New things would you want to possibly see in the remake?

Re: New things would you want to possibly see in the remake?

Postby DGFone » October 4th, 2016, 2:55 am

This is going to make me sound extremely cynical, but since it meant a lot of why I enjoy The Lion King so much:

Oh, how much do I hope that they don't ruin the songs/score. I will allow Disney to include more material, since the remake will most likely be longer than the 87 minutes that the original movie is, but I also see it as way too easy to ruin something that was great in the movie in the goal of "remaking" the movie for a modern audience.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby zerodix » October 4th, 2016, 6:56 am

^that is very likely to happen, since they will probably go for the modern audience, and modern/new will definitely not mean better (i deal with technics at work, believe me, new is NOT better) Personally i will keep my expectations low and enjoy that there will be something to enjoy.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Katelyn23 » October 4th, 2016, 5:00 pm

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I hope we get a look at Mufasa and Scar when they were younger in this new film. Even if it's only a small amount of material, I would still be so happy.

Getting to see more of Scar's reign over the Pridelands sounds like a great idea as well.

I'm all for using the original songs & score in the new film so long as they don't butcher it and completely change them, kind of like a few songs in The Jungle Book. (I didn't like the new variations of Bare Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You.)

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby zerodix » October 4th, 2016, 5:18 pm

i hope they won't mutilate the songs.. for the rest, this would be a great oppurtunity to give mheetu a chance! every extra lion would be welcome. and more lines for good ol' Sarafina would be nice.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 21st, 2016, 6:56 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]-This one is gonna be unpopular but.... all new voice cast, with the voice cast being at least 80% black or African.[/quote]

You know, I originally wanted the old cast back, but I think I like this idea a little bit better. I'm always baffled when Hollywood films make most of the cast have American and/or English accents even when the characters are of a different ethnicity... It doesn't really make sense whatsoever, even if I LOVE the original TLK cast to bits.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 21st, 2016, 8:28 pm

The characters are not human so it's easier to accept. Also, tlk was a movie from the 90's. Aladdin was voiced by a white dude from Full House. Most just didn't care or know about voice actors like we do today.

To be fair, tlk still has more black actors than most major hollywood films.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » November 18th, 2016, 4:31 am

New voice cast will breathe some new life into the characters, so I'm all for it. It's a little unlikely they'll be better than the original cast, but it's Disney, they ain't gonna cheap out here. A new cast will roughly be on par with the originals, while offering their unique take on each character.

A new score will be amazing. Maybe keep the leitmotifs and spirit of Zimmer's original score, add in more African influences, and the new composer's style will shine through in the new bits and pieces. Sounds solid.

I'd love to see some songs from the musical make it in. "They Live in You", "Shadowland", and "Endless Night" would be excellent choices. If they want to keep Scar making advances towards Nala out of the film, they could easily lead into Shadowland by showing the devastation Scar has brought to the Pridelands, and the lionesses all decide someone should go and look for help. Nala could volunteer, giving her a pretty awesome little character moment.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby moonsugar33 » November 27th, 2016, 2:29 pm

I agree- I think it'd be amazing if the actors were from the same place the movie was set.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Alexterri1 » November 27th, 2016, 7:44 pm

I REALLY want to see more of Scar's reign.

I also hope they don't put the songs in, because I didn't like the way that were handled in The Jungle Book
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Elton John » November 27th, 2016, 7:56 pm

Yeah they were handled really poorly in the jungle book.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King