just wondering

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Do you like Shenzi, Banzai and Ed?

Postby Carl » June 4th, 2014, 8:38 pm

You aren't giving any evidence except "I like them, so they are not the same as those characters and deserve more."

Look, fact is, they serve the same role as those other characters and they are not getting their own movie like Kronk did. No matter how much you like them (and they are great characters I'd have liked to see more of), YOUR FONDNESS DOES NOT CHANGE A THING. Those characters existed for the purpose of serving Scar, just like the other characters Niña mentioned existed for the purpose of serving the villain in their films. That's what their role was. Potential or no, that's all they got and that's all they are. We can't change that, and it doesn't matter how special they are to you, that is still their role in the film.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shenzi » March 6th, 2015, 3:42 am

These three are amazing. I'd absolutely LOVE to see more of them.
Shenzi
is surrounded by idiots

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby tigerlover » December 3rd, 2015, 3:00 am

YEAH!!!! :D
tigerlover
Tigress

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tiger
Pride Points: 3

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 1:47 pm

Of course I like them! Of all the "villain's-cronies" type characters, not just in Disney but in media in general, the hyenas are among my faves. They're so cool!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby BrianGriffinFan » January 31st, 2016, 6:58 pm

Definitely. They work very well off each other, have a great design, and are extremely enjoyable characters, particularly Shenzi.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

Postby Peons1989 » March 26th, 2016, 8:57 am

I also think that it is the simple question I dont like all of them except shanzi ..hahah But the others are also good but not my choice i telling you staraightly..The person says that he is disagree but i dont know why ?? he is
Peons1989

Pride Points: 0

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 27th, 2016, 1:54 am

Yes, I like the hyena trio and think their dynamic words well together especially with Shenzi being the leader of the trio. Female hyenas are the leaders in nature and I like to see Banzai and Ed being the brunt of more jokes. I also like Whoopi and Cheech as comedic actors so I think that helps a lot. I think they were great comedic relief in the first film, to me they were even funnier than Timon and Pumbaa. My favorite line has to come from Shenzi, "What, so I can look like you cactus butt?" :P :lol:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby jcn2017 » July 2nd, 2016, 7:31 pm

I would like to know how come they along with their hundreds of hyena friends didn't move to the good side after they killed Scar? Iago from Aladdin switched sides. Besides, Simba witnessed the hyenas killing Scar, so I don't get why he didn't welcome them into the group afterwards.
jcn2017

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby moonsugar33 » July 6th, 2016, 10:26 am

Shenzi is awesome, and Ed's pretty entertaining. I think Banzai's the weakest character of the three.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Squeely » July 27th, 2016, 9:56 am

[quote="jcn2017"]I would like to know how come they along with their hundreds of hyena friends didn't move to the good side after they killed Scar? Iago from Aladdin switched sides. Besides, Simba witnessed the hyenas killing Scar, so I don't get why he didn't welcome them into the group afterwards.[/quote]
Well, the hyenas were always antagonistic towards Simba, so I doubt he'd really want to make friends with them. Plus, the hyenas had been terrorizing the lionesses for years. Besides, killing your friend out of anger doesn't really make you a good person, even if said friend backstabbed you as badly as Scar did. Also, the Pridelands seemed unable to support that many hyenas. I don't think any of the lions would have been in favor of them sticking around at that point.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King