Did Simba friendzone Nala?

Did Simba friendzone Nala?

Postby Elton John » November 2nd, 2015, 6:00 am

(Please don't take this topic too seriously)

I can only imagine the kitty tears Nala cried that night after Simba said it would have been wierd marrying her. He's the prince, and she's the most elligible lioness cub bachlorette in the pride. Who else would Nala marry? Kimba? Zazu? Nuka?

By the nine divines, Simba was quite rude. He could have said 'I can't see myself marrying a friend, for now at least' Maybe then Nala might not have cried herself to sleep.

Like allanis morrisette sings in her song 'ironic' "it's like rain on your wedding day". What does this have to do with tlk? Simba wanted to be her friend but they get married anyway. Not very ironic but neither is that alannis morissete song.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Did Simba friendzone Nala?

Postby Carl » November 2nd, 2015, 7:32 am

Well, obviously Simba didn't wanna be tied down. He's a world-class playa, ya dig? Got that rep to keep up and whatnot. Not to mention Nala's totes a bro, amirite? Bros don't marry bros.

In seriousness, I think he'd have to be at an age for romance to be on his mind to actually friendzone her. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » November 2nd, 2015, 7:56 am

Not all boys go through a 'girls are icky' phase :lol:

I didn't.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » November 2nd, 2015, 8:04 am

Interestingly enough, I wondered in the back of my mind if Simba's comment hut Nala. Despite the fact that she shared his reaction and opinion of the news. Although with Simba saving her from Shenzi that same day, I think any tears Nala cried that night were due to whatever punishment Sarafina gave her as a result of her little misadventure in The Elephant Graveyard.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ultra Fox » November 2nd, 2015, 8:10 am

Marriage can still be an odd concept for kids to grasp ever wanting even if they don't find either gender icky.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Carl » November 2nd, 2015, 8:40 am

^ Exactly. In school I never found either gender icky but until the very end of middle school, I never thought of anyone as a romance option or as someone I might marry. All of the people I liked were simply "friends" until that point, and I'd have found it gross if someone had suggested I marry one of them of either gender.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ultra Fox » November 2nd, 2015, 8:45 am

A lot of my male friends would often call the girls icky in elementary school, and I never understood it even then. Or I'd hear both genders immaturely keep calling their gender superior.

Even at that age I found that crap stupid. :lol:
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby FireAndSun » November 2nd, 2015, 2:26 pm

I remember that. The boys would say the girls are gross, and the girls would say the boys were gross, and they'd just keep firing back and forth. :lol:
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 6th, 2015, 2:09 pm

In Simba and Nala's case, it was less to do with the whole "opposite gender has cooties" cliche, and more to do with them finding it weird due to being best buds. That's not to say with absolute certainty that they wouldn't find marriage in general to be "icky" and such, given how they're still young, but it is worth noting how the writers didn't exactly tread on that tired trope.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Troll Berserker » November 6th, 2015, 2:16 pm

I wouldn't call it a "friendzone" (by the way I despise this word. It's made up by some lonely guys who whine over internet about not being able to have a girlfriend. Nobody is obligated to love you because you're "nice to them".)
And they are just kids. I had many male friends as a kid and I never thought of them as potential love interests. As kids, boys think girls are gross and girls think boys are gross. That's how kids work.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to The Lion King