Perception of one scene from TLK 1 1/2.

Perception of one scene from TLK 1 1/2.

Postby Zonofon » September 5th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I had a discussion with my friend about one scene from TLK 3. I mean that, when Timon left alone and shout "Elbow room!" after Pumbaa gone away (can see in images). I find this scene serious, without comedy elements and I feel sad when I see it. My friend also see it serious, but not without humour and comedy.

What do you think about it?

1.png
2.png
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Perception of one scene from TLK 1 1/2.

Postby SimbasGuard » September 5th, 2014, 9:23 pm

I think any humor to be found in this scene comes from the sarcasm of Timon trying to convince himself that he is happier by himself. I personally see the scene as being more serious.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 9th, 2014, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » September 9th, 2014, 6:47 pm

I felt the mood of the scene was rather neutral. Once the echo faded away and Timon begins to crawl himself in the bed, you realize Timon has made a terrible mistake. However, since it was following upon Timon's argument with Pumbaa on whether to support Simba, you can consider the scene to be serious.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 18th, 2019, 7:12 am

Agreed. It felt neutral to me at first but quickly turned serious due to continuing from when Pumbaa left. We got to see how lonely Timon felt, and he finally realized the real meaning of hakuna matata. I've always wondered why Timon and Pumbaa were willing to let go of everything to follow Simba to Pride Rock - and remained there as we have seen in Simba's Pride - even though I know it had to do with Simba being their best friend. But this scene gave me proof that hakuna matata became more about friendship than just living a carefree life.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½