Carl's Art

Re: KD's Art Corner

Postby Carl » March 25th, 2016, 5:32 am

A random sketch I did today. I plan to finish it later, but my hands are way too shaky today for Photoshop. I know the neck is wonky and too skinny, but oh well.

20160324_233002-1.jpg
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Carl » April 12th, 2016, 7:39 am

Here's my newest drawing.
applejack.png
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » April 14th, 2016, 10:56 am

I wanted to Nightmare Moon.
nightmare moon 1.2.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shadowfax » April 14th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Wow Julius, your horse anatomy is amazing! Good work.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Carl » April 14th, 2016, 9:06 pm

Thanks. Horses are a bit of a challenge for me, but I have improved greatly. They're fun to draw. :3
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » April 24th, 2016, 7:28 am

downtrod dystopia 2.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » May 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » May 8th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Here's some concept art I've been working on for my novel. I doubt my Patreon thing will take off (at least not any time soon), so I'll just share some stuff here with you guys.

Max: show
Max Walker is the story's protagonist. He's the teenaged son of a legendary hero/villain, Lightning Fox. She's hailed as a hero and people expect him to be like her. She was genetically engineered in her youth, and so he received altered DNA that leaves him anthropomorphic. In the very early part of the story, he is like most teens, but soon starts realizing that he isn't like other people, and it's not just the Normies (unmodified people) whom he's drastically different from, but the other Mods* as well. This leads him to going more and more frequently over the wall (a divide that separates the two halves of Pleasant City). There he finds trouble, and trouble that follows him back across the wall, at that. Things get pretty depressing for poor Max (though I don't want to go into much detail), and he ends up finding himself somewhat shunned and filled with self-loathing. Through all of this, he is in the middle of the civil war that's dividing Pleasant City and is trying to live up to his mother's expectations and be a son she could be proud of. Obviously, as I'm still in the early stages of his development, some of this stuff is subject to change.

*This term is a placeholder.
Max Walker Concept.png

Max concept2.png

20160508_140215.jpg

Dennis: show
Dennis is a Normie, and is Max's best friend. He's a bit of a Samwise Gamgee type of character who does his best to help as his closest friend struggles immensely with life and the things that are expected of him. Dennis is a bit fearful and submissive in nature, doing his best to avoid getting into the middle of things, but that doesn't mean he can't be brave when those he cares about need him. He's very accepting and encouraging, and is the type of guy who'd just sit there with you, without making you talk, for hours if you're feeling down.
20160508_140201.jpg
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » May 11th, 2016, 6:49 am

Still trying out new stuff. Not sure what I think of it, but I'm done working on it, so enjoy?
gomamon.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » May 11th, 2016, 2:53 pm

I love your art! 8D
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity