Potential voice actors for the tlk remake?

Potential voice actors for the tlk remake?

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2016, 9:53 pm

As a note, since this is going to be a big budget theatrical movie we can expect a lot of big stars, either new to the franchise or returning voice actors.

Its highly likely that james earl jones and ernie sabella will return. Madge Sinclair and Zoe Leader won't be returning because they are dead, and it is very unlikely that niketa calame and jonathan taylor thomas will reprise their roles as young simba and nala.

I predict that lupita n'yongo and chadwick bosman will be in it. Both are comfy-cozy with Disney right now. If I had to have a replacement for James Earl Jones, maybe Denzel Washington?

Maybe Samuel L Jackson too? He was in The Incredibles, and he seems to be on good terms with disney as well.

I would like Lupita as Adult Nala and Chadwick as Zazu. If they don't get back Nathan Lane, Sam can be Timon.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Potential voice actors for the tlk remake?

Postby TheLionPrince » December 16th, 2016, 12:03 am

I think Jon Favreau will go for an all-new cast, but who knows at this point? I can definitely see Favreau and the producers going for a cast of mostly actors of African descent. Similar to the casting mostly actors of Polynesia and Samoan descent in Moana, Disney doesn't want to catch criticism from social-justice warriors for not casting enough black actors in a film set in Africa. (Which I can understand but regardless of skin color, character comes first.)

Here's my list:

Lupita N'yongo - a strong possibility for adult Nala
Chadwick Boseman - a strong possibility for adult Simba
John Boyega - a possibility for adult Simba
David Oyelowo - a possibility for adult Simba
James Earl Jones - an early toss-up for Mufasa
Morgan Freeman - a toss-up for Mufasa or Rafiki
Dennis Haybert - an alternative to Jones, Freeman, and Elba
Idris Elba - an alternative to Jones, Freeman, and Haybert
Viola Davis - a strong possibility for Sarabi
Angela Bassett - a likely possibility for Sarabi

I have no idea if they will cast another white Englishman for Scar, bring back Jeremy Irons, or re-cast him with a black actor. I would like to see Ernie Sabella reprise Pumbaa because he's in the perfect in the role, has never been recast, and his voice hasn't gotten older over the years. I'm not sure about Timon, Zazu, or the hyenas. All their original voice actors are still alive, but who knows?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby FlipMode » December 16th, 2016, 12:40 am

Samuel L Jackson would probably be my pick for Mufasa as well I think. I'm not very good with name of actors and stuff to be honest but I definitely think that James Earl Jones should voice Mufasa again.
Zazu I think will need a change in voice to be honest because being a "real" bird means that I don't think he will be quite as bubbly as he was in TLK, I feel like a new voice will be needed to match the shift in his character that will be required to make Zazu work in a live action remake.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby moonsugar33 » December 19th, 2016, 5:47 am

I hadn't even thought about voice actors! Augh!

I think Ernie Sabella has a pretty good history of being happy to reprise his role wherever possible. If anyone from the original cast would be returning, it'd probably be him.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbaKovu » December 19th, 2016, 6:37 am

Lupita N'yongo as Nala
SimbaKovu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tembo » January 17th, 2017, 9:29 pm

I don't dare to give names but I would rather divide the characters in three groups:

1) Scar and Zazu should both have a Brittish accent, with Scar being played by a stage actor as Shakespearian as the character is.
2) Mufasa and Rafiki have some mysticism and are the characters that most heavily remind the African culture behind the film, so I think only an African or African American actor with a deep (Mufasa) or really histrionic (Rafiki) voice can do a great job. Certainly I would not take a Brittish actor for Mufasa! As some sugested Liam Neeson.
3) Timon and Pumbaa should be played by funny comedians of the Broadway showbiz.
4) Simba, Nala and the hyenas could be any of the latter.
Tembo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » January 18th, 2017, 9:15 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Here's my list:

Lupita N'yongo - a strong possibility for adult Nala
Chadwick Boseman - a strong possibility for adult Simba
James Earl Jones - an early toss-up for Mufasa

I would like to see Ernie Sabella reprise Pumbaa because he's in the perfect in the role, has never been recast, and his voice hasn't gotten older over the years.[/quote]

I like these choices, although I would be O.K. with Heather Headley voicing adult Nala.

Also if this character is included in this movie. I have always liked the Idea of Keith David as Nala's Father.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King