Something that has been bugging me about this movie for ...

Something that has been bugging me about this movie for ...

Postby Elton John » September 26th, 2015, 11:18 pm

...years.

So we know who simbas mom and dad were. We know who nalas mom is.

..... But what about all the other lionesses? There were only two adult males in the pride in the beginning of tlk1. When you bring in real lion logic a male mates with more than one female but that doesn't fit into tlk logic where mufasa is like a one lioness kinda guy.

....and in the sequel, simba is the only male in the pride until kovu becomes an adult. He also is a one lioness kinda guy.

Are those lionesses going to die alone? What happened to their parents? CAN THE lION GUARD HELP THE AVENGERS TAKE DOWN THANOS WHO WIELDS THE INFINITY GUANTLET?!?!?!

Heck if I know.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Something that has been bugging me about this movie for

Postby Captain Cupcake » September 27th, 2015, 6:01 am

I am going to go with the assumption that Mufasa, Simba, and any of their preceding males weren't "one lioness kinda guys" even though it seemed otherwise. :D
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 27th, 2015, 6:05 am

Simba and nala are my otp so I can't agree with that at all.

Besides, as the ancient proverb goes 'a lion would never cheat on his wife but a tiger wood'
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Captain Cupcake » September 27th, 2015, 6:16 am

OTPs can have some fun on the side. And it ain't cheating if they're lions. ;)
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 27th, 2015, 6:22 am

I refuse to believe that simba would go after a lioness other than nala.

She is simbas waifu after all. And as another ancient proverb goes 'one waifu for laifu'
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby nathalie » September 27th, 2015, 6:47 am

I find it extremely hard to believe that filmmakers ever think this far, haha.
But good points though ;)
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Tsuki » September 27th, 2015, 7:42 pm

I think it's mainly because in nature it's usually one male per pride and in some cases two brothers per pride. Thats what the film makers went with because that's what happens. And yeh all those lionesses were Mufasa's technically...then all Simba's and now all Kovu's.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2015, 4:12 am

We will never know, and the real kicker is simple: we don't need to know.

The reason why we don't know who they are is because it would interrupt the flow of the story while not actually adding anything to it. So in many ways, the best solution is to not worry about it. The filmmakers won't have an answer because it is not a question that was tossed around during production: the filmmakers are worried about how the on-screen characters are, not how their not-appearing-in-this-film relatives are.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to The Lion King