Off-Topic Writing Contest #6 (Winner!)

Off-Topic Writing Contest #6 (Winner!)

Postby Carl » May 12th, 2016, 10:31 pm

Alright folks, the sixth contest's voting period recently came to a close and despite being rather long, we only got two votes. Anyway, those two voters unanimously chose the story written by:

GeminiGemelo!

Congrats again on another well deserved win, Twin.

Now then, the next contest will not be starting for a few more weeks or so, reason being I know a lot of people are doing exams presently and won't have time to write, and that's part of why I'm making this announcement separately from the next contest announcement.

The other thing however, is that we had a fair bit of interest in this contest when I first suggested hosting it, but participation has been very low. I was wondering what sorts of things you guys might like to see incorporated into the contest to liven it up and make it more interesting. For example, should I include optional prompts in every contest? Do you want winners to suggest prompts like in DG's contest? Should I include a mandatory "theme" in addition to, or in place of, the optional prompts? Etc. What kinds of stuff would make you guys more interested in joining?

winners: show
Contest #1: Spike
Contest #2: GeminiGemelo
Contest #3: Queen Elsa, Killjoy Dixon
Contest #4: Killjoy Dixon
Contest #5: GeminiGemelo
Contest #6: GeminiGemelo
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Off-Topic Writing Contest #6 (Winner!)

Postby Gemini » May 13th, 2016, 5:02 am

I liked your story, Jules! Good work. :)

I don't watch TWD but I found it interesting. And honestly when I look back mine wasn't the best that it could be, lol.

Anyway! Looking forwards to the next contest. Hope it's not too long in the making. :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » May 13th, 2016, 5:09 am

My story was actually about the comics rather than the show (as they differ and everything actively happening in it is later than where the show is lol). I had to severely edit the original story (which I am planning to work on more and post on AO3 one day) because one of the characters is very profane and yeah he was toned way down, yet even so I think I was pushing the boundaries of what's okay. xD I didn't expect to win with it, since not much happened really. Anyhow thanks! It's been a long time so I don't remember much of yours now (should probly reread) but I do remember thinking it was good at the time. :P

The next contest will be sooner rather than later if I get more interest again, but otherwise, 2-3 weeks, maybe a month or so? Can't say for sure.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Gemini » May 13th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Ahhh, okay. Awesome. :P

And yeah, IDK. My story was alright, but when I re-read it I saw several areas that could've been improved. It still wasn't that bad, though, by my standards, and I did have a lot of fun writing it, so it was nice to be able to enter it into the contest.

Also, I know how you feel about toning things down. xD I remember that one time in the on-topic contest where DG was just like "yeah your story was great but it was uber sketch and like yeah that basically almost crossed the line so try and be more careful, k?" It was that one with Sarafina like murdering her newborn cubs and then having sex with a random dude. lol

Like when I look back IDK how that was allowed, but I won apparently. Haha.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Gemini » May 28th, 2016, 5:45 pm

BUMPITY BUMPITY BUMP WHEN'S THE NEXT CONTEST BUMPITY BUMP BUMP THANKS JULES.

:cheese:
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Return to Off-Topic Creativity