who is Nala's real father? Ni or Scar?

Re: who is Nala's real father? Ni or Scar?

Postby KiovuLove » July 9th, 2015, 2:35 am

I thought I already commented on this...huh I must have not hit submit or something.

I like to believe that Sarafina ventured outside of the pridelands or something. Or maybe came from a different pride to join Mufasa's but may have already been impregnated. Disney likes to try to be at least somewhat realistic, I mean heck all you see is lionesses in the pride which is like the real world. BUT Disney would've made her a father. Therefore he exists, but doesnt exist. He has no name nor does he have a look that we know. That kind of makes it fun though for us fans to create such a character in our minds.

It does bother me though, how many people say its incest. I remember we watched Lion King in high school on one of those lazy days and everyone was talking about it. I find it silly that they thought no one ould notice she has no father...I mean that just leads to people thinking crazy things. That leads to the general population of the world thinking Mufasa was a father and it's incest...i dont know. If I were the producers, I would've done a small scene or something. Like maybe while Sarafina was giving Nala a bath and they decide to go to the "water hole", they go off on their adventure and her father comes up next to Sarafina and they lean on each other like parents do when they're children go off doing things while they're sitting there all proud or whatever. A TINY LITTLE SCENE. Thats all they needed lol
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasGuard » July 10th, 2015, 10:17 pm

To Paraphrase what Julie Skywalker (and several others have said). Using nature as an example of how things should be viewed in The Lion King, does not work. The Lion King flat out ignores nature where it pleases.

[quote="VoxLight"]i can assume that, if disney was ever forced to say who nala's father was, they would say it was mufassa.[/quote]

Hypothetically if Disney could be forced to admit who Nala's actual Father was and have it be actual Cannon. They would never say it was Mufasa or Scar. Look at how they bent over backwards to establish that Scar is not Kovu's father. Even at the cost of never explaining what the reason was for Zira's fanatical devotion to Scar. How then would they then say that Simba And Nala's relationship is an incestuous one. I think if forced on the issue Disney would rapidly make up some random name for this character that at this point was not characterized.

[quote="KiovuLove"] If I were the producers, I would've done a small scene or something. Like maybe while Sarafina was giving Nala a bath and they decide to go to the "water hole", they go off on their adventure and her father comes up next to Sarafina and they lean on each other like parents do when they're children go off doing things while they're sitting there all proud or whatever. A TINY LITTLE SCENE. Thats all they needed lol[/quote]

It is a great idea, but then you have to ask Where was Nala's Father during Scar's reign. Assuming he honored the right of assertion and did not oppose Scar becoming King, why did he not stand up to Scar when he brought The Hyena's in or when Scar's rule was destroying The Pride Lands? If Nala's Father had been in the movie I think Scar would have had to get rid of him too in order to take the throne and how many outright murders can you have before your movie looses it's G rating?

I wish Nala's Father had been in the movie, but I can see how he would have complected the plot :eyebrow6:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 13th, 2015, 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2015, 6:22 am

Something I want to mention about Ni:

The only information we have of him came from TLK:6A. Therefore, that is the only information we can use reliably about him, excluding the whole canon-debate with those books.

But the main point about Ni in there is a rather serious one: He is far too young to have been Nala's father. When he saves Nala from the hyenas, he is at best a late-teen, or very early in his adult years, most likely the former. Now rewind time to before Nala was born to when he could have potentially met Sarafina and you will easily see that he is even younger.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby NaiaRulez » July 25th, 2015, 10:21 am

I don't think Scar, Mufasa nor Ni were her father.
In first case, I discard Ni because in my version is Nala's crush XD And because he's not a Disney creation, so no.
I'm discarding Mufasa too because the movie would seem wierd mainly to kids that Simba and Nala were siblings and then they get married.
And about Scar, I really don't think so 'cause at least in the Broadway play he tries Nala to be his queen and mate, then that would be a sign of pedophilia in case that if he was her father, or a more logical thing, Scar doesn't share any similarity with Nala, physically and as psychology.
But let's think, there are more lions in the savannah, not only Mufasa and Scar are living in it, so Nala's father can be another lion from another pride, and that's it.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby cubbykovu » September 1st, 2015, 1:06 pm

This is totally random but I thought Mheetu was a boy :) I think Nala's dad is someone we don't see but if it was going to be anyone it would probably be mufasa which would be a creepy situation for later on. but then it wouldn't be in Lion terms so I am not sure but then Lions don't talk in real life either soooooooo . Hmmmmm it will be a mystery for ever Probably a Rogue Lion maybe
cubbykovu

Nickname(s): CK, Cub
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » September 2nd, 2015, 8:07 am

Actually Mheetyu is a boy:

http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Mheetu
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » September 2nd, 2015, 12:19 pm

If Scar was Nalas father, that would make Kiara inbred.. Since Scar is uncle to Simba.. Disney wouldn't let that happen :P Ni is only a teenager when they meet. I think Nala has no official Disney confirmed dad. I know some fans have Erevu as his father, he was designed by a fan artist whose name I forgot, but he/she is amazingly talented and designed this lion in a very Disney like style.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Troll Berserker » October 6th, 2015, 4:23 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Something I want to mention about Ni:

The only information we have of him came from TLK:6A. Therefore, that is the only information we can use reliably about him, excluding the whole canon-debate with those books.

But the main point about Ni in there is a rather serious one: He is far too young to have been Nala's father. When he saves Nala from the hyenas, he is at best a late-teen, or very early in his adult years, most likely the former. Now rewind time to before Nala was born to when he could have potentially met Sarafina and you will easily see that he is even younger.[/quote]
Agreed. I don't get why so many people relate Ni to Nala. Just because these two interacted with each other, doesn't mean he's her father.
Also they fail to see that obvious fact about Ni's age. At the time Nala was born, he would still be a young teen or preteen.
Not to mention those SNA designs are really unoriginal. Ni litreally looks like Simba with brown mane... :headache:

Also I don't think Mufasa or Scar as Nala's father are canon. They are anything but canon for the same reason Scar is not Kovu's father.

Some people also name Leo/Mega because he has pale fur in about Nala's tone. Again, the character is not canon and I don't get why Nala's father have to look like Nala. After all she looks pretty much like Sarafina so you don't need to have a "genderbent Nala" neither as Mheetu's nor Nala's father design. And if Leo was Nala's father, wouldn't that be obvious to mention that he was Kopa's grandfather when Kopa interacted with him?
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Previous

Return to The Lion King