The Adofo Situation

Re: The Adofo Situation

Postby HereWeStand » August 13th, 2015, 12:13 pm

I'm not really surprised he was faking the "nice" persona to be honest. Didn't anyone notice he tried too hard to be a "nice" guy and people's "psychologist" as he claimed? There's being genuinely nice, and there's trying so hard it completely loses any genuinity and just looks suspicious. Didn't suspect it'd escalate THIS far though, this person sounds like they need psychological help because this is very abnormal behaviour.

EDIT: Also would like to add that genuinely nice people that go out to help others normally don't show-off by saying they're people's "psychologists" and the like, most of the time you don't notice them. Just something to keep in mind when noticing this behaviour in other people. Even in the hacker thread he was trying too hard to garner sympathy for himself. Seriously? He claims he was hospitalized over his 'guilt'? All his posts in that thread were filled with obviously fake melodrama.
Last edited by HereWeStand on August 13th, 2015, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » August 13th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Yeah people this situation has been brewing for months - not to mention when it all started to get very intense Buffy was on holiday and I had literally been a mod for about 20 minutes. And GG is correct that I sent him an official board warning after he sent several users (myself included) threatening messages where he threatened to harm himself and links to disturbing YouTube videos of himself (one such video was 6 minutes long and was just him crying hysterically and yelling about how he wanted to end his life)

Many nights I was awake until well into the wee hours reviewing reports I had been sent from various people. I know I'm still new to this mod business but I stand by the point that it was handled properly, and Adofo received all the proper warnings and heeded none of them.

But anyway, I'm not annoyed at people for thinking it wasnt handled properly, since most of it took place not in public (I.e. off site or behind the scenes through PMs, reports etc.) I think the "I was hacked rant" was the first time it was ever thrown out in public (hence why a lot of people who read that thread initially were confused as heck)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby HereWeStand » August 13th, 2015, 12:32 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]And GG is correct that I sent him an official board warning after he sent several users (myself included) threatening messages where he threatened to harm himself and links to disturbing YouTube videos of himself (one such video was 6 minutes long and was just him crying hysterically and yelling about how he wanted to end his life) [/quote]

Wait... seriously? This guy is borderline psychotic and needs to seriously seek help. That's all kinds of screwed up.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby NaiaRulez » August 13th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Well, about 2 weeks ago I have heard about this and Adofo being hacked... I don't really know what is going on, I only have read the thread when he apologizes of everything and he told he was being hacked by his cousin... Sincerely, it happened the same with a friend of mine in another forum, even with the cousin excuse, and if everybody is taking the excuse that it's their cousins who hack them then it's hard to believe. Maybe it's true, maybe not.
Last edited by NaiaRulez on August 13th, 2015, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby HereWeStand » August 13th, 2015, 12:43 pm

Another member already claims he's admitted to lying about the hacking, and even if it weren't for that I think it's pretty safe to say that it doesn't excuse his behaviour at all. In fact the more I think about it the more he sounds like the textbook definition of an abusive person - trying so hard to get the sympathies of people by claiming he's "suicidal" and trying to be a Nice Guy™ so they believe his sob stories when he abuses others so he can get away with it and continue the abuse again and again and again. And people like that often get away with it because they thrive on people's tendencies to excuse and forgive the behaviour, he just wasn't smart about it and made it escalate to absurd and unbelievable amounts to the point where his facade fell apart.

Seriously, the moment someone uses suicide as an emotional blackmail against you - run and never look back. Whether they realise it or not, the person is being abusive towards you and needs the help of a professional, not you. You're not responsible for someone's mental well being and you don't deserve to be hurt and used like that.
Last edited by HereWeStand on August 13th, 2015, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HereWeStand
-

Postby FlipMode » August 13th, 2015, 1:15 pm

By "Handled better" I meant handled sooner.
But whatever, its over now I suppose lol

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be nice to people, but going well out of your way to be nice so that you can use it to get away with crap like that is creepy yes.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Si-Amber » August 13th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Sounds to me like the staff did they best they could with the information they had.

Main thing is that the guy is banned now and hopefully he'll go get himself the help he needs.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby juhouh » August 13th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Can't deny he finally got the attention he always wanted lol
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby FeatheredSeclude » August 13th, 2015, 1:26 pm

[quote="Spike"]Sounds to me like the staff did they best they could with the information they had.

Main thing is that the guy is banned now and hopefully he'll go get himself the help he needs.[/quote]
Well said. Hope he gets the help he needs. From what I can tell, he could likely have a form of autism. Two of my siblings have the issue. But one is far worse than the other. Not going into much detail but violent is in the equation.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby HereWeStand » August 13th, 2015, 1:27 pm

[quote="juhouh"]Can't deny he finally got the attention he always wanted lol[/quote]

True true, but likely not the kind he actually wanted. :lol:

It may be some form of autism, but there's plenty of mental disorders that involve this level of manipulation (borderline, narcissistic, antisocial, etc, though I highly doubt it's as serious as psychopathy, at least I hope not).
HereWeStand
-

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements