Regulus's fan art

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

Re: Regulus's fan art

Postby Noah » December 28th, 2011, 10:36 am

You are a really talented artist. :)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Regulus » January 8th, 2012, 8:01 am

I'm not sure what happened to Kiara's left eye here, I must have been half asleep when I was drawing this one. I also tried messing around adding some filters, to see if I could make it look a bit better.

I think I added a bit too much of a Gaussian blur with this one. XD

I did not follow a screencap like a bible for this one. If I remember correctly, I mainly drew this one with some help from a tutorial somewhere on the internet. I did not do any digital editing besides brightness/contrast.

I don't remember drawing this one, actually. :P

Yet another Simba drawing. It looked better on paper than it does on here.

And here's the digitally remastered version. This took me about 2-3 hours to do. I really need to learn to use the pen tool effectively, but I keep putting it off for another day.

Here's a recent drawing of a cross-eyed Simba.

As any Lion King fan would know, there are no frames from the movie with Simba sleeping in a tree like this. This was my first attempt to draw something without a lot of guidance. The only references I used were for the general shapes of Simba's body (you can still see some of the circles I made). Everything else, especially his facial features, were drawn directly from memory.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Noah » January 8th, 2012, 8:06 am

I loved Simba's chin in that fourth one. All of them look awesome. You did an exceptionally great job on that digitally remastered version.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Regulus » January 12th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Just this recoloring of my old drawing took me a total of 5 hours. And I'm not even that impressed with it. My original pencil drawing looked better anyway.

Y U NO EASIER, PEN TOOL?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby cleargreenwater » January 13th, 2012, 12:03 am

^ I HATE trying to make computer inked and colored pictures out of traditional media drawings, *hate* it. I am really, really impressed that that ONLY took 5 hours and that you totally finished it like you did, I disolve into such a tedious frustrated mess I never even finish them!

That really seriously gets crazy props from me, because that s*** is not easy and I don't know how people make it look like it is.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2012, 12:17 am

It would probably be easier if I had a graphics tablet, or maybe even a digital scanner, but I'm kinda hesitant to spend the money on such equipment without actually testing it out first.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby cleargreenwater » January 13th, 2012, 12:58 am

[quote="Regulus"]It would probably be easier if I had a graphics tablet, or maybe even a digital scanner, but I'm kinda hesitant to spend the money on such equipment without actually testing it out first.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't blame you being hesitant, I picked up a cheapy tablet and it STILL rots inking from a regular drawing :upset3: I don't know if it's a case of "get what you pay for" or if I just fail at Photoshop but jesus.

Doing that without a tablet makes it even more awesome.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2012, 9:59 pm

It just needs some sense of depth. I thought using the burn tool to create shadows would help, but it hasn't. I don't know; I'm going to have to watch some more youtube videos on how to do this stuff. Apparently, just making and outlining the general shapes like that isn't enough.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby FlipMode » January 14th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Wow. These are really good! Deffinitely showing a lot of potential! ^^
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » February 18th, 2012, 4:04 am

Didn't I say I was never going to try this again?

I can't stop myself. :P

At least this one turned out better. I was aiming for this to look more like a painting or a sketch, and I think I've succeeded at that. Without a graphics tablet. XD
Attachments
Simba Digital Painting.png
Regulus
Is differentiable...

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art