Trick or Treat?

Trick or Treat?

Postby Buffy » October 5th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Hey friends and familiars, 'tis that time of year again when the air gets chilly and spooky feel of Halloween starts sneaking into our lives... Okay, maybe that's a tad bit dramatic, but you get the picture.

So usually we have an annual Trick or Treat. Based on the News and Announcements section we haven't had one since 2013, but I don't recall it being that long ago, so I'm hoping that it's just hiding in some other part of the forum and that we didn't skip the whole thing for two years.

Anyway, for those who don't know how this works or even for those who need a refresher, our trick or treat event is essentially a 'secret santa' type of event but set during the Halloween season. So, if you sign up, you will be put on the list of participants. Once entries have stopped, you will be messaged by yours truly with the info of who you'll be gifting this year. This event DOES require you to gift whoever it is you get, so if you're not going to be creating something to give to another member, please don't sign up. It's not fun for the other person participating to not receive their gift. This has happened in the past, so please, don't sign up if you're not going to participate the way you should.

So, in summary...

You will have until October 15th to sign up for the event. To do so, just reply to this thread letting us know you want to participate.

Between October 16th and 17th you will get a PM from me, telling you who you'll be gifting this year. DON'T TELL THE PERSON YOU GOT THAT YOU'LL BE GIFTING THEM. It's a surprise.

You have from the time you got your PM to October 31st to make your gift and post it as a reply to this thread, and finally revealing who the gift is for.

If you have any questions or concerns on how this works, feel free to ask.

And as for what gifts qualify... I mean, it's anything, really. Most people do signatures or avatars, but if you're a wordsmith you could write a short fanfic, a poem, anything like that. I remember one year FlipMode did an interactive power point presentation for a member. So it literally could BE ANYTHING you put your mind to. I believe in you, you got this!

List of Participants
Buffy
SimbasMate
GeminiGemelo
Ninaroja
Carl Skywalker
Labatis
InsaneSeagull
Tsuki
Marizzle
Shadowfax
Sarger
DGFone
Kiana
Flip_FTW

Entries are now CLOSED.

You will be contacted in the near future to tell you who you'll be gifting. Keep an eye out for a PM from me.

Due date extended until November 5th due to PMs going out late.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Re: Trick or Treat?

Postby SimbasMate » October 5th, 2016, 10:43 pm

Me me me!
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Gemini » October 5th, 2016, 11:15 pm

We definitely had one of these last year, I remember. I ended up not finishing my gift though and I felt really bad about it, so to make up for it I'm gonna enter and do it right this year. :highfive:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » October 5th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Hmm... i'd love to join in on the fun but I don't know what i'd do.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ninaroja » October 5th, 2016, 11:48 pm

MEEEE
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » October 6th, 2016, 5:33 pm

I'm totally in. How could I not be? :cheese:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Labatis » October 7th, 2016, 12:54 am

Sign me up! I must've missed this the last two years. I didn't know this was a thing until now. :o
Labatis
The world is a mess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and I just need to rule it

Pride Points: 23

Postby InsaneSeagull » October 7th, 2016, 9:19 am

Kiki's in! :DD
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Tsuki » October 7th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Yeh go for it :). Sign me up.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Buffy » October 7th, 2016, 7:10 pm

List's been updated!! Thanks for your participation, guys.

[quote="The Lionvengers"]Hmm... i'd love to join in on the fun but I don't know what i'd do.[/quote]

It can be anything! Graphics, writing, video, music. It's up to you. Are you participating?
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Next

Return to News & Announcements