Sir Elton John

Sir Elton John

Postby Elton John » December 28th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Strange that there's no topic about him as he was a big part of what made the lion king what it was.

I know he did his own version of circle of life, can you feel the love tonight, and just can't wait to be king.

For those who are not too knowledegable on the man, he's a huge deal. John Lennon once said that "your song" was the first new thing since The Beatles. He still does concert tours around the world and he charges a lot for a ticket :(

He has worked with several lyricists, most famous being bernie taupin. He also wears a LOT of silly sunglasses.

Some of my favorite elton john songs outside of the lion king

-your song
-saturday nights alright for fighting
-nikita
-step into christmas
-levon
-somebody saved my life tonight
-that's why they call it the blues

He has also collaborated with a variety of famous musicians such as paul mccartney, axel rose, and oddly enough eminem.

You can hear his version of can you feel the love tonight in the end credits. You know that a movie is top quality when even the credits are worth watching.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Sir Elton John

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » May 2nd, 2015, 7:26 am

[quote="Elton John"]You know that a movie is top quality when even the credits are worth watching.[/quote]

Exactly!
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby zerodix » June 22nd, 2015, 4:18 pm

I am kinda surprised there is not so many information or threads about elton john. he did a great, what. amazing, job, on the music for the Lion King. But besides that, he is a one of a kind artist. He started back in the 70's, and I still listen to his songs. My older friends, they all know the songs and lyrics from his pre-lion king era. Goodbye Yellow brick road, crocodile rock, sacrifice, song for guy, daniel. just a few older songs that made this legend famous.
Elton john deserves a lot of respect, and I hope he will release more in the future. This voice and his piano skills. everything he does makes perfect sence.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 9:44 am

My question is...how exactly did he become involved with this movie?

BTW, his song "Sacrifice" is beautiful. You gotta give it a listen.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 10:36 am

I think the people behind the movie originally wanted abba, but couldn't get them. Elton had done music for an animated movie before called ferngully so they probably thought he was a good replacement.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 15th, 2015, 11:40 am

It's doubtful that his involvement with FernGully played that much of a role in Disney's choice for him. He only really provided one song for that film's end credits and wasn't really an integral part in developing the whole movie's musical palette.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 11:49 am

I suppose, do you have any idea why they chose elton for the music? At the time he was recovering addict from a lot of vices. Some not so legal...
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 15th, 2015, 12:25 pm

Tim Rice probably just suggested the next best thing in his mind after ABBA declined due to clashing schedules or whatever it was. He wanted to go for a pop artist that would gel well with him.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 2:45 pm

ABBA? Seriously? Um...wow.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 1:14 am

It's probably for the best that ABBA wasn't available. With all due respect to ABBA fans, their music bores the heck out of me, and I get the feeling that their songwriting would be a weird fit for a Disney film, especially one set in Africa. I mean, perhaps it would have worked, because using a British pop star worked. But I can't shake the feeling that ABBA could have easily made this film go from great to awful.

I'm glad Elton John ended up being the one to help write the songs. He feels like the better choice to me.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King