The Lion King 20th Anniversary Party!

The Lion King 20th Anniversary Party!

Postby DGFone » June 1st, 2014, 8:56 am

I did hint about it recently, but let this be the big official announcement:

MLK is going to have a big celebration to mark the 20th anniversary of The Lion King!

Currently, I am thinking of having everyone get together on Skype for a big party. However, instead of just having everyone talk with each other about random stuff, I am thinking of actually having some activities to do then as well. I haven't thought of anything specific yet, but we have a few weeks to think of stuff, and I will gladly accept ideas for what to have for the event!

Some people have expressed concern over having the event be on the 15th (a Sunday) due to issues with school and all that. On the other hand, the 24th is a Tuesday, so that poses problems as well. So instead of having the celebration on a day that the movie was released (yes I know), I was thinking that a good day to host the event will be Sunday the 22nd or Sunday the 29th.

This is just an announcement so that we can start preparing. Everyone can pitch in their ideas for what to have, and hopefully by the time the date will arrive, we will have a big event all planned out!

Spoiler: show
Hopefully an act of some benevolent being won't cause the event to not happen
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: The Lion King 20th Anniversary Party!

Postby Regulus » June 1st, 2014, 9:46 am

I'll be gone from the 21st to the 29th. Your choice of time isn't going to work for me unless it's a week earlier.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Lauren » June 1st, 2014, 3:02 pm

The week of the 22nd or 29th is okay with me since I will be finished with school during that week. I would love to be part of the celebration. :)

I remember something Buffy did for SophieCub's birthday where she did a video tribute to her by collecting all of our thoughts on her and how wonderful she was to our community. Buffy took our writings and placed them into her video. We should do something like that where we can have collect our thoughts on TLK and write about why this film is so special to us and put them all in the video. That would be very special, in my opinion. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 1st, 2014, 6:39 pm

This would be awesome! You'd also have to consider timezones as well, considering that there's pretty much a divide with the American members and the British members.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby KingCub » June 1st, 2014, 10:11 pm

Ill be gone from the 20th-22nd, but any other time I would love to do it!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » June 2nd, 2014, 12:50 am

I do realize that time zones will be an issue. I have created a poll for the date which the most of us will want the event to be on, and I am asking you guys to reply in that topic the times for the day that you voted for.

The poll is here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=39646
(Also now found in the OP)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby SimbasMate » June 2nd, 2014, 1:13 am

Anytime is fine for me, I have no restrictions because I am not in school.

Also, I really like Lauren's idea about making a video about TLK and having people write how special it is to them, and putting that into the video. If that gets decided for one of the activities, I would love to make the video for everyone. :)
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby DGFone » June 2nd, 2014, 1:59 am

I like that idea too, but if we will use Skype, we won't be able to make a video out of it. At best, people will only read what they created. On the other hand, I am looking at Twitch, because I was able to broadcast using that once before, and that does allow video.

EDIT: It does look like I can use Twitch, so if we want video as well, that will be the better option over Skype. Or more likely, I use a combination of the two: Skype for audio, and Twitch for video.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby SimbasMate » June 2nd, 2014, 2:19 am

Why can't we do both? Make a video and just upload it to YouTube and have people read what they wrote, and then your idea.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Lauren » June 2nd, 2014, 2:28 am

That's what I was actually thinking too when I brought up the video dedication idea. Sophie's birthday video was uploaded to YouTube and that was what I was going for with this one as well. You just watch it there.
Lauren

Next

Return to News & Announcements