What is your favorite scene in the movie?

What is your favorite scene in the movie?

Postby EdtheHyena » November 16th, 2013, 10:59 pm

What scene do you find the most enjoyable/touching/memorable, and why?

Mine would be either the bit with the hyenas joking around in their lair, or the Zazu singing scene. He, Scar and the hyenas all did their parts really well in it!
Last edited by EdtheHyena on November 17th, 2013, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Re: What is your favorite scene in the movie?

Postby juhouh » November 17th, 2013, 12:02 am

I liked every single scene of it after The Lion Sleeps Tonight

But the most notable scenes were reunion, Can You Feel The Love Tonight, argument, the final battle and the ending
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Buffy » November 17th, 2013, 5:56 am

The "Remember Who You Are" scene has always had an impact on me. It's the moment when Simba begins to find himself again, and just the way it's created is pure magic. The music as Mufasa is speaking is flawless, Simba's reaction to what happened seems realistic and it turns the movie around towards the wonderful ending.

So yes, if I had to pick one scene, it would be that one. But in all honesty, the entire movie is a masterpiece and I wouldn't change a thing. I love every single bit of it, it's wonderful. :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Lauren » November 17th, 2013, 5:22 pm

I have two scenes for me.

- Mufasa's Ghost

I find this to be one of the most famous iconic scenes that always breaks my heart. The fact that Simba isn't going to be with him ever again and speaks to him up in the skies makes me sad but inspired at the same time. The hero gains his courage to fight for what's right and bring their universe back to the way it should be. I find it to be absolutely amazing and when Simba says, "Don't leave me...", it makes me cry everytime. </3

- The Final Battle

I can only describe it in one word: EPIC.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UnderTheStars » November 18th, 2013, 2:09 pm

The death of Mufasa :(
UnderTheStars

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby KingCub » November 20th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Mine would have to be Can You Feel The Love Tonight. There is just a lot of emotion within that one scene, and you can really feel a change with Simba. It is also the first time you can really see Nala after Simba left Pride Rock, and that was huge in the movie!

I Just Cant Wait to be King is a close second!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Kiburi » November 20th, 2013, 11:05 pm

This is exactly what I would've said! :) ^^
Kiburi
A waffle is like

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby Marizzle » November 20th, 2013, 11:41 pm

My favourite scene is definitely the final one. From the moment in which Simba finally ''ascends'' Pride Rock and takes his place as King until the moment the title ''The Lion King'' appears on screen.
The soundtrack, the emotions, it's simply so overwhelming. This part gives me chills every time.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Meskhenet » November 25th, 2013, 3:08 am

I have four favorite scenes: "I Just Can't Wait To Be King", The Stampede, The King Is Dead, and Simba Ascends. :cool: ;)

I Just Can't To Be King is one of the songs that can bring out my childish and mischievous side of my personality. It is one of the songs that actually makes me laugh (besides Hakuna Matata of course). I just can't help but feel slightly sorry for Zazu though. He was just doing his duties and all he gets is trouble by a pair of cubs. :lol: :chuckle:

The stampede is one of the scenes that can get your adrenaline going and make you want to scream at the television screen encouraging Simba to outrun the wildebeests as well as hope that Mufasa survives but you know for sure that he won't. :gasp2: Imagine if you were caught in a middle of a wildebeest stampede started by a slobbering mangy stupid trio of hyenas under the command of a lunatic lion hungry for his older brother's place as king. :ocwap: Gosh that must be amazing to see in 3D. :D

The King Is Dead is one of those memorable tear jerkers that can have the same impact as Bambi's mother being shot by man. In fact, some people may argue that that scene is more "distressing" or "tragic" than Mufasa's death, but for me personally I beg to differ. I have cried at Mufasa's death several times and I am not ashamed to admit. :cry: Scar is such a great uncle wouldn't you agree? :scarcastic: :roll:

Simba's Ascension is so powerful, just seeing him climbing up Pride Rock to take his father's place as king after he defeated his tyrannic uncle with the most awe inspiring score to exhibit that proud and joyous emotion just made it ten times better! :kingofpriderock:

Sorry for this little "rant" I just couldn't help myself. :innocent:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby mamaprince » November 27th, 2013, 4:49 am

When Simba fights scar, and When Kiara is born. :D
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Next

Return to The Lion King