So sad... So very, very sad...

So sad... So very, very sad...

Postby Shawry111 » December 12th, 2015, 10:06 am

There probably isn't a lot of point in this post. And to be honest I think it rather pathetic I write this, but I wanted to get something off my chest. Because I am feeling so depressed right now, the emotion I feel cannot be contained in a few sentences. There is nothing that makes me more upset right now than knowing that it's all over.

The Lion King is a masterpiece, we all know this, if we didn't well we wouldn't be here now would we? But it pains me to know that I don't think anything will live up to that standard. And it makes me so so so so so sad knowing that it is not real. As much as I feel like it should be it isn't, I will never meet Simba, or Mufusa, or Kovu, or Kion, or Kiara. And I don't think we will ever get to see what happens after Simbas Pride either. The only thing we have left is The Lion King itself. We have the music too, and of course our memories. That's about it really, I wish it was real oh so I do. I wish upon everything in the universe, that maybe there is an afterlife where we get to go and see and do all the things that we ever wanted. And first on the list would be to live a life as the best mate of the characters. Or even just meet them, be a lion or something. But I know that realistically isn't going to happen. Does anyone understand? I am not even going to proof read what I wrote because everything I did write is just a bunch of emotions that probably don't make sense pasted on a screen for you all to see. Oh god it makes me so sad... That nothing... none of it... is real. Why oh why would we be cursed with this. Does anyone know how I feel? Oh god I hope so. :cry: :( :worriednala: :curious: :worried2:
Last edited by Shawry111 on December 14th, 2015, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Re: So sad... So very, very sad...

Postby Braveheart » December 12th, 2015, 10:57 am

Yes. I know how you feel.

And that's why fanfictions and other fan related stuff exist :)

*hugs*

But you know, lions face all kind of challenges in the wild too. It's not really a romantic idyllic lifestyle. You have to hunt for food, make life & death choices everyday and deal with threats. Sure, you get to be with your mate but will you be willing to take chances?

ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 12th, 2015, 8:27 pm

Well, I can most certainly feel for you. I've been in your shoes many times and various fictional works have had me wishing that I could be somewhere else then our average, day-to-day life. Fictional works usually have emotional, interesting and challenging adventures, cool things to do and see, and who wouldn't just fie to be a part of that? And then there are characters, that you end up loving so that you pretty much already consider them your friends, and you just really want to meet them. And when the franchise ends, there's that horrible feeling that's pretty similar to having to say goodbye to a good friend. I believe everyone has felt that way in one form or another.

When I was a kid, I used my own imagination in order to live those adventures. Like, I would be watching my favorite show, and I would imagine myself playing a certain role and interacting with the characters, and that would fill in the gap. My family says I was a crazy kid, but I know I was also a happy one, so I don't care. I spent most of my childhood in my own, perfect little imaginary world, and I really have no regrets. For me, all those character and situations are real, because, as cheesy as that sounds, they live in my heart and have been a part of my life.
:P
In order words, you do get that you don't have to wait until you die in order to go to that ideal world, right? Close your eyes and go Zuka Zama.
:superexcited:

On the other hand, while it might seem silly, don't forget that the real world can offer you just as much if you let it. There are many things you can do to make your life more fun. Try out some new things, maybe meet new people, make new commitments... just do anything that would make your life look more like your favorite action movie.
:thefastest:
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 12th, 2015, 8:49 pm

I feel for you, buddy. I've been down the same road and it's just awful. But you know what? Life will start looking up for you again. You just gotta give it some time.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

Postby Regulus » December 12th, 2015, 8:49 pm

[quote="Shawry111"]And it makes me so so so so so sad knowing that it is not real.[/quote]

Well... no, it isn't real. But the people who wrote the script, composed the music, and animated the characters are real. Isn't it amazing what people are capable of?

[quote]And I don't think we will ever get to see what happens after Simbas Pride either.[/quote]

So? What happens after SP is all up to interpretation. The amazing thing about the Lion King fandom is that there's so much you have to build from and work with. There is no simple "this is what happens" answer; it's up to you to decide what happens. This is what fan art and fan fictions are for.

[quote] And first on the list would be to live a life as the best mate of the characters. Or even just meet them, be a lion or something. But I know that realistically isn't going to happen.[/quote]

Yes... but everything that would be so fantastic about that can also be found in the real world. The Lion King was created by humans, and was modeled after the human (and lion) world. Everything that exists in the movie was based, in some way, off of something else--and most of that can be experienced here on Earth.

In the end, The Lion King is really an allegory for human life as we know it.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Shawry111 » December 12th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Oh my god guys *group hug* thank you... I never thought of it in these ways, fan fictions were mentioned a few times, where do I go to find some specifically about the events after SP? Amadi, I too would get on all fours and reenact multiple things from The Lion King... And you know what I am not afraid to admit? The imaginary world in my head still exists. And no, I don't mean I act like Simba or anything but still have the imagining side of things, I think we all do. Hence why we picture ourselves there when listening to the music, fulfilling the role Simba during the Hakuna Matata sequence. And Regulus my man. You are truly correct in saying that the lions were modeled off people and that real amazing people (if you have seen the making of TLK etc.) wrote everything that we still have. You are totally right man... Haha, BraveHeart. I don't think I would want to be a real lion, way too dangerous. I mean in The Lion King but you probably already knew that. :ha: :innocent:

Thankyou guys a lot, I think a lot of you have been in my position too, have any of you written any fan fictions about after Simba's Pride? At least I know it's you guys who wrote them. :P
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Iberian » December 13th, 2015, 1:55 am

--------------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Braveheart » December 13th, 2015, 4:30 pm

By the way, Shawry, I know this may be offtopic but I'm still curious: If you could be any character in the Lion King Universe (Including OC), who would that be and why?

There might be a low chance that LTK stuff continue after SP, but if it does, there have to be new antagonist and problems.
Oh well.

ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Pride Points: 28

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » December 13th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Awwww... *hugs* I was depressed for weeks after Bog hero 6 came out, just wishing they were real and I could meet them. Now I'm feeling that way about Star Wars, I would have a blast and be a rebel with the ghost crew! But it's not reall and it makes me so sad
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Timon the great » December 13th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Do not lose your imagination in this life.
Last edited by Timon the great on December 17th, 2020, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King