Ou's Story Thing

Re: Ou's Story Thing

Postby OuRaion » June 28th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Sorry if it looks like I abandoned this. I actually haven't, I've just been writing chapters and stockpiling them, so that I don't have to worry about stuff.
And I've been busy lately. Sometime in the next week I promise I will have chapter 7 up!
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Kal » June 28th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Good!
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby OuRaion » June 28th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Glad you haven't lost faith in me =D
OuRaion

Postby Kal » June 28th, 2013, 9:55 pm

It's like waiting for a Roku drawing!
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
Kal
tjúúúú

Postby OuRaion » June 28th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Lol.
OuRaion

Postby DreamEater » June 30th, 2013, 9:53 am

[quote="Kal"]It's like waiting for a Roku drawing![/quote]

Hey, I'm right here, you know?

I'll catch up on your story one of these days, so keep it up! ^^
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby OuRaion » July 7th, 2013, 2:25 am

Merry Christmas
Chapter 7: show
“Alright Josh! Get up! Time for your first mission!”

I groaned. I had been up all night, too excited to sleep as my first mission was coming up.

‘What did I tell you Josh?’
‘Hm?’
‘I told you that I could make you sleep with some of my Almighty Dragon Powers™.”
‘Wait, how’d you get the ™ in there?’
‘With my Almighty Dragon Powers™!’
‘Could you please stop that?’
‘Hmmm… Let me think about that…’
‘Aw, come on Ez!
‘Fine.’

“Josh!”
“Yeah, I’m coming mum!”

I sat up and yawned, I was really tired. I got changed, and headed out to the kitchen area, where Jonas was making his famous eggs.

“Hey Josh! It’s your first mission, so I thought I’d make some eggs for ya.”
“Thanks Jonas.”

I sat down at the table, and while waiting for the eggs, Ezekiel and I had a chat with each other.

‘Excited Josh?’
‘You know I am.’
‘Can’t we have a nice pre-first-mission chat?’
‘Yeah, we can.’
‘What’s up with you? You don’t seem like yourself.’
‘I’m just, excited and worried. Excited because it’s our first mission, and worried because it could also be my last.’
‘Come on Josh! Don’t talk like that! You’ve been training for ages, and if you really are in big trouble, I’m here for you.’
‘But what if-‘
‘No buts! You are going to escape unharmed!’
‘But-‘
‘What did I say about buts!’
‘Alright then, I believe you Ez.’
‘Good. Oh look, breakfast is coming!’

What Jonas put in front of me on the table was amazing. There were eggs, and bacon, a bit of buttered toast, a couple sausages, a few hash browns.

“Jonas, how am I supposed to eat all that?”
“Trust me, you will.”

Jonas walked over to Ezekiel, and dumped half a calf in front of him.

“There ya go Ez!”

‘Wow! I’ve never had this much to eat in one sitting before!’
'Me either Ez.’

“Enjoy you two!”
“Thanks again Jonas.”

I looked down at my food.
I stared at it.
I didn’t believe my eyes.
Then I started to eat.
10 minutes later, I had cleaned off my plate. That breakfast was the most amazing thing I had ever eaten. Ez had told me the same thing.

“Alright then. Josh, Ez, come with me and we’ll get you suited up.”

My dad had walked into the room and called out to us.
Ezekiel and I stood up, and followed my dad down the hallway labelled ‘Armoury’. When we reached the end of the hallway, there was a heavily armoured door that led to the armoury. My dad put in the password, scanned his thumb, scanned his eye and then spoke for the voice recognition. The door unlocked.

“Hey dad, why do we need this much security for the armoury?”
“We have experimental stuff in here that can’t afford to be stolen.
“Experimental stuff?”
“You’ll see.”

We walked into the armoury, and the first thing I saw was something that looked strangely like a Portal gun.

“Is that a-?”
“Yes.”

Then I saw something that looked strangely like a Gravity gun.

“And is that a-?”
“Yes.”
“How did you get-?”
“I can’t say.”
“Fair enough.”

We walked through countless desks, eventually coming to a wall with numerous things hanging on it.

“Josh, see that raised circle platform?”
“Yeah.”
“Go stand on it.”

I stood on the platform, and my dad called out.

“Ready?”
“For what?”

He didn’t respond, he just pulled a switch and some other things happened, I don’t really know.. What happened is still unclear to me, I could not remember a thing, but the next thing I knew, I was in some type of black and gold armour.
The machine stopped and my dad asked me a question.

“What do you think? We had it made as soon as you came here for the first time.”
“Uhh….”

’Uhh… Josh?’

“Well?”
“Won’t this like, restrict my movements, my fighting skills, you know, stuff like that.”
“No, it’s been designed to do just the opposite.”
“But if I’m ready, why do I need this… Whatever it is?”
“It’s just in case.”
“Explain.”
“First of all, it’s called the Combat Armour Thing, or CAT for short.”
“CAT? Was that on purpose?”
“Yes.”
“What the-“
“Don’t ask. So, it’s designed to not restrict any of your movements. The colouring is so that you can blend into the shadows if need be. There are places for everything, I assume you’ve already figured out that.”

There were pockets everywhere.

“It is also very good at protecting against stabbing and gun shots. If you get wounded it is able to heal you. It also has a lot of other features, I’ll go over that later.”
“What’s it made of?”
“Hm? Oh, it’s made of an element that is very hard to find. We call it Catnium.”

‘Of course.’

“It is very rare, so try not to damage the suit.”
“Okay. But wait, what about Ez? Does he need a-“
“He’s a dragon! Of course he doesn’t.”
“Makes sense.”
“Now Josh, follow me and we’ll get you all geared up.”

My dad beckoned me over to the wall with various things hanging on it.

“Hmm, let’s see. You’ll need this, this, this and, where is it? Ah yes!”

My dad grabbed a bunch of things and set them down on a table.

“Here we are. First thing, a wrist-mounted crossbow.”
“Wow.”

‘Yeah Josh, that is pretty amazing.’

“I assume you know how to use it, you’ve used similar things, right?”
“Yeah, I have.”
“Great, slip it on.”

I picked it up and slipped my hand into it. It was a perfect fit, I had no need to adjust anything.

“Okay, second thing. Two stun guns.”
“Okay.”
“Just stick them in the holsters there.”

I picked up the stun guns and put them in the holster on both sides.

“This, is an iDerp MKII. It can now disable security cameras, pick locks and do numerous other things that you will figure out.”
“Okay then Josh, let’s get you to that mission!”

‘Whoopee.’
‘You sound excited Josh.’
‘I am.’

“[censored]!”
‘[censored]?’
“Yes, [censored]!”
‘What did you do this time?’
“Well I… Hey! What do you mean ‘this time’?”
‘Heheh, you know what I mean.’

I let off a couple of mumbled angry words at Ezekiel.

“I seem to have tripped off an alarm.”
‘How do you know?’
“Because I can hear it.”
‘Really? I can’t hear anything.’
“Strange… Well, we’d best fulfill our objective before we get caught.”
‘Seems like a good idea.’

I had just sent an alarm off in one of the Noistarê’s bases.
Our mission was simple, gather some information from the computers, and then set the self-destruct up.
We were five minutes into the mission when I set off the alarm. Yeah, I was just that good back then.

“Hey, Ezekiel, there’s an air vent here labelled ‘Computer Room’. Where do you think it leads?”
‘I dunno, the computer room maybe?’
“How did you figure that out?”

If Ezekiel could have, he would have face-palmed at that moment.

“Well would you look at that, you won’t fit Ez. Must be all that food you’ve been eating lately.”
‘Hey!’
“What? All I said is you’ve been eating more lately.”
‘Hmph.’
“I’ll get through here and do what I can, you wait here and I’ll be back as soon as I’m done, six minutes at the most.”
‘Are you sure you’ll be fine?’
“Why wouldn’t I be?”
‘Well, you just sent off an alarm and-‘
“Yeah, yeah, I get what you’re trying to say. I’ll be back.”

I crawled into the vent. The metal was cold and hard. Maybe because it was metal. There were lots of side paths, branching off into other rooms, but I just kept going straight ahead, ignoring the side paths.
Eventually, I came to a dead end. I panicked, then looked down and saw that there was an opening into a room full of computers.
I dropped down into the computer room, and prepared to defend myself. There was no one in the room but me. That was strange, but I shrugged off the thought.

“Alright, let’s see here.”

I looked around the room.
There was one computer, connected to about 6 monitors. I found the computer tower, and was taken aback. It looked like something from 1998. I plugged in the Western Digital Elements™ Portable Hard Drive and the computer detected it after about 1 minutes.

I didn’t know what exactly to copy over, so I copy/pasted the contents of the computer’s hard drive onto the portable one.
After 3 hours, it finished, and I unplugged the Western Digital Elements™ Portable Hard Drive and hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the really old computer. I heard a really loud noise.

“SELF DESTRUCT INITIATED”
“Well that was easy.”

I jumped back into the vent, and made my way back to Ezekiel.

‘Josh! Are you hurt?’

“Nah, I’m fine. The twenty people that attacked me with rocket launchers had nothing on me.”
‘I’m finding it hard to believe you right now…’
“Good. Let’s get out of here!”

I ran out the way we came in, with Ezekiel close behind, and just as we were about to burst out the door, we were blocked by twenty of the Noistarê with rocket launchers.
Oh the irony.

“Ezekiel! Can you take on ten of them for me?”
‘Of course.’
“Alright then, let’s get this over with.”
“ONE MINUTE TO SELF-DESTRUCT”
“[censored].”

The Noistarê attacked and I’ll say it now, rocket launchers are hard to fight against.
I took out a couple in a few seconds with the wrist mounted crossbow, and then it jammed and I couldn’t get any more bolts in it.
I took out the dual stun guns and took out another two Noistarê. Only six to go.

Using a special function of the suit, I disabled three of The Noistarê’s rocket launchers, leaving them confused for a moment.
While they were confused, I took out the remaining Noistarê soldier with the only working rocket launcher with a blow to the head.
Before I could take out the last three Noistarê, Ezekiel stepped on them. Accidentally.

“Ez!”
‘What? Oh, oops.’
“Oops!?”
‘Guess I wasn’t looking where I was going.’
“You can say that again. Come on!”

We burst out of the base, and I got on Ezekiel and he flew off, just in time too. I watched in awe as the base underneath blew up.

‘So Ez, we did it.’
‘Yeah…’
‘What’s wrong?’
‘Nothing, I’m just amazed that we did it.’
‘Me too.’

Yes, I got paid to advertise the hard drive.
OuRaion

Postby DreamEater » July 9th, 2013, 9:20 am

Hmm, interesting. We're finally getting a little epic and the story is realy moving now. Keep it up, it's looking great! ^^
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kal » July 10th, 2013, 12:06 am

I want some Jonas EGGS!

I want a CAT!

I don't want a WDETMPHD though.

I enjoyed the first mission Ou! Very well written and humorous and intriguing and flowing... niiiice. It's been a while, but worth the wait! I would assume you will be working on the next installment pretty soon, to avoid a stern reprimand from me? ;)
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
Kal
tjúúúú

Postby OuRaion » July 10th, 2013, 12:11 am

If you really want to know, I'll be doing TSE chapter 3, and then OST chapter 8.

You know what OST and TSE are, right?
OuRaion

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity