Captivity

Re: Captivity

Postby whitewolf17 » February 1st, 2009, 3:10 pm

[quote="Kovu25"]i hate to read i bearly passed my A R goal[/quote]

Oh.

What's A R mean?
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

#1 Sonic fan

Pride Points: 0

Postby whitewolf17 » February 4th, 2009, 2:32 am

Sorry about the delay but I've been really busy the last few days.

Here's chapter six(remember, it's in italics so ya should know what that means).

Chapter six: Two days to die

Two days before the capture

"We've never encountered anything like this before in the entirety of our pack's history. Just yesterday we lost another five-wolf group when they failed to return from their hunting mission, bringing the total number of disappearances to twenty three. Sure, we lose people every now and then but this is like nothing we've ever seen before. We've already lost almost half of our pack in just these past few months and it's only been getting worse. At this rate of loss our entire pack will be gone in approximately four months if we don't do something now." said Alpine.

Alpine was one of the most powerful and respected members of his pack and if he was going to say such drastic things then it would be wise to heed his warnings which had never been wrong before. Since the age of six he had spent most of his time trying to build up a vast web of contacts and intelligence throughout not only his pack but most of the enemy packs as well. Because of his connections he was a keystone member of the Snowy River pack and his main duties were to warn the rest of his pack about any possible dangers so they could be prepared.

After this dire warning from Alpine the entire den was echoing with the voices of wolves in a heated debate. Because his pack was located primarily on the ice; caves were a rarity so dens were made out of the crevices in the ice but they could also be made out of large holes dug with the combined effort of most of the wolves in the pack.

This den was even more special than all the other's in Alpine's territory. It was the hollowed-out remains of a small fissure in the ice and in comparison to the other dens it was quite large and spacious. Because of its size it served not only as the head of the pack's den but as a type of meeting place and town hall where discussions were often held.

The arguing in the den lasted for a full two minutes before the head wolf Pyrix silenced all of the wolves with nothing more than a sharp glare from his eyes.

When he saw all the wolves finally calm down Pyrix opened his mouth and while all the other wolves could hear, he aimed his words at Alpine.

"I know how bad this is but there's not much I can do at the moment. Like you said, we don't have as many people as we had and we're losing more all the time. We only have a few good fighters left and I can't just let them go on a suicide mission and have us be defenseless. " said Pyrix.

Although Alpine knew what Pyrix was going to say, he still felt let-down when the answer came.

"Is there nobody we can send?" asked Alpine. "I'd be willing to go and I heard that Janx is back from his hunting trip. With the two of us and maybe a few other wolves we could try to find out who or what's doing this and maybe even stop it for good. I can get us ready within two days." said Alpine in an unusually hopeful tone.

"Why should I even let you go? Not only do I need somebody who knows what's happening and who can get information but do you even have any reason for going then?" said Pyrix. He wasn't about to let some of his most important pack members go without a good reason.

"Ever since the first disappearances started, I've been recording when they happen and I've found a pattern. It seems that the disappearances happen about twice a week and if we go by the pattern the next ones will be two days from now. That means we have time to prepare for this but we can make sure we find out what's really been going on" said Alpine.

"Okay then. I'll allow this mission but I won't be able to provide any reinforcements if something bad happens. You'll be on your own this time" said Pyrix. He was truly concerned about this mission because he simply could not afford to let anything bad happen to his few remaining pack mates.

"That won't be a problem." said Alpine as he walked out of the den. He soon got all the wolves that were going briefed on the mission before having them and himself go back to their mates and retire for the evening.

The next few days were not going to be very easy for them.

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

whitewolf17

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

#1 Sonic fan

Postby whitewolf17 » February 8th, 2009, 12:15 am

Here's chapter seven:

Chapter seven: One day to uncover the truth

One day before the capture

It had been a whole month since Janx had been at home with his mate Amber which made it even more difficult for Janx to tell her that he was going to leave again in a day.

Janx had just gotten back from his hunting trip last night and he never expected to have to leave again so soon; but he knew that this would be very important and he was not going to argue with Pyrix. While out on his trip Janx hadn't heard of any more disappearances nor did he come back with any information.

He had however come back with something just as important, food. Because of the loss of so many pack mates and because of the place that his pack lived finding food wasn't easy and it was getting harder. Almost all the time when hunting they would find themselves in another pack's territory and they would have no choice but to leave and try another area. But Janx was good at hunting and he never got caught by enemy wolves. It was mostly for this reason that Pyrix didn't want to send Janx, because then it would be near-impossible for his pack to survive.

But Janx had other things to worry about then just keeping his pack alive. His mate Amber was expecting to have pups soon and Janx didn't want them to grow up without a father.

It was when Janx was trying to spend his last day before the mission with Amber that Janx heard Pyrix howl for Janx to come to his den.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." said Janx to Amber as he was walking to the entrance of his den.

"It's okay" said Amber trying to be understanding while also trying to hold back her sadness. "Just promise me that you'll come back allright ."

"I promise." were the last words Janx said to Amber before leaving. He took one last look at her his eyes filled with sadness before leaving for Pyrix's den.

After ten minutes of traveling Janx had arrived at Pyrix's den only to be greeted by the impatient stares of Pyrix, Alpine, and the other wolves who would be going on the mission. But something wasn't right in the den. On the ground there was a faint trail of blood leading to a small raised platform on which there was a the body of a wolf; surrounded in a semi-circle by all the wolves.

"Come here" said Pyrix as he motioned to Janx who quickly walked over and joined the group. "Alpine has something to tell us."

"Yes, and this might just explain what's been going on. Last night one of our patrols found the body of one of our pack mates who went missing a week ago. As you can see it has small puncture marks all over it which look like those a wolf would make. What's even more surprising is that it was found just inside of the Silver Tail Pack's territory" said Alpine.

Pyrix turned his head so that he was staring Alpine straight in the eye. "If what you're saying is true then this calls for war, so are you absolutely sure that nobody else could have done this?" asked Pyrix in the most serious tone that any of the wolves present had ever heard from him.

"It has to be them. All the evidence suggests that they did it and I think that we can catch them in the act tomorrow." said Alpine

"And if you don't return?" asked Pyrix

"Then you'll know it was them" said Alpine.

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Moka » February 8th, 2009, 12:39 am

Whew, just got caught up with it.
This is really amazing I'm totally hooked. Can't wait for the next chapter :D
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Kovu25 » February 8th, 2009, 3:04 am

an a r goal is a set goal to read books acording to whatever the book is like to gain points to pass my grade . oh and the new chapters are awsome
<-Kovu25->
Kovu25

Postby whitewolf17 » February 9th, 2009, 12:34 am

Thanzk Moka and Kovu, it really does mean a lot.

Here's chapter eight:

Chapter eight: Zero hour

Immediately after the meeting had concluded all the wolves that were leaving made sure that they were ready for the mission. They planned to leave early in the morning and head out to a secluded clearing where they would wait until nightfall to see if anything would happen; and, if the opportunity presented itself, kill whatever was causing this.

Seven hours after departing: the hour of the capture

The area that the group had chosen was atop a small hill overlooking a small circular clearing surrounded on all sides by tall trees. Once they had gotten there earlier that day they had chosen for one member to act as a lookout at the top of the hill while the others would hide along the edges of the clearing.

Janx had been selected to be the lookout that day and after hours of not even being able to talk to his pack mates he was getting impatient. Feeling like he could get away without any harm being done he left his post for about two minutes to relieve himself.

On his way back he saw something that he had not seen just moments ago. There was a bright light coming from the direction of the other wolves. "I wonder what that is" said Janx to himself. He paid no attention to it as he approached because it represented no real threat to him; until he got back to the hill and was able to see everything more clearly.

Something bad was happening in the light. Inside of it Janx could hear loud bangs, screaming from humans, and the sounds of his fellow wolves fighting in mortal combat with whoever was in there.

It took only a matter of seconds for Janx to realize that something terrible was happening and without any hesitation he leaped off the hill and straight into the light.

As soon as his eyes had adjusted he could see blood everywhere along with not only several human corpses but also the bodies of his pack mates which had the same puncture marks on them as the one they had examined yesterday night. It was then that Janx had put all the pieces of the puzzle together. He knew he had to leave for his pack immediately before another war would be sparked with the Silver Tail Pack.

And he would have succeeded too had it not been for him failing to notice the human shoot him in the back of the neck with a tranquilizer. In his last few moments of consciousness he stumbled forward and found the body of his best friend Alpine. The next thing he saw was darkness.

"Ugh. Where am I?" said Janx as his eyes slowly opened up to a freezing and lightless room. The events of last night were a blur to him as he tried to recall how he winded up where he was. When he finally got up he heard a slight jingle come from his body only to realize there was a collar on him. The collar was almost completely empty save for a small engraving on the center of it. "Twenty eight? What does that mean?" asked Janx to himself.

Snowy River Pack territory: Pyrix's den

"And at this time we have confirmed the deaths of all the wolves we sent out yesterday except for Janx. We could not find his body but he is believed to be dead along with the others" announced Pyrix to his pack, all of whom were gathered in the den. "Because they were killed and went missing in the Silver Tail Pack's territory yet again we have no choice but to assume this was all their doing. At this time I'm officially declaring war on the Silver Tail Pack." said a both saddened and furious Pyrix to his pack.

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Zeke » February 9th, 2009, 3:00 am

So its all falling together. Keep going, im hooked :D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby whitewolf17 » February 9th, 2009, 4:03 am

[quote="Zeke"]So its all falling together. Keep going, im hooked :D[/quote]

Yes, the purpose of those three chapters was:

1)to explain how the current war started
2)to explain number twenty eight and how he got captured

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Zeke » February 9th, 2009, 4:08 am

And you did it perfectly. Great job :smile3:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby whitewolf17 » February 16th, 2009, 2:06 am

Sorry I haven't updated in some time but I had a huge environmental project I had to finish.

Here's chapter nine(this one is pretty long):

Chapter nine: Nobody's gonna save you

Silver tail pack territory: One week after Star's capture

Ember was getting desperate. She had been looking for anything that could help her find her mate almost non-stop for an entire week. As soon as she had gotten news of his disappearance she began to completely devote herself to organizing searches and getting into arguments with Zirco who had more to worry about than just Star's disappearance.

But to Ember finding Star was the only thing of importance. Still, despite her best efforts she had yet to come up with anything that would help her; and the rest of the wolves were starting to get impatient and believe that this was a lost cause.

At the beginning Ember had at least fifteen other wolves that would help her on her searches but that number had fallen to the point that only four other wolves were willing to look for Star anymore and even they were about ready to give up. This lack of support made it even harder to look for Star and it was only getting harder for Ember.

She was expected to have pups within the week and all this stress and activity were bad both for Ember and her pups. It wasn't even a good idea for her to be out like this but Ember was stubborn and she wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to this.

(a wolf howl)

"Damn, we gotta go already?" said a frustrated Ember who was now just staring at the old-growth forest landscape that was all around her. "Where are you Star?" thought Ember as she took one last mournful glance before leaving to meet up with the rest of the search party who by now was getting ready to head back and report to Zirco.

Thirty minutes later: Zirco's den

"So, it looks like you didn't find anything again" said Zirco as he addressed Ember and her search party.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying. I know we can find him if we have just a little more time" said Ember.

"Well we don't have any more time for this. I know that he's your mate and we all miss him but in case you didn't know we're at war now and we simply can't keep spending all our time on this. We don't even know if he's alive or have any idea of what happened to him. It's just not fair to the other wolves that disappeared, to our pack, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you to endanger yourself and the pups." said Zirco as he walked up to Ember and tried to comfort her. "I know how much he means to you but for now you're going to have to stop worrying about him and start worrying about yourself."

"But I still have to keep looking." pleaded Ember to Zirco. She knew it was getting less and less likely that she would find him but giving up was not an option.

"No you do not!" shouted Zirco who was not going to hear any more excuses. "I'm ordering you to stop going out looking and you're going to rest up because your almost ready to give birth." Zirco then turned toward the rest of the search party who had been standing there in awkward silence while Ember and Zirco were talking.

"I want you to walk Ember back to her den and I want at least one of you there at all times so she doesn't run away. Also, tell the rest of the pack that we're done searching. If Star's still alive then he'll have to get himself back."

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity