Darkshine Laufeyson

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Voice actors for Mufasa and Adult Simba announced!

Postby Elton John » February 18th, 2017, 7:18 am

http://www.avclub.com/article/jon-favre ... ive-250593

Looks like you are right!

Donald Glover is an excellent choice for simba! Dude is straight up talented!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » February 18th, 2017, 8:13 am

All hail our future king.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TheLionPrince » February 18th, 2017, 9:18 am

Oh dear, Lando and Darth Vader reunited again this time as father and son.

That said, I'm surprised James Earl Jones is reprising Mufasa. I was wondering what new voice actor could they pick for Mufasa in the live-action remake that will be great as Jones. Donald Glover is an excellent choice for adult Simba.

Now, I'm curious if the new film would be considered more of an update than a remake.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » February 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm

If they're already making casting choices the movie can't be a long ways away. It was mid 2014 when the jungle book got casting announcements and it was released early 2016.

I'm calling it now, tlk remake will be released early to mid 2019.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » February 18th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Donald Glover as Simba is a great choice; he has a lot of personality and versatility, so he can play both the younger and more mature versions of adult Simba. It'll certainly be nice to hear the character voiced in a much more lively and flowing manner than our current iteration of him in The Lion Guard.

Also, James Earl Jones is back, again. Because of course he is. :melikey:

I'm definitely starting to get the sense that they'll be looking to cast this in a similar manner to the Broadway version, so I can't say I'm disappointed yet.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasMate » February 18th, 2017, 6:20 pm

No idea who David Glover is but I hope he knows he has big paws to fill for Simba! I am glad that James Earl Jones is still Mufasa. I don't think he will ever be replaced. :hmph:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 18th, 2017, 6:39 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]No idea who David Glover is but I hope he knows he has big paws to fill for Simba! I am glad that James Earl Jones is still Mufasa. I don't think he will ever be replaced. :hmph:[/quote]

Yeah Whats so special about this David Glover guy after all the passed Simbas we have had, I mean first off I want a voice sample of him to judge for myself.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » February 18th, 2017, 7:14 pm

His name is Donald Glover.

Perhaps not the best choice as yt was fairly limited on clips of him that were mlk-safe and they are mostly interviews on yt, not much showing his acting or singing, but here is his regular and singing voice in one clip. Of course, his singing is going to sound much better when using professional equipment but him singing acapella is not bad at all.

Had to delete the link as the ending wasn't mlk-safe humor-wise!

But he's good, trust me.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby WildSimba » February 18th, 2017, 8:14 pm

[quote="Elton John"]His name is Donald Glover.

Perhaps not the best choice as yt was fairly limited on clips of him that were mlk-safe and they are mostly interviews on yt, not much showing his acting or singing, but here is his regular and singing voice in one clip. Of course, his singing is going to sound much better when using professional equipment but him singing acapella is not bad at all.

Had to delete the link as the ending wasn't mlk-safe humor-wise!

But he's good, trust me.[/quote]

If anyone wants a good example of his acting, he's Troy in Community, and he's got some really awesome and hilarious stand up specials - mainly Weirdo, which is on netflix, and never manages to not crack me up everytime. He also has his own show currently airing on FX named Atlanta which is also a really good show. He's also a musician under the name Childish Gambino and I'd suggest his new album "Awaken My Love" which really shows his chops musically, it's a fantastic soul/funk album. :)

Needless to say, Donald Glover is a fantastic choice for Simba for the remake. He's very easily able to put on tons of different voices, and he's got a flavor and charisma to his acting that me, and a lot of people really love. I really can't think of a more excellent choice. Also Jame's Earl Jone's returning? That's just awesome.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King