Browser Ponies, TLK edition?

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

Browser Ponies, TLK edition?

Postby moonsugar33 » September 26th, 2016, 11:55 am

(Edit for the curious: Shenanigans didn't work.)
Heya! You may or may not be aware of Browser Ponies, a fork of Desktop Ponies. Basically, cute pixel ponies that wander all over your desktop or blog. Like this! http://panzi.github.io/Browser-Ponies/

And you can find the full-featured download here (.ZIP, 41MB).

The program has pretty good support for using your own sprites, though it's been a while since I've looked into it. My question is- since ponies and lions are both quadrupeds, and there's even a manticore in there, which is a half lion, half scorpion beast- would there be any pixel artists curious/interested in making a Simba or Kion in this fashion? (Walk cycle, run cycle, maybe the "Hakuna Matata" log strut walk, a sleeping mode, a roar maybe. It'd be up to you how much you wanted to do with it.)

Here's a .GIF of the log strut walk I was sadly unable to find the source of, but it's a good reference.

If it adds any incentive, I'd be happy to send off one of my Kion plushies to you if you manage to get a character done!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: Browser Ponies, TLK edition?

Postby Soren » March 27th, 2017, 12:15 am

This sounds really interesting! I would do it, if I knew how, but sadly I don't have hardly any knowledge of how to do this. I'm surprised that I am the first person to post on this topic. I would have thought that it would have created more interest.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Return to Fan Art