Favorite Original Cast Soundtrack

What is your favorite musical soundtrack?

The Original Broadway Cast Recording
57%
The South African Live Cast Recording
14%
The Original German Cast Recording
No votes
The Original Dutch Cast Recording
No votes
The Original French Cast Recording
14%
The Mexican Cast Recording
No votes
The Original Japanese Cast Recording
14%
The Original Spanish Cast Recording
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: Favorite Original Cast Soundtrack

Postby nathalie » November 20th, 2013, 11:16 am

I don't think it has much to do with actually understanding the language.
It's just cool to hear the different voices.

Like I think we were used to the original Nala with quite a deep voice as Heather's, but listening to the French Nala, it's quite a high voice.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby HasiraKali » November 21st, 2013, 4:21 am

Yeah, I understand very little of most of them. I can pick out words in the German and French recordings. I guess the one I can understand most of is the Spanish one. It's still nice to hear the different voices.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Meskhenet » November 21st, 2013, 4:55 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]Yeah, I understand very little of most of them. I can pick out words in the German and French recordings. I guess the one I can understand most of is the Spanish one. It's still nice to hear the different voices.[/quote]

I agree! ;)
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby nathalie » November 21st, 2013, 8:55 am

The only foreign versions of the show I can actually understand are the German and French versions.
(and Dutch, obviously)

Too bad other countries didn't make an official recording (Brazil, Korea).
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marizzle » November 21st, 2013, 10:27 pm

I just can't pick an absolute favorite Cast. My main reason is the fact that I don't love all members in a Cast, but usually just love one or two of each.
For example, I absolutely love the Dutch Simba, but French Nala is my favorite, being the French & Japanese Cub Simba on a tie, for me.

I can understand the Spanish one, most of the French one and 40%/50% of the German & Dutch versions.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby cleargreenwater » November 22nd, 2013, 1:13 am

Nathalie, HasiraKali, oh good! Whenever I hear about someone collecting soundtracks in different languages I always assumed they were multi-lingual/fluent. Very relieved to know it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case, I was seriously in awe of you all! I could probably pick a few words out of the German one from high school language classes, but otherwise I'd be s.o.l., lol. I just never had any languages aptitude.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Regulus » November 22nd, 2013, 1:18 am

[quote="cleargreenwater"]Nathalie, HasiraKali, oh good! Whenever I hear about someone collecting soundtracks in different languages I always assumed they were multi-lingual/fluent. Very relieved to know it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case, I was seriously in awe of you all! I could probably pick a few words out of the German one from high school language classes, but otherwise I'd be s.o.l., lol. I just never had any languages aptitude.[/quote]

Phew, I'm not the only one, lol. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby nathalie » November 22nd, 2013, 10:42 am

[quote="cleargreenwater"]Nathalie, HasiraKali, oh good! Whenever I hear about someone collecting soundtracks in different languages I always assumed they were multi-lingual/fluent. Very relieved to know it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case, I was seriously in awe of you all! I could probably pick a few words out of the German one from high school language classes, but otherwise I'd be s.o.l., lol. I just never had any languages aptitude.[/quote]

I actually collect the movie soundtrack (CD's), I have all languages (mp3's), and sure, I don't understand over half of them, haha, but you can still listen to it without understanding it, it's just really cool to hear all the different voices, to hear how much they are different from the original ones and such.

I'm not multi-lingual at all, lol.
I can only speak German because it's in my dialect and I live very close to the border, French because it's what you get in school in Belgium, and English ... well, obvious, lol.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby HasiraKali » November 23rd, 2013, 12:48 am

My first experience with a musical in a language other than English was Tanz der Vampire. Most of the German I know came from that haha.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 27th, 2014, 8:26 pm

The Broadway cast is my favorite.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King