Do you think the Disney company notices us?

Do you think the Disney company notices us?

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 22nd, 2015, 8:18 pm

I have always wondered if Disney ever notices the fandom out there, not just in the parks but, on the web, do they ever take the time to explore what we fandom do? like the fan art? or the role play? Do they ever listen to us? Do they even care? :eyebrow6:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Do you think the Disney company notices us?

Postby Elton John » May 22nd, 2015, 8:21 pm

Don't know.

Maybe the people who worked on the films know about the fanbase, but I doubt Bob Iger knows or cares.... Dude is probably too busy running one of the biggest companies in the world and probably doesn't have much free time.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby it means no worries » May 22nd, 2015, 9:04 pm

They are a business, they have made their money from The Lion King so they have no further reason to care
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Iberian » June 12th, 2015, 12:18 am

---------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » June 12th, 2015, 4:10 am

Seriously speaking, I doubt it. MLK is not big enough to warrant attention considering that The Lion Guard is a TV show - it's not going to bring in the dough if they pandered to the fan sites any more. If MLK was around back in 1994, then perhaps, but 20 years later, Disney has their sights on their other cash cow - Pixar. I doubt that they even listen to any Frozen forums, and that movie is only a few years old.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » June 12th, 2015, 5:02 am

Pixar isn't their modern cash cow, it's marvel and star wars. The Marvel movies have already gave them profits on the billions they spent on the company, and it probably won't take long for star wars to make returns on the 4 billion they paid george lucas. Especially considering lucasarts also has indiana jones. They also just reteleased a lot of the old lucasarts titles on good old games and since universal does not own park rights to lucasarts (unlike marvel) disney can promote and sell merch of it in their parks.

Like I said I think maybe the creative teams know about the fanbase, but the CEO's don't. Bob Iger is a very busy man, and I doubt the shareholders really care either.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » June 12th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Sadly I echo the above statements. I believe that Disney knows that Lion King has a fan base, but I think what they look at is the profits from Blu-Ray/DVD sales, the last theatrical release, and the merch connected with that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby it means no worries » June 12th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Although i hope they will pay attention with TLG coming
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby SimbasGuard » June 13th, 2015, 5:53 am

They will definitely pay attention to the ratings the show gets, but I doubt they will be looking to Lion King fans for input.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Buffy » June 13th, 2015, 7:29 am

I don't think they particularly notice us. Disney is one of the biggest companies out there, so I doubt they browse the internet for fandoms and whatnot.

Honestly, as stated above, I think they just look at the ratings and that's it.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King