Sarabi

Re: Sarabi

Postby Carl » June 20th, 2015, 6:17 am

Much like Nala in SP, in the first film Sarafina's pawtoes changed colors from scene to scene and other such minor changes. All of the background lionesses go through this phenomenon, and therefore it's likely that if Sarabi is one of them in SP, she would have experienced the same.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 6:40 am

Ah okay. True that could be a thing
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Troll Berserker » October 6th, 2015, 10:04 am

I think that her voice actor isn't a problem there. After all Simba, Nala, Rafiki and Zazu get different voice actors too, right She was just unecessary for the story. Including every single character just for the sake of appearing would be too confusing.

Anyway, I like Sarabi a lot, even though her role was so small. She's a pretty lioness and a caring mother.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby 7LionkingFreak » October 8th, 2015, 8:41 pm

I'm not sure if this was ever mention before I just saw a interview with Lorraine Toussaint and to me her voice sounds close to madge sinclair. If they had kept Sarabi
I think Lorraine would have been a great fill in.
The Greatest Love Of All
7LionkingFreak

Pride Points: 2

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 2:07 pm

I love Sarabi. She's incredibly strong and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. I hope she gets at least a mention in TLG; I'd appreciate a canon answer as to what happened to her.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » January 13th, 2016, 3:49 am

[quote="Squeely"]I love Sarabi. She's incredibly strong and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. I hope she gets at least a mention in TLG; I'd appreciate a canon answer as to what happened to her.[/quote]

That would be awesome :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Rollo » January 15th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Sarabi is probably the strongest female character in the franchise. Perhaps not physically, but emotionally. She's still the leader in all of the lionesses' eyes and would be expected to retain composure, despite losing her husband, son and her kingdom in the same day. That's a lot for someone to take... and then the subsequent starvation and mistreatment. It's hard to imagine how she coped. By the time Simba returned, she was on her last legs. It could be assumed that maybe it was too much for her to cope and perhaps she passed shortly after the events of the first film.

I still think an answer should've been given in Simba's Pride. Even just one line to hint that she's no longer there and reunited with Mufasa. It's horrible thinking she was just retired with no consideration for what the fans would think. Then again, SP had a habit of not answering questions straight forwardly - i.e Kovu's father.

I would love to have her mentioned in TLG. I'd expect she'd be a great role-model for the girls, especially Kiara. Sarabi's the ultimate Queen.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Amur_Tiger » April 16th, 2016, 8:42 pm

With all the British accents going around in TLK someone had to keep a stiff upper lip and Sarabi did that quite gracefully and fittingly.

Regarding her absence in SP, I think it could be a mix of losing the voice actor and the overall messyness of a plot that only took the memorable characters from TLK instead of picking up some of the side characters from TLK and developing them further. Given how much of the movie is about war and 'issues of state' it would seem pretty sensible to go ask Sarabi a question or two after all she knew Mufasa pretty well.

Instead we get Rafiki parsing Mufasa's tea leaves, which brings a very deux ex machinima feel to it all and leaves more skeptical viewers like myself unconvinced of the whole premise. I don't think there was a driving need to reunite the prides, seeing half of a 'conversation' between Mufasa and Rafiki about it just wasn't all that convincing. I suppose this allowed more fleshing out of Mufasa's character in a way but I'm not sure filling in more about a dead character's character is the best use of screen time, having grandlionesses, Nala and Simba all talk about it would have given more color to actually alive characters.
Amur_Tiger

Pride Points: 9

Postby Squeely » April 17th, 2016, 5:33 pm

^Yeah, or perhaps have Sarabi and Rafiki discuss uniting the prides, but the rest of Simba's pride is too stubborn to do so. I don't know, maybe that wouldn't have worked as well as the Rafiki/Mufasa thing, but it would have given Sarabi a role.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion King