Share your TLK Collection!

Re: Share your TLK Collection!

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » October 11th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Wow! That language looks very cool on the cover of the movie!
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby MiKuna Matata » October 11th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Thanks for your compliment! XD It's Traditional Chinese. The first film is Diamond edition with Chinese paper box packed. Simba's Pride is printed in Chinese directly. Both of them have pronunciation of English, Chinese and other three languages. And subtitles of English, Chinese, and other four languages.

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » October 11th, 2015, 1:54 pm

Aweome! I wish those were sold on eBay :P
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby MiKuna Matata » October 11th, 2015, 2:00 pm

I searched for it and found ‎Simplified Chinese version. It's not Traditional Chinese.(You can see the difference on the first word.)
Traditional Chinese is used in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Simplified Chinese is used in China.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291560489904?redirect=mobile

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata

Postby nathalie » October 11th, 2015, 5:11 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Interesting.... So the taiwanese version of the legacy collection is in a regular jewel case...

...Is the CD set in English or another language? Sorry i'm not very used to seeing foreign versions of soundtracks for american movies...[/quote]

So is the Australian Legacy set, jewel case. I hate the cardboard one, I wish I waited so I could have gotten a jewel case version.

And any foreign Lion King CD, if it has the titel on it in English, it's in English.
Every other CD has the title in their native language (just as info, hehe).

@MiKuna Matata: is that Cantonese or Mandarin? Or another dialect being used?
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby MiKuna Matata » October 11th, 2015, 10:23 pm

It's a little complicated. Mandarin Chinese is a tune, which is now used in Beijing, China and Taiwan. (Following by history) Taiwanese people came from China about 70 years ago. And they brought the tune(Mandarin) too. Now, we say the pronunciation in Beijing and Taiwan is Mandarin. But the writing is different, which is due to official rule. Taiwan uses Traditional Chinese, and China uses Simplified Chinese. :umm:
So, basically, the print on the DVD is different from my version. But the pronunciation is the same. :D

As for Cantonese, it's used in Hong Kong( sorry, I was wrong in the article before). The pronunciation is different from Mandarin. So is writing.

MiKuna Matata

Postby yukidogzombie » December 6th, 2015, 11:47 pm

here is some of my stuff tho I don't have much

yukidogzombie

Nickname(s): yuki
Pride Points: 1

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 8th, 2015, 1:54 am

Look what i found stored away with some stuff, doesn't fit me any more, sad to see it go

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 18th, 2015, 5:35 am

So unless Disney comes out with a new better upgraded Lion King Video game i ain't letting go of this one, because its probably the very last of its kind, and im gonna play it now
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » December 31st, 2015, 12:16 am

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King