¿Who would you cast for a Lion King movie?

¿Who would you cast for a Lion King movie?

Postby Claws » April 8th, 2016, 1:57 am

So, I was looking at threads and one gave me the idea, it's fairly simple, most of Lion King's original actors have aged, or maybe you just weren't that much convinced by one of them, so... Who would be your pick for an actor or cast to voice the characters of the movie?

For example, I'd really to see Idris Elba playing Scar, it would actually remind me of how in both Jungle Book and Lion king the actor who makes the spanish voice for both Scar and Shere Khan is the same, heh.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Re: ¿Who would you cast for a Lion King movie?

Postby Elton John » April 8th, 2016, 2:53 am

You mean a live action remake with cgi animals a la 'the jungle book'? Or if tlk were done today, instead of 22 years ago?

I'd probably have Robert downey jr as adult simba, or maybe rdj as mufasa with grant gustin as adult simba. Adult Nala would be played by Jennifer Hale.

As for timon or pumbaa, chris pratt. Either would work. Zazu could be played by John Oliver.

I'd still have jeremy irons as scar.

Lupita n'yongo would be sarabi. As for lil simba and nala, two unknown kid actors.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » April 8th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » April 8th, 2016, 2:32 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]I think I'd much prefer a TLK remake (although I don't want one anyway) if it were to the likes of the live action animal ones we've been getting, like The Jungle Book, instead of a humanized production. I'd love Viola Davis to voice Sarabi. Lupita for adult Nala. If he were still alive, I'd LOVE to see Tony Jay try out Scar. I really think he could've been awesome in that role.[/quote]
Tony Jay as Scar would've been amazing. Frollo scares the living day lights out of me.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Rollo » April 8th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby TheLionPrince » April 8th, 2016, 6:37 pm

I posted this a week ago on IMDb.

Cub Simba: That will be left to auditions.
Adult Simba: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Chris Pratt could be another good choice)
Mufasa: Dennis Haysbert
Scar: Christoph Waltz
Cub Nala: Quvenzhané Wallis
Adult Nala: Lupita Nyong'o
Sarabi: Viola Davis (or Alfre Woodard)
Timon: Billy Crystal
Pumbaa: Can't decide
Rafiki: David Oyelowo
Zazu: Simon Pegg
Shenzi: Jenifer Lewis (or Octavia Spencer)
Banzai: Michael Peña
Ed: Jim Cummings (archival sound; no reason for a miscast but if a new actor is needed, Frank Welker or Fred Tatasciore)
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to Beyond The Lion King