Julie Taymor revealed her alternate ending idea

Julie Taymor revealed her alternate ending idea

Postby Troll Berserker » October 6th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Julie Taymor, director of the broadway play revealed lately that she had another idea for the ending of "her" version of Lion King:
http://time.com/4051165/lion-king-music ... te-ending/

Just... wat. Nope.
Now I can't stop imagining a Simba&King Gator crossover xD
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Re: Julie Taymor revealed her alternate ending idea

Postby TheLionPrince » October 6th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Wow, I'm so glad the heads of Disney Theatrical Group (Thomas Schumacher and Peter Schneider at the time) didn't go with that idea. However, the idea was somewhat used earlier in the short film accompanied with Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable where Timon and Pumbaa create their oasis by blocking the river water with a dam. Also, Simba went and fought in the Coliseum in an episode titled "Rome Alone" from the Timon & Pumbaa series. Perhaps, the idea can be used for The Lion Guard since the show is focused on environmentalism and conservation.;) :mhm:
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » October 6th, 2015, 5:32 pm

That ending was just.... Stupid. Thankfully they didn't go with it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » October 7th, 2015, 9:15 am

Sounds like someone was on an acid trip when they came up with that idea.

All joking aside, she was adapting The Lion King to theater. It wasn't exactly her own original ideas that she was creating, but adapting a well known and beloved story into a new medium. Changing the ending that much would have been catastrophic.

Also, so from what I read, Simba runs out into the desert and finds his way into Las Vegas. Last time I checked, there are several thousand miles worth of Ocean between Africa and North America. How did he do that? Fed Ex overnight shipping?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Troll Berserker » October 7th, 2015, 10:15 am

[quote="DGFone"]Also, so from what I read, Simba runs out into the desert and finds his way into Las Vegas. Last time I checked, there are several thousand miles worth of Ocean between Africa and North America. How did he do that? Fed Ex overnight shipping?[/quote]
The osasis is named Las Vegas... because reasons. And it has coliseum in it... because reasons..
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Squeely » December 6th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Wh... That ending, just... Thank goodness others on the team had the foresight to keep it from happening... I can hardly believe Taymor was serious with that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Braveheart » December 7th, 2015, 2:50 am

Huh, does it mean that humans exist in the lion king world now?
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Pride Points: 28

Postby TheLionPrince » December 7th, 2015, 7:05 am

[quote="Braveheart"]Huh, does it mean that humans exist in the lion king world now?[/quote]

No, Papa Croc would have been just a crocodile character.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Braveheart » December 7th, 2015, 9:08 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="Braveheart"]Huh, does it mean that humans exist in the lion king world now?[/quote]

No, Papa Croc would have been just a crocodile character.[/quote]

I see, admittedly that would have been weird :kionugh:.

I wonder if the Timon & Pumbaa series are considered cannon, I mean there's people like Quint in it...
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Pride Points: 28

Postby Squeely » December 7th, 2015, 1:58 pm

[quote="Braveheart"]Huh, does it mean that humans exist in the lion king world now?[/quote]
I think they do, it's just that the Pridelands aren't visited by humans all that much. I just don't know where else Shenzi would have heard about club sandwiches, or Timon would have heard about beepers and potpourri, if they didn't hear those things from passing groups of humans.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King