The saddest moment in the tlk franchise (besides that)

Re: The saddest moment in the tlk franchise (besides that)

Postby Elton John » December 9th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Nukas death was never sad for me because until bungaa he was my most despised character in the franchise.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Shadowfax » December 10th, 2015, 6:41 pm

I always get teary when Mufasa and Simba have their chat under the stars when Simba has just been rescued from the elephant graveyard </3
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Squeely » December 10th, 2015, 9:58 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Nukas death was never sad for me because until bungaa he was my most despised character in the franchise.[/quote]
Zira hates him roughly as much as you do. Ya gotta admit, for a mother to hate her own son that much, and for said son's dying action being one last struggle to make her happy... That's still pretty darn sad, no matter how annoying Nuka may be.
:nukasad:
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Sigurd » December 12th, 2015, 11:48 pm

When Simba is lying on the desert (possibly sadder the Mufasa's death)
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby AwkwardPastel » December 13th, 2015, 12:38 am

Personally I have always found Nuka's death to be really upsetting but it didn't actually have a big effect on me until after i watched the deleted scene from Nuka's death where he says 'Well, i finally got your attention didn't I?' to Zira because I didn't fully understand that he desperately wanted his mothers attention at first... :/

The 'great kings of the past' talk between Simba and his father always makes me tear up :(

Also, am I the only person that gets upset during the 'not one of us' song? i feel so bad on Kovu when he gets attacked by all the animals and sees scars reflection in the water.
AwkwardPastel
Here comes the lion guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa!

Nickname(s): Jason, Pastel
Pride Points: 2

Postby Lauren » December 21st, 2015, 12:07 am

For me, it has to be when Simba talks to Mufasa up from the night skies after Rafiki guides him to seeing his reflection in the water. I get teary eyes when I watch that scene because his father's words applies to people in many different ways, especially to those who are struggling to figure out their identity. When I watch The Prince of Egypt, the scene with Moses talking to God from the burning bush gives me that same emotional feel as to that scene with Simba and Mufasa because I find them similar. <3
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 21st, 2015, 12:11 am

That's because tlk was inspired by the story of moses.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 22nd, 2015, 2:27 pm

Yeah, the parallel between TLK's iconic appearance of Mufasa's spirit within the clouds and the ghost of Hamlet's father is sort of like a happy accident after Scar was made to be his treacherous brother. The true inspiration for that sequence is Moses' discovery of the Burning Bush in the Book of Exodus.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Gaze » December 28th, 2015, 3:51 am

can't decide on just one scene, but the top ones....

- the pride mourning Mufasa's death. Sarabi's apparent anguish, and poor Nala crying )~:

- when Simba returns to the pridelands as an adult, and Scar aggressively guilt-trips him and pushes him to the edge of pride rock. super emotional scene... Simba just seems so scared and helpless as he's suddenly forced to confront everything he's been hiding from since Mufasa's death

- Nuka's death, especially considering the deleted scene, as others have said. i love Nuka so much, he is such a sad pathetic dude desperate to get some attention from his mother and be a hero to the Outlanders. seeing him die just trying to get that attention is so sad....and Zira finally giving some indication that she cares abt him...and Vitani's sadness...)~":

- I think Kovu's exile has made me tear up on some of my more emotional days.....real sad to see him being punished for things he didn't do and trying to escape the destiny Zira has thrust upon him
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King