My Computer / Build Log

Re: My Computer / Build Log

Postby Moka » January 21st, 2014, 7:24 am

What a machine. Nice build!
Ah, good old Prime95. It has helped me identify a faulty config on my part many a time. :3 You really know your stuffs!

I've never made something quite like this. I only go all-out for computers for myself, and I only get a new computer once every 4 years or so. Just built my second computer with an APU last night (the first was for my aunt, and the second was for my dad's friend, so they don't need to be amazing). I can say I'm quite impressed, though. Thoughts?
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KingCub » January 21st, 2014, 7:36 am

[quote="Moka"]What a machine. Nice build!
Ah, good old Prime95. It has helped me identify a faulty config on my part many a time. :3 You really know your stuffs!

I've never made something quite like this. I only go all-out for computers for myself, and I only get a new computer once every 4 years or so. Just built my second computer with an APU last night (the first was for my aunt, and the second was for my dad's friend, so they don't need to be amazing). I can say I'm quite impressed, though. Thoughts?[/quote]
Thank you!! Yep, been using Prime95 from the get go, and still love it!

Hmm an APU! Can honestly say I have not looked into APU's very much! But please, and picture you have I would love to see them!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Regulus » January 21st, 2014, 1:03 pm

My laptop has an APU. It's not the best, but it's pretty solid for what it is.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby juhouh » January 21st, 2014, 1:08 pm

Nice, what a beautiful motherboard. Seems like just those parts have more and more design nowadays. I've built myself like 100 computers but never one for myself since I have no money lol
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby KingCub » January 21st, 2014, 7:20 pm

[quote="juhouh"]Nice, what a beautiful motherboard. Seems like just those parts have more and more design nowadays. I've built myself like 100 computers but never one for myself since I have no money lol[/quote]
Haha thats true!! I still have a really old computer in my basement, and all the part look so gross on it. Glad everybody decided to move away from the ugly blue and green motherboard plates!
Other Things~

KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » January 21st, 2014, 8:18 pm

Hey! Don't talk smack about my blue motherboard. She may not be as edgy as yours, but she's got it where it counts.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » January 22nd, 2014, 12:08 am

[quote="Regulus"]Hey! Don't talk smack about my blue motherboard. She may not be as edgy as yours, but she's got it where it counts.[/quote]

Lol, I would say that about any computer component, even if it doesn't have flashy LED lights on it. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby KingCub » January 22nd, 2014, 12:52 am

[quote="Regulus"]Hey! Don't talk smack about my blue motherboard. She may not be as edgy as yours, but she's got it where it counts.[/quote]
Hahaha and thats all that matter!!
Other Things~

KingCub

Postby juhouh » January 22nd, 2014, 1:54 pm

Even those RAM sticks looks so "1337", only hard drives are normal :D
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby DGFone » January 22nd, 2014, 10:43 pm

^... Unless you use solid state drives, in which case even the old hard disk drive is very old school, and your new SSD is '1337' :P

But the windows update is what catches my eye the most. Good thing Linux can update itself while you are logged in and using the OS.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity