Anthro Dinotopia

Anthro Dinotopia

Postby KingKovu44 » May 17th, 2012, 2:33 am

No flames or mean comments please
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthro Dinotopia

Prologue

Dinotopia was a land apart from time. It was not only an island where many anthropomorphic animals lived in great numbers, but also a land where dinosaurs still existed and lived alongside the anthros in their great society. The dinosaurs served as riding and draft animals.

The island was ruled by two pandas, the mighty male Shih-Huang and his beloved wife and queen, Zhao Ying. Together, they were beloved by their subjects and had produced a son named Po. Po was eager to rule one day, and spent much time with his fiancée, a lovely noble girl named Tigress, who was the daughter of Dinotopia's greatest noble family. Together, the young lovers spent time with their friends: Song the Clouded leopard, Shang the panther, Ming-Jin and Xiu-Fen the foxes, Tai Shan the rabbit and Viper the Green tree viper.

For a long time, the island had been at peace. However, things were about to change, as an old enemy, the powerful and ruthless Snow leopard Tai Lung, formerly a servant of the royal family but banished for his betrayal, has now returned seeking vengeance.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Re: Anthro Dinotopia

Postby KingKovu44 » May 17th, 2012, 2:34 am

Chapter 1

In the royal palace in Dinotopia's capital of Sauropolis, a great banquet, full of great food, like fish, shellfish, fruit, vegetables and more, was being thrown by King Shih-Huang and Queen Zhao Ying in honor of their son Po's engagement to his love, the lovely feline called Tigress, daughter of the two greatest nobles of Dinotopia, the tigers Jian and Xiu. The two had grown up together as friends, started to develop crushes on each other when Po was thirteen and Tigress was twelve, and, finally, became romantically involved when he was eighteen and she was seventeen. Now, everyone was overjoyed. Shih-Huang raised his glass as he looked at his son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

"Congratulations to Po and Tigress as they enter into the sacred Dinotopian institution of comspiritik!" he declared.

Po and Tigress, sitting at the place of honor at the table, smiled proudly. They knew what the king meant. Comspiritik was a Dinotopian word used frequently to refer to marriage and literally meant either "breathing together" or "of one spirit". Both phrases described what they intended to be in their coming marriage. Everyone around them cheered, including their closest friends: Song the Clouded leopard, her boyfriend Shang the panther, Xiu-Fen the vixen and her boyfriend and fellow fox Ming-Jin, Tai Shan the rabbit and Viper the Green tree viper. Each of them looked at Po and Tigress from their nearby seats as they ate. Song was the first to speak.

"Congratulations, you two. I wish you the best," she said.

Xiu-Fen and Ming-Jin nodded.

"We're very happy for you. It seems like only yesterday that you two were cubs pretending to be the island's rulers," Ming-Jin said.

Xiu-Fen nodded.

"And I can still remember Po declaring that he just couldn't wait to be king," she added as several large Pachycephalosaurus who served as waiters came to refill their drinks.

Po looked down embarrassed. The feast continued. Finally, Shih-Huang decided to make an announcement to Po and Tigress. He went over to them.

"There is one other thing that I forgot to mention earlier," he said.

"What is it, your majesty?" Tigress asked.

Shih-Huang smiled.

"In two days' time, the both of you will be journeying to Waterfall City to learn leadership skills from my old friend Shifu at the library that he runs up there," he said.

Po and Tigress nodded. At the same time, the parents of Song, Shang, Xiu-Fen, Ming-Jin, Viper and Tai Shan went to them to tell them what would happen to them: Song and Shang would go into the Great Desert, to the village of Pteros, which was situated in a great river canyon, to learn to ride the massive flying reptiles called Skybaxes. Xiu-Fen and Ming-Jin would go to become habitat partners, which were anthros who teamed with dinosaurs, or a prehistoric mammal in the case of the habitat partner representing the alpine regions, to protect a specific region of the island. As for Viper and Tai Shan, they would remain in Sauropolis, working in the hatchery. The meal went on and finally wound down. That night, the king and queen, as they were headed for bed after the banquet, were found by their court seer, a tortoise named Oogway.

"Your majesties, I have something to tell you," he said to the two pandas.

"What is it, Oogway?" Zhao Ying asked.

Oogway looked at her.

"I have seen a vision. Tai Lung and Su Wu will return," the tortoise said.

Shih-Huang and Zhao Ying gasped, as they knew who he was talking about. Tai Lung and Su Wu were a married pair of Snow leopards that served the royal family and were thought to be loyal. However, that all changed when they attempted to assassinate the king and queen in their bedroom around the time that Po was in his late teens. However, they failed and were banished to the region of Dinotopia called the Rainy Basin, which was the home of large, powerful predatory dinosaurs like Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Allosaurus. No one could have imagined that two Snow leopards had survived this punishment, but they had, and with their survival came great danger. Shih-Huang began to give orders to everyone regarding safety. Meanwhile, in their little camp in the Rainy Basin, Tai Lung and Su Wu came together. Tai Lung held Su close, looking into her eyes, one of which was blue and the other gold.

"Be prepared, love. Our shining new era is tiptoeing nearer," he said.

Su smiled wickedly.

"The sound of Shih-Huang's dying gasp, his son screaming in my grasp, his queen's mournful cry, that's my lullaby," she added.

The two spotted fiends laughed together, the sound muffled outside of their tent by the distant roars of the large predators they shared the area with.

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Re: Anthro Dinotopia

Postby KingKovu44 » May 17th, 2012, 2:34 am

Chapter 2

Two days had passed since the banquet. Now, the day that Po and Tigress would be leaving for Waterfall City to continue their education in the arts of leadership. To transport them, a royal carriage, pulled by a massive, three-horned Triceratops, had been brought out. Everyone had gathered around to wish them farewell. Zhao Ying was the first. She was full of a mix of pride and sadness. She held Po's face.

"Goodbye, my son. Breath deep, seek peace," she said, using the typical Dinotopian farewell.

Po smiled.

"Breathe deep, seek peace," he repeated.

Shih-Huang also came to give his goodbyes. Jian and Xiu also gave loving and tearful goodbyes to their daughter Tigress. After that, Song came up to Tigress.

"Goodbye, Tigress. Remember, breath deep, seek peace," she said.

Tigress nodded.

"I will," she said.

She then smiled at Song.

"I hope you and Shang's training goes well. Hopefully, one day, we'll be able to see you two as Skybax riders," she said.

Song returned the smile.

"And I can't wait to see you marry Po. I'm very happy for the two of you," she said.

Po and Tigress gave their thanks. Just then, it was time to leave. Po and Tigress gave one last goodbye and then got into the carriage. The carriage, guarded by several guards, some mounted on ostrich-like Gallimimus and others mounted on other types of large horned dinosaurs, took off. Everyone watched sadly until it was out of sight. Then, Po and Tigress' friends returned to the palace to prepare for their own departures, which would occur the next day. Inside the carriage, Po looked at Tigress.

"Well, my gorgeous kitten, we're on our way. How totally awesome is this?!" he said.

Tigress smiled.

"Yes. We're going to see Waterfall City. When we were growing up, my parents told me about it, but I never thought that I would actually see it," she said.

Po nodded smiled. He noted that they were sitting across from each other. He then moved next to her, wrapping her in his warm, strong embrace.

"I love you, Tigress. I always will," he said.

Before Tigress could respond, however, Po pulled her into a deep, loving kiss, one which both completely enjoyed. Meanwhile, in the Rainy Basin, Tai Lung and Su Wu had decided on how they were going to start off their plan.

"It's foolproof, love. All we have to do is remove the sunstones, thus disrupting all of Dinotopia and removing the protection that keeps the predators here in the Rainy Basin and those fearsome pteranodons in the lower part of Canyon City," Su Wu said.

Tai Lung knew what she was getting at. The sunstones were near-legendary gems of great power found in the area known as the world beneath. When harnessed, they could be used to provide energy power. All they had to do was sneak back into Sauropolis with the aid of Su's two equally vicious sisters, Wan and Wing, and remove the main gem from its mount and replace it with one of its less powerful duplicates. Tai Lung loved the idea.

"Then come, my dear wife. Take your sisters and let us leave. We have a long, dangerous journey ahead of us," he said.

And so, they did. They grabbed a few supplies and headed out. The other citizens of Dinotopia had no idea what they were in for.

KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Road Rovers Fan

Return to Off-Topic Creativity