Ou's Story Thing

Re: Ou's Story Thing

Postby Dark Huntress » June 2nd, 2013, 7:20 am

Ah! Never seen it spelled that way ^^ mon mistake!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby OuRaion » June 2nd, 2013, 7:34 am

Chapter 2!

Chapter 2: show
Answers? Please? Anyone?

“HOLY! Can you watch where you’re driving? You almost killed us!”

“SHHH!”

“But won’t you…”

“SHHH!”

“Why do you keep…”

"Shut up! They could have bugged the car! Do you want to get caught?

“Caught by what?”

“Nevermind. There was a tracking device in it, but luckily John found it before we came to get you."

"John?"

"I'll tell you when we get there Josh, just be quiet!"

My head was still so full of questions, but after the warning my mum had given me, I controlled my, let’s call them 'outbursts' until we arrived.
Along the car trip the dragon was sleeping in my lap, still as warm as ever.

‘Geez, does this thing do anything but sleep?’

The car trip took about five minutes.

When we stopped we were at the local Bush Fire Brigade storage shed, where they kept the fire trucks and equipment.

"What are we...?"

"SHUT UP! Not until we get in!"

My dad pressed a button on the dashboard of the car, which opened the shed door. Once it was fully open, my dad drove in, and then pressed the button again to close the garage door.

A man approached us from behind a little room off the side.

"Hey John, do you think you could squish a bug over here? You know how scared I am of bugs."

'What the? My dad wasn't scared of bugs!'

"Sure Steve."

My mum, dad and myself hopped out of the car, my mum holding my bag and myself holding the dragon, which had started to stir.

We went into the little room off to the side, and sat down for about five seconds before John called to us from the car.

"Got it! They cleverly disguised it, the bastards. This one was harder to find than the last one."

My dad turned to me.

"Josh, this is John; he's our guy in regards to the armoury, weapons, vehicles, debugging equipment if you know what I mean."

"Nice to meet you Josh."

John held out his hand to me and I awkwardly shook it, because I had to hold the dragon with one hand instead of two.

"C'mon Josh, we'll show you around your new home."

"New home mum? It's a shed, what's there to show?"

"You'll be surprised. Just follow me."

My mum walked over to the corner of the little room to the side, and stood in front of a microwave.

She opened it and stuck her hand inside.

My immediate thought was 'Oh a secret entrance. Ha! No such thing, or is there?' So I asked my mum.

"Is there like a secret switch or something in there that leads to an underground base or something?"

"Precisely."

‘Huh, so they do exist.’

"Got it!"

My mum pressed a little button thing and the moved left from where it was, allowing an elevator looking thing to pop up from the floor.

"John, Steve, you two to down and get ready, I'll show Josh how to access this place."

My dad and John hopped into the elevator thing and went down. As soon as they were below floor level, the fridge slid back into place.

"Okay Josh, inside the microwave is a little switch, just under the far edge of the plate here. Can you reach it?"

I stuck one of my hands in the microwave, using the other hand to hold the dragon.

After a few seconds of searching, I found the button.

"Got it."

"Good, now press it."

So I pressed the button and the fridge once again moved left and the elevator thing came up.

"That's good Josh, if you're ever in trouble, just come here. The elevator is special; it will only allow those who we tell it to allow down into the base, anyone else who tries gets knocked out. Then
one of our organisation will come along and bring him back home, wiping his memory in the process. The unauthorised person wakes up with no pain whatsoever. Not even a headache."

I was confused.

"Why go to all this trouble just to keep anyone from finding out? Why not just kill them?"

"Because we try not to kill unless it is necessary, it's not right to kill innocent people to keep a secret."

"Makes sense."

"Of course it does. Now get in the elevator, we'll answer all your questions down in the base."

I got in the elevator thing without further question, followed by my mum. As soon as we were both in, the doors closed and we started to go down.

As soon as we were below the floor level, the fridge once again returned to where it was before, and we were plunged into darkness for about three seconds before the lights turned on.

The elevator went for about 10 seconds before we reached the bottom.

"Okay Josh, get out."

I did as told, and got out of the elevator.

As soon as my mum was also out, the elevator doors closed.

"Okay, follow me."

We walked down a short hallway, and arrived in a quite large room with various other hallways branching off in all directions, with signs above the exits. 'Kitchen, Bedrooms, Pool, Gym, Bathroom, Armoury' and a lot more.

In the middle of this room there was a table.

That was all that was in that room, a fairly large table surrounded by ten chairs.

My dad, John and a couple of other strangers were sitting around the table, a male and a female.

"Sit down Josh."

My dad pulled out a chair next to him for me to sit in, so I sat down.

"Josh, you've already met John, these other two people are Jonas and Madison."

"So you're Josh?"

The male, presumably Jonas, stood up and walked over.

"Great to meet ya. You already look like you'll be great."

He held out his hand, and I shook it.

"So Josh I take care of everything technology related, computers, planning and I'm a pretty good cook if I do say so myself."

Jonas sat back down and the woman talked.

"Hello Josh, I'm Madison, but you can call me Maddie. I take care of cleaning. And cooking when Jonas here doesn't feel like it, which is 99% of the time."

"Hey!"

"Oh shut up Jonas, I'm not done yet. So Josh, I guess you could call me the maid. But don't. Really, don't."

"Okay Josh."

My dad started talking.

"Now that you've met everyone it's time for some answers."

‘Finally.’

"So, first things first, do you have any idea what that thing you found last night is?"

I thought for a moment. The scales, the wings, the unusual appetite for meat, it could only be one thing.

"Well, is it a..."

Before I could say 'dragon' an alarm started going off.

"Oh no, they've found us."

That was John speaking to my dad. Then my dad turned to me.

"Josh, quickly, follow me."

I stood up after my dad and followed him as he ran down a hallway marked 'Emergency Room'.

"Okay Josh, put the thing in this platform here."

When I did out the dragon on the platform, my dad pressed a couple of buttons and a very soft buzzing noise started to fill the air.

"Whatever you do, do not touch anywhere near the platform, we'd rather not have fried Josh for dinner."

‘Fried Josh? Ugh, trust my dad to make one of his terrible jokes in a situation like this.’

"Now run back up above ground, go help the rest of us ward off the intruders. And don't worry about not having a weapon or being hurt, you'll be fine. Just trust your instincts. I've got to stand guard here. Hurry!"

I ran off back down the hallway, down to the big room with a table and up the elevator thing. As soon as I was up top, I saw something I'd only seen in movies.

People in armour, some with guns, some with knives, some with nothing but their hands. There were about twenty of them all up, and five of us. That's four people each.

"Josh, quick, attack someone!"

Madison yelled at me, and then ducked as someone went to punch her in the face, grabbing their legs and breaking their ankle before knocking them out, all in the space of two seconds.

‘Oh damn! What do I do? Dad told me to trust my instincts but...’

I couldn't think anymore as some giant of a man lunged at me with a knife.

I didn't know what I was doing, but I had dodged out of the way and flipped them over onto their back before knocking him out.

‘How the? What the? How did I do that? I guess dad was right, but how did I learn to do that? I was a yellow belt with three stripes in Taekwondo, what I did was way beyond what I had been taught.’

Then I heard a bang and a whizzing sound, and without thinking again, turned around and caught something in mid-air.

It was a bullet! A freaking bullet! I caught a bullet in mid-flight. How the hell does someone do that without forty years of training?

Still not thinking, I ran up to the guy who shot at me and grabbed the barrel of his gun, pushing it back towards him causing the butt to ram under his chin, knocking him out too and sending blood rushing out of his mouth.

‘Wow. I have crazy skills.’

Two more men attacked me, they both had knives, well, knives is a bit of an understatement, I'd call them machetes, but anyway. They attacked me, one from in front, and one from behind. The one in frontal was distracting me, so the one behind could stab me through the back. Just as the one behind me went to stab me, I felt a strange feeling that just told me to duck, so I did, and the guy behind me stabbed his partner in front of me, right in the heart.

The guy in front slid off the machete and fell to the ground, the guy behind me being in shock, seeing himself killing a companion of his. Using this shock to my advantage, I gave him a good whack over the head, knocking the final man out.

As soon as the last man hit the floor, a wave of immense exhaustion flossed though my body.

"Josh!"

My mum ran over to me.

"Josh, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"No, no. I'm fine. I'm really tired."

I yawned.

"Yes, that does happen without training. It's okay, your father will train you up, you won't feel as tired after some good old training. But for now, you sleep."

"But... answers..."

I had started to sway side to side.

"No, not until you've rested up. Come back down, I presume your father locked it up?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay then, we'll get it back and you can go sleep."

My mum led me back down into the base, back through to the Emergency Room where I grabbed the dragon again, after my dad deactivated it of course.

Then I was led to my bedroom, and laid down in bed, still holding the dragon.

I was asleep within five seconds.

Any spelling mistakes this time? ;)
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Dark Huntress » June 2nd, 2013, 7:42 am

Everything looks really great. One thing: do you teach you to put commas...well, here's examples:

E.g.:No, Mom! (Random)
E.g.:Please, Dad, I don't want to! (Also random)

Oh, and here: 'What the? My dad wasn't scared of bugs!'
I believe it should be: "What the-" That way it indicates it cut off ;)

Other than that the spelling was great and punctuation pretty good ;)
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby OuRaion » June 2nd, 2013, 7:44 am

I meant it as a joke...
OuRaion

Postby Dark Huntress » June 2nd, 2013, 7:49 am

Oh. Well. Sorry about that ;)
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby OuRaion » June 2nd, 2013, 7:52 am

I'll try to edit it 100% perfect next time...
OuRaion

Postby Dark Huntress » June 2nd, 2013, 7:54 am

Don't bother ;) if it's perfect it won't be! Lol.
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Kal » June 2nd, 2013, 10:34 pm

Cool Ou. If only I could fight like Josh. And have a dragon. D:
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby DreamEater » June 2nd, 2013, 10:39 pm

Heh heh, I thought of that 'catch the bullet' thing a little while back for one of my stories. X3

It'd make for a really interesting book or movie, as I said before. Keep it up, I wanna see more!
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby OuRaion » June 2nd, 2013, 10:50 pm

FACT: Irl, my name is Josh ;)

Thanks guys ^^
OuRaion

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity