Platinum/Special Editions Questions (TLK Trilogy)

Platinum/Special Editions Questions (TLK Trilogy)

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 4:43 am

Firstly, does the first even contain the first movie? (With or without "morning report") And if so what's the trick to viewing it? :roll: (probably my first time with the DVD versions ever)

Secondly, I recall an SP where Zira grabs Kiara's paw/leg in an attempt to bring her with her (the river scene) - which TLK SP is that? :?
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Re: Platinum/Special Editions Questions (TLK Trilogy)

Postby Elton John » December 2nd, 2016, 6:48 am

I know that the DVD that comes with the blu ray release does not have The Morning Report. I havent watched the original dvd release in ages.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 8:49 am

Forgot to mention, it's not Bluray versions.
It's this one (but with the version franchise incluse)

KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 2nd, 2016, 10:24 am

That's the one I have. It does contain the morning report.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 4:06 pm

But does it contain the original movie? Or movie #1. Cause all it plays currently is SP.
KionScar

Postby Elton John » December 2nd, 2016, 4:34 pm

Maybe it was a mixup during the printing? It shouldn't have tlk2....
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 5:28 pm

And it's second disc barely has anything on it... maybe there was a mixup with the SP2 2-disc special, I'll have to open it to see.

Though I got these from Ebay, they still had their plastic on them so I don't believe they had been open before ever.
KionScar

Postby Elton John » December 2nd, 2016, 5:34 pm

People can re-shrinkwrap things.

Got it from ebay? Looks like the seller either made a mistake or screwed you over.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 5:37 pm

I left them a message yesterday, what does your discs look like?
KionScar

Postby TheLionPrince » December 2nd, 2016, 5:38 pm

I bought a new copy of the Platinum Edition DVD last year from eBay. It was also shrink-wrapped and claimed to be new, but I struggled to find the "original theatrical version" which it isn't. Actually, it was the IMAX version without "The Morning Report". I don't want to feed you any false information on how to access it, but if you do find the menu selection featuring both versions of the film, it should look like this:

[quote="KionScar"]Secondly, I recall an SP where Zira grabs Kiara's paw/leg in an attempt to bring her with her (the river scene) - which TLK SP is that? :?[/quote]

Are you talking about when Kiara intercept Zira's bounce when she tries to lunge at Simba, or when Kiara and Zira are dangling from the cliff? While changes have been made to the original VHS edition of Simba's Pride, that section of the movie was left unaltered (aside from changing the aspect ratio).
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King