who is Nala's real father? Ni or Scar?

who is Nala's real father? Ni or Scar?

Postby Taka1995 » July 7th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Did Sarafina really mate with him? And in the other case, if Ni was her father, does Nala know him?
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Re: who is Nala's real father? Ni or Scar?

Postby Ninaroja » July 7th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Ni is from the books - not canon and not made/owned by Disney. Therefore, not him.

I'm not sure if it has ever been officially confirmed/denied by any of the film makers, but since Disney is a "family friendly" company in don't think thy would allow incest in any of their films. If Scar was Nala's father it would make her and Simba cousins, not to mention in a deleted scene Scar was going to try and seduce Nala and make her his queen.

Conclusion, neither.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheLionPrince » July 8th, 2015, 12:44 am

Like Ninaroja, neither of them are Nala's father. Two more clues as to why Scar couldn't be Nala's father is (1) Nala never refers to Scar as her father or vice versa and (2) Scar chastises the hyenas for failing to depose of Simba and Nala. Since Scar is trying to usurp the throne in order to become the new king, it wouldn't be wise for him to kill his own child and heir if he does inherit the throne. And as The Lion King II shown, he did take into consideration about having a successor.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » July 8th, 2015, 4:02 am

Well, Disney said they didn't make a father for Nala because he wasn't a necessary character and they didn't think anyone would notice his absence... I'll try to find it, not that anyone will pay it any mind since proof doesn't change people's minds.... but canonically, neither is Nala's father, her father simply doesn't exist.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Iberian » July 8th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Carl » July 8th, 2015, 10:18 pm

From the wiki...

[quote]According to Tom Bancroft, one of the lead animators for The Lion King, the issues of Nala's father was brought up very late, and eventually ignored as they figured no one would notice him not being there.[/quote]

[quote]In 2004, when asked about who is Nala's father, according to Brian Tiemann, Minkoff, and Allers "began laughing, ribbing each other, making little sidelong jibes". Eventually, Minkoff pointed towards Allers, jokily mentioning he was the father. They concluded their answer with Minkoff muttering into his sleeve, that the general assumption was that Nala's father was "either Scar or...Mufasa."[/quote]

[quote]Contrary to belief, the directors of The Lion King did contemplate who Nala's father might've been. Albeit jokingly said, he was at least thought about as a character, but had no place in the movie. In the end, the two directors just hoped no one would notice his absence, effectively scrapping him.[/quote]

That second quote, I am unsure of the credibility of, but I have seen the other two mentioned in official paraphernalia somewhere, so I think it is safe to assume that Nala's father was not Scar or Mufasa or Ni canonically.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » July 8th, 2015, 10:55 pm

[quote="VoxLight"]So Canocally, Mufassa is probably nalas father[/quote]
Canonically, which is what I think you were trying to say, means officially. Officially, neither is Nala's father. That's not up for debate.

To the rest of that mess, actually, real prides do sometimes have more than one male if the males are related. It's not uncommon, actually. Usually the one male is the father of all the cubs, yes, but not always. If it were a real pride, yes Mufasa would be the most likely candidate for Nala's father. But the lions in the movie are anthropomorphized, and they are "civilized." They are not a real pride, and don't act like a real pride.

In fan theories, you can choose whoever you want as Nala's father, but canonically, she doesn't have one. Period.

[quote]Honestly, i dont think that we should say "oh it was probably none of them" but we also shouldnt say "it was definetly him" without saying "it was him because, and it makes me think that because".[/quote]
If you want to go with what's official, there is nothing else to say except that it is DEFINITELY none of them. If you're talking fan theories, have a hay day. This thread isn't about fan theories though, it's about Nala's REAL father. This means that Ni, Ahadi, and all other semi-canon characters are irrelevant and so is anything that isn't official. What is official is that Nala does not have a father, as the character was unnecessary for the plot.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Iberian » July 8th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » July 8th, 2015, 11:08 pm

The thing is, at the end of the day, looking at how real lions live is only a very, very crude way to try and determine the father. After all, the lions in The Lion King have a lot more to do with how humans live than actual lions - they are humans with lion bodies and some lion manners. So at the end of the day, I find it very unlikely that Nala's father is someone in the pride.

Yes, lions in a pride in real life are all related. But since when did real lions talk, organize entire kingdoms, and stage elaborate coups, using goose-stepping hyena armies? The argument "due to how real lions behave, Nala's father is most likely Scar or Mufasa" is a non-argument as far as I am concerned.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » July 9th, 2015, 12:00 am

^ I don't know about that. I never knew my grandfather on my mom's side, and I was never sad about that.

@Halcyon, I don't know, someone mentioned Ahadi. But I suppose he and Sarafina could have had a fling, older guys tend to like hooking up with younger women, after all. :lol:
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Next

Return to The Lion King