Lesson From An Uncle

Lesson From An Uncle

Postby KingKovu44 » June 13th, 2012, 11:04 pm

This is a story from my AU Balto continuation. No flames or mean comments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson From An Uncle

The wolf-like pup Aleu, daughter of Balto and Jenna, paced about the shed in sheer anger and frustration. All of her brothers and sisters had been adopted, but not her. This made her angry and she burned with jealousy. She shouted to express her anger. Just then, the door slid open, revealing two familiar dogs: one was her mother's sable-coated sister Ice, while the other was Steele, the former bully of her father who had now redeemed after many months and the mate of her aunt. Ice looked at the pup.

"Aleu, honey, are you ok?" she asked.

"No. I hate them!" she shouted.

Steele's eyes went wide and we lowered his head to Aleu's level.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

Aleu nodded.

"I hate that they got adopted and I didn't. Am I less cute than them or something?!" she said.

Steele never broke eye contact with her.

"You know, I once felt hate for your father because of his heritage, but believe me when I say that you don't want to feed that feeling," he said.

Aleu looked at her uncle in confusion.

"What do you mean, Uncle Steele?" she asked.

Steele laid down so that he was eye-to-eye with his niece.

"I mean that you shouldn't hate your brothers and sisters. The feeling will only condemn you in the future. Remember my story, Aleu. I was once the most popular dog in Nome. I had everything. However, my hatred of your father destroyed me in the end. In the wake of this, I became an outcast. I don't want that to happen to you," he said, reaching out his paw and holding Aleu close.

In that moment, Aleu somewhat began to understand.

"Ok, Uncle Steele, I don't hate my brothers and sisters anymore," she said, pulling free and leaping up to tug at Steele's ear.

Steele just sat there allowing his niece to play. He smiled.

"Remember, Aleu, I tell you this because I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did," he said.

"I understand, Uncle Steele," Aleu said, the sound muffled.

There was a brief chuckle from Ice as she stepped in.

"All right, let's get you back to your parents," she said as she gently pulled Aleu off Steele's back.

Aleu eagerly followed her aunt and uncle towards the house, excited to tell Balto and Jenna what her uncle had taught her.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Return to Off-Topic Creativity