Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Log In Issue / glitch

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 13th, 2015, 5:48 pm

I've been having this issue a lot - Cleared out cookies and old internet files, still no luck. I constantly get logged out, even when I click 'stay logged in'. Other forums keep me logged in permanently, except this one where I have to log on each time I visit.

...And sometimes it just logs me out at random intervals too, particularly while I'm browsing the forums.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » July 14th, 2015, 5:07 am

I have a similar issue - if I go to MLK through the main page, I will have to log in.

However, if I go directly to a forum page, I would already be logged in. I have been randomly logged out, but that was very rare, and last happened quite some time ago.

Might be a MLK server issue, but I strongly suspect that it's some wonky cookie or something similar sitting in the browser.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Timon the great » July 14th, 2015, 5:39 am

Am I the only member who has never had this issue before? I seriously haven't as far as I can remember since the time this topic was made. I always log in from the index (auto log in never checked), and post freely without getting logged out at all. Unless, it's because of the 45 minute inactivity timer or I close the browser app on my phone, or it has to reload all the tabs because of low memory.

I guess the software for this forum just doesn't like some members logging in. But apparently, it really likes others such as myself. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » July 14th, 2015, 5:50 am

I get this issue consistently still... I thought it had to do with the session ID changing when I went to the ACP. If other members are getting it, perhaps it's a server issue. I just don't really know how to fix this. I may need to ask for support.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » July 14th, 2015, 5:50 am

[quote="DGFone"]I have a similar issue - if I go to MLK through the main page, I will have to log in.

However, if I go directly to a forum page, I would already be logged in.[/quote]
That used to be the case for me as well, but now going through the main page or directly to a forum page/FAA page all still keep me logged in. Unless my browser flips out, in which case I have to log back in to every site, not just this one. I'm not really sure what the issue is.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Moka » July 14th, 2015, 5:52 am

What browsers are you all using?
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 14th, 2015, 5:56 am

My browser is:
Chromium Version 43.0.2357.130 Ubuntu 14.10 (64-bit)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Carl » July 14th, 2015, 5:58 am

I'm using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m.

I haven't had issues in ages, but not long ago GeminiGemelo was having trouble staying logged in with Chrome, but I'm not sure which version that was, or if she's still having the problem.

Edit: Okay, I asked her, and she's still using Chrome, but she's not having the issues anymore.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Timon the great » July 14th, 2015, 6:07 am

[quote="Moka"]What browsers are you all using?[/quote]
If it is of any help to you even though I'm not having the issue, the Apple Safari browser that comes standard with an iPhone / iOS.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 14th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

Later today I'll see what happens when I use Firefox too (I've got some personalised funky cookie settings on that one though).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To