Shadow Rising (PG-13)

Shadow Rising (PG-13)

Postby KingKivuli » November 7th, 2011, 12:54 am

Just another story im working on idk where i got the idea but lets roll with it ^^ I dont really want to say much about the story itself, ill keep that quiet to add that much more mystery to it all :P Still hope you all enjoy

Chapter 1 - Midnight Runner

Spoiler: show
Venice, July 21st, 2017.
A clear starred sky blankets the rich cultured city in the height of summer. Celebration runs through the entire city as a new governor is announced. Anyone from street beggars to fancy nobles enjoys the festivities: dancing, drinking, carnival games, and displays of exotic creatures. All but one share in the glamor that spreads through the city

Up among the roof tops, overlooking the Rialto Bridge, a shadowed figure lurks. His tall frame wrapped up, unidentifiable. His legs covered with combat pants, with chains linking from side to side. Pockets and hiding holes filled with knifes, daggers, traps and tricks. His torso, a fine cut leather vest, with tribal marks etched into the working.

A long trench coat covers from head to toe, billowing in the wind against the moonlight. His hood is up and a scarf drawn over his face. Only his eyes show, deep red and focused looking, searching for something among the crowds below. His eyes lock onto something, someone in the crowd. Walking along the bridge, a noble. A short, toned fox adorned in mixes of gold and reds

Silently over the tops of Venice, the dark figure stalks his pray deep into the narrow streets, hoping over the roofs and silently strangling any guards he meets. Finally after 15 long minutes, the time came to strike. Among the narrow alleys near the San Marco Plaza.

Unsheathing claws, the hooded stalker jumps down to the street below using his hands to slow the decent on the aged walls. The fox, young and brash jumped with a start, pulling his fists up to fight Who are you? Why are you here? He exclaimed
The taller frame of the hooded man stepped forward into the light of a nearby window, there on a set of dog tags, the fox saw a name: Kivuli, who now spoke in a calm, tone of authority Someone wants you dead, fight me with a chance to live or run and face certain death The fox looked up terrified, Kivuli was clearly a foot taller than him. Not heeding, the warning he ran screaming for the guards.

Sighing deeply, Kivuli lurched forward giving chase. Not fully knowledgeable about the city and its layout, the fox was making a bit of distance between himself and his pursuer that is until he made a huge mistake. He ran straight into the open Plaze of San Marco. Kivuli skidded to a halt on the smooth stone work, he drew a dagger and hurdled it through the air. Within moments it has went straight through the fox’s neck, but not before one last yell for the city guard
Kivuli had to be quick. He ran to the fallen body taking hid dagger out and taking the nobles ring. He then lay the young fox on his back and crossed his arms over his chest Rest in peace and may your ancestors guide you Kivuli spoke has he stood up

Yelling voices of the guards and the sound of stomping feet were rapidly approaching from all sides, Kivuli had little choice but to start scaling the walls, using his claws has holdings up to the roof. At the top, guards below began to fire upon him, no one hitting their target however

On the roof a guard was running towards him. With ease Kivuli charged picking the man up and hurling im into the water below. Kivuli held up his hands and began a weird chant, in a language not known.
Just as he finished, Kivuli vanished in a cloud of dark smoke, only leaving a different small knife on the roof. A guard inspected it. Engraved in the side were the words By night I hunt by day I hide, with the price of honour I do abide

Chapter 2 - Bar Break

London east end. 1:43 Am. Among the many criss crossing back streets and roads a wisp of smoke appeared. From the black mist Kivuli stepped forward from the shadows, causing a nearby drunken tramp to spill his drink and trip on a step. Un-phased Kivuli walked on through the streets. The east end of London was bad by reputation, and this little part of it was the worst. Bad to the point that police rarely went there. The roads and paths were in great disrepair, pot holes, missing slabs of stone and broken glass. The houses, that in in past would have made the area look at least a little charming, were now boarded up and overgrown, turning into [censored] houses and drug dens, which could be smelt heavily in the night’s air

After a small while walking, Kivuli came to the local pub in the area called The Boars Head. Opening the heavy oak door and stepping in was like entering a different world. Instead of cold and broken, the pub was warm and inviting decorated and constructed with wood as well as the door itself. The floor was smooth and well-kept with a few rugs around the place. Giant oaken pillars rose up to the roof and beams stretched out across to the walls then back down. The furniture too was carved wood, tables chairs and stool, the majority of which were crowded around the open fire place at the far end of the room

Despite its obviously old history, there were a few modern touches to keep the pub up to date and the patrons happy. First off was the music player. Anything from the 70’s up to recent years was available and, at the cost of just twenty pence a song, was a popular choice for the patrons there was also a couple of pool tables on the small upper level, slowly falling into disrepair but functional, enough for a team to practice on, and so they were. Down stairs opposite the bar was a dart board, which was kept much more update as it was the most used. The lighting was also modernised with lights hanging from chains connected the beams on the roof.

The touch of modern was the bar itself. It had granite worktops, a working till, sink and soft drink dispenser. The panels on the side were also wooden, just to keep it looking at least partial in tune with the building and carved into each was a running boar, the pubs symbol. As for what was on offer to drink… well more or less the worst low grade alcohol there was to find, save for a few choices. The money made was going on just keeping the place up and running

Kivuli now walked in and to the bar, pulling out one of the stools and taking the seat. Not a moment later, the bartender appeared from the back. He was a silver furred wolf getting on in his years and it was showing. His usual silver fur was slowing turning to a grim grey. He worn some slightly tatty jeans, a plain crimson t-shirt and leather jacket. Looking over, he and Kivuli exchanged a friendly nod, before she started mixing up a cocktail. As he did, the barkeeps eyes danced over the room, keeping an eye out for any signs of danger

Content that all was fine, he finished making the drink and handed it to Kivuli. An odd mixture of rum, vodka, gin and apple juice with crushed ice. Kivuli took it up straight away and began to drunk as the barman spoke Well well I have to say it’s a surprise to see you back in here. It’s been a while, I thought you actually left this time. So what’s new with you? Kivuli placed the glass down and smiled over at his friend Come on Rath you know I’d never leave you and this place hanging. As for where I have been… well I’ve had a lot to deal with in this past month, only just finished a job ten minutes ago

Rath gave a slight chuckle at Kivuli’s words Never gets old with you huh? So what was it this time, gun treatment or up close with one of your knifes? Kivuli startled at a loud yell behind him taking a look making sure the coast was clear he leaned forward a bit This time it was throwing dagger. Damn sod knew the city and I didn’t so he almost got away… and I just escaped with my life, he got the guards and I didn’t fancy getting riddled into Swiss cheese Rath picked up his towel and smacked Kivuli over the head with it What I going to do with you Kiv? I know you have those odd unexplained powers, heck you saved me with them, but honestly I think you take them for granted. Your over confident and cocky. Not to mention you have one nasty temper and finding trouble at the worst time. Your slowing becoming the most wanted man in Europe. Watch your back.

Kivuli smirked Hey I know how to watch my ba… His words were cut short as a huge dark brown paw landed on his shoulder. He turned to see it belonged to a giant of a bear, who was accompanied by 2 other lions. All three of them were muscle powerhouses Ah… watch my back huh? The bear stepped forward and grumbled his words Dis is my seat, what you doin’ in it? Kivuli calmly took a drink, finishing it off and placing the glass behind the bar Well… it’s a pub… so I’m having a drink. Did your tiny head think it was a brothel? A couple of the men nearby here the convocation and started laughing, which only meant trouble for Kivuli as the bear picked him up by the back of his coat

Rath jumped the bar and came face to face with the bear, who turned his head along with the lions to meet the eyes of the barkeep Trojan, I have told you before stop threatening the patrons or get out! The bear just laughed, however it was short lived. When he turned his attention back to Kivuli, the black lion was no longer in his grasp but sitting calmly on the bar Trojan come no need to cause a scene, there are many seats in here. However would you like a special order of steal ones to hold your muscle headed bodies? Kivuli’s words sent Trojan charging for him. He raised a paw and punched downwards to the bar, going straight through, and Kivuli had dodged it, now standing calmly on the angry bears shoulder Such a temper you might want to watch what you do with that

By this point the rest of the pub was watching. Cheering, chanting and placing bets. Pretty much everyone voted on Trojan to win. He was well known. Everyone had a past with him either by meeting the end of his fist or lending it out. Kivuli was an unknown to them all and by looks of things clearly out matched. He jump off Trojan in time before the bear ripped his paw out from the bar and yet again came charging at Kivuli. The dark lion ducked down and slide under him, causing the several hundred pound beast to trip and smash into the wall

Taking this moment Kivuli went to the better and places money on himself to win. A bad move, when you turned round a swinging chair greeted his head knocked him on the floor. Blood was dripping from his nose and he had gained triple vision. Slowing trying to stand and not fall over Kivuli wanted to show he could still fight. However it was pointless. Trojan pick Kivuli up by the neck and began to pummel away at his head and stomach. Within minutes Kivuli was out cold blood dripping from his mane. Trojan didn’t notice and gave one last hard punch in the stomach. Kivuli sprang to life throwing up on the floor

Panting heavy and glaring at Trojan through his scarred eye Kivuli snarled That was my favourite drink, and this is my friends bar you just messed up! Kivuli spat in Trojans eyes then bit down on his finger tearing a chunk out of it and releasing the hold. Now on the floor he spat out the chuck of flesh and charged at the behemoth, sliding once again across the floor but this time unsheathing his claws and slashed hard and the bears knees, causing him to topple over, bleeding out. Kivuli wasn’t done there. He picked up the bears right arm, twisting and pulling it, till finally CRACK it was dislocated. Trojan let out a loud hard cry of pain tears running down his face. His two lion companions came over and dragged him out the bar. For a moment there was silence. Then the whole place erupted in cheers. Kivuli went and got his winnings before heading to the back behind the bar. As soon as he was out of sight, he collapsed on the sink throwing up blood and started bleeding a lot worse than before. He collapsed to the floor panting heavily and trying to stay alive

Chapter 3 - Recovery Call

For the next five days Rath kept Kivuli hidden at the back of the cellar. Over this time Kivuli’s body went through extreme pain. His entire muscle structure was on fire feeling at any second they would be ripped from his body, his bones snapped and creaked with any movement, which was to say a lot seeing as Kivuli was writhing and rolling in pain enough with the muscles. As if that wasn’t enough, the black lion was constantly throwing up blood. On the third day it got so bad Rath had to close the pub for the night seeing as the pain had driven Kivuli insane making up break a few of the stocked wine and beer barrels. Afterwards it being to settle and only started to reach manageable levels on the fifth day. During which Rath made sure Kivuli was fed and watered, seeing as it was safe to go near him now. Finally on the sixth day Kivuli woke up. The pain was gone and no more blood was being thrown up

After laying in the bed a few minutes to collect himself Kivuli got out the bed and headed upstairs. He left most of his clothing behind only choosing to keep his combat pants on with one dagger and an odd necklace round his neck that seemed to have been split in two. His body was neatly toned and very well kept. The only thing that ‘ruined’ the perfection was two huge slash marks across his stomach. How we got them however he didn’t know. As Kivuli exited the cellar and came to the main room of the pub, Rath was bust cleaning up. It was after closing time and judging by the moon outside it had been a long day. Kivuli stepped forward to the bar pulled out his normal seat and sat himself down, instantly folding his arms on the counter, which was already repaired, and burying his face in them. Rath turned and walked to Kivuli giving his friend a firm rub on the back Well look who finally stopped wrecking the place. First you pick a fight, then you go and resurrect yourself only to throw blood everywhere and break some stock Kivuli looked up at Rath and sighed Look, I’ll pay for the damages, sorry about the mess but there was no way in hell I was letting myself die from a thug Rath let out a small chuckle and hopped behind the bar to poor Kivuli a drink Yeah Yeah heard it all before, and I know your good for it, but you gotta watch yourself and when you use those darned powers of yours. Rumours will spread. Anyway you never told me, how in the devil did you get those powers?

Kivuli took his beer and had a few gulps. Rath had given him one of the best pick of the joint, which only served to put a momentary smile on his face before a sad near confused look To be honest Rath… I’m not sure. You know I have amnesia I can’t remember anything before a year ago. I just woke up with these powers. The teleport allows me to go where I please as long as I’ve been there, the revival trick keeps me alive as long as I active it and then pay the price… pain and blood. Then there’s my final ability… which I’m sure you don’t need reminding of Kivuli gave Rath a hard stare and Rath gave back with a little smile How could I forget, but you know fine well you can’t even think of using it, there would be chaos Kivuli placed his finished drink behind the counter Don’t you think I know that I know what I did I’m not proud of it but it happened. God I feel like crap He fell forward and face planted the counter, Rath picked his head up and shoved another drink into the dark assassins hand Cheer up misery guts least your alive. Kivuli begin to drink when a small tattoo on his arm began to burn. He slammed the drink down clutching his arm, got up and headed for the cellar Thanks Rath I got to go, I’ll give you that money later Before Rath could respond Kivuli was out of sight in the cellar. He threw on his top and coat, making sure to pick up all the equipment, and especially the ring from his target. With everything packed, Kivuli pulled up his sleeve and tapped the tattoo. In seconds he was teleported away

Instantly Kivuli arrived in a very dim lit room. There was nothing to it. Just plain stone walls with candles and in the middle of the room a light shining down. Around it was a high semi-circular table with six chairs, each was inhabited by black roped figures their faces hidden from view. Kivuli stepped forward into the light and knelled in greeting Council, I have done the task you asked of me and brought proof of his end He stood up and placed the ring on the table. The middle right figure took it up and examined it, then stashed it in the rope. She then spoke Well done Kivuli, as we expected from our best agent Her voice sounded old and rough, but still firm with a caring tone However before we move on we must address your use of the resurrection power in the eyes of mortals, you know the rules, what have you to say? Kivuli stood legs at east arms behind his back I did what I had to, to live. I made sure it seemed like I was knocked out not killed. Also had I not done so, I would have never found the answers I seek or been able to serve you. The council looked at each other and nodded, the same women being to speak again Very well Kivuli this is acceptable, you do still look under the weather with the payment for such use but it will pass. Now onto your next task a very important on. There is a girl out there we would like you to retrieve. She’s being held in a fortress near the Italian/Croatian border in the mountains Kivuli shuffled his stance slightly then spoke up What is the name of this fortress and who is this girl?

The council women raised her head, a hint of orange fur lay beneath the hood We regret to inform you that we do not have a name Kivuli, as for the girl, that is un important to you. Know that you will be greatly rewarded for this venture Kivuli bowed and turned to leave Before you go She waved her hand, Kivuli felt a surge of power run through him I have granted you more power, you will find your senses and abilities greatly improved Kivuli smiled and nodded then not a moment later teleported himself out the room. The hooded figure, a man, who was next to the orange lady leaned over Do you think he suspects something? What if he remembers something from this, we might lose him, or even worse The lady raised her hand to silence him Come now don’t worry. Kivuli is good but he isn’t that good, If we remembers anything we will claim it’s a side effect of his new abilities With that the council settled then all teleported out them selves

Chapter 4 - Access All Areas

Italy/Croatian Mountain Boarder, August 4thst, 2017
After a week of planning and travel, Kivuli finally made his way to the boarder as he was told. Arriving on horseback near the bottom of the mountains he jumped off and tethered up. Observing the town, it looked fairly new, yet with a hint of old age to it. There were a few shops and homes making up the main street, the outskirts were dotted with farms and vineyards, giving the town fresh local produce, jobs, and income.

He pulled down his hood and entered the local tavern named La Volpe. It was early afternoon and only a few people were about. They looked up curious as to who entered but went about their own business. The tavern was much like Raths place. Most things made of wood with the walls made of thick stonework. Entering in there was the bar on the right with stairs leading to bedrooms. To the left some table and chairs and a fireplace. At the far end the bar continues round like and L shape, with sectioned seating’s and windows

This was the place Kivuli had organised to meet his contact, he took a bar stool and sat down in waiting. One of the bar staff came over, a middle aged racoon women You after food or shelter stranger? Her voice with heavy with a Eastern European Accent. Kivuli smiled and replied Actually I was hoping to meet someone and get information She looked at him quizzically then snapped her fingers Of course… you are the Brit yes? Here to get to the fort in the hills? Kivuli nodded in response. She beckoned him into the back office

Kivuli followed without wasting time and sat down opposite her, as she began to speak So… from what you tell me. You need into the fort, but you will not tell me why, who you want to see or what you will be doing. Kivuli smirked I have a very… specialized kind of work, that work has led me here. Given its nature… the less other people know the safer it is for me, the safer it is for them. All I can tell you is that I do not intend on bringing harm, only to do my job.
She looked at him a moment and thought. His gaze did not break. Very well She responded I will help you get in. I have thought for some time something odd was happening up there, if your… work helps solve this, that’s good for me. Tomorrow they are holding an open banquet for several businessmen and women. They have requested me as a cook… I can get you in as an assistant. Will that do?

Kivuli couldn’t help but chuckle at the last part. The idea seemed crazy… and oddly convenient, but what other option did he have? None. He did not know this town, the fort, or even the way to it Very well just tell me what I need to do to help…miss? Kivuli waved his hand quizzically Call me Hylda. I will get things ready for you for tomorrow. Be up early, you can stay in a room here. She held out a hand expecting payment, Kivuli handed over a sack of coins. She felt the weight and nodded leaving Kivuli to relax the rest of the evening

Kivuli woke up the following morning at around 5:30am. His room was basic but liveable, with a bed, drawer, wardrobe, sink and mirror. The view from his window overlooked the fields to the east, and caught the rising sun. He washed up and shoved on his pants and vest top heading downstairs to the bar. Hylda was already awake and working Morning, I made you breakfast, full English, no charge She pointed to one of the tables near the fireplace, Kivuli nodded in thanks and went to eat

By the time he was done Hylda came over with clothes and a large satchel in her hands You need to wear these to get in, but use the bag to take your own clothes if you so wish She left them on the chair next to him and took the plate away. Kivuli took the clothing back to his room, basic chef whites. He started to get ready, making sure his mane was cleaned and was tied up at the back before slipping on the whites, and putting his own clothes in the satchel

He made his way downstairs once more to help Hylda finish loading the cart they would ride in. Once set they set on their way, now 9:10am with the sun fully raised. The journey up the hills and into the mountain took an hour. They reached the front gate two armed guards with assault rifles stopped them, demanding their business. Hylda explained she was the cook, and passed Kivuli off as an apprentice from the UK, not an uncommon thing to hear in Italy and France. The guards checked he back and let them through

Once inside they made their way round the back to the kitchen entrance and began unloading. Hylda took Kivuli aside for a moment Listen, you must actually work with me till after we server lunch and go on our own. If you run off before then people will ask questions. At least later I can say you left or taking a walk. Understand? Kivuli grinded his teeth silently but nodded. He wasn’t used to just taking orders like that, but for the sake of this mission he had to

For the entire morning Kivuli worked in the heat of the kitchens, stirring soups, slicing vegetables, and cutting up various meats. His patience was starting to wear thin, every mission beforehand he had done on his own terms, his own way, now he was stuck in kitchen. What was worse, he had to help serve the food, taking a good 20 minutes to do so. The act itself wasn’t what caused him bother; it was the fact now everyone in that dining room now knew his face

As everything calmed down, the staff began to disperse. Hylda looked over at Kivuli, nodding to him and indicating a door on the far wall. Kivuli nodded back and headed towards it, opening up and stepping out. It led to a long hallway. Down one way lead to other rooms, and the other, access to a balcony and stairs. If there was a prisoner here, the chances of her being in a tower or dungeon were high. Kivuli changed his clothes though kept his long coat, chains and most of his daggers in the satchel

Double checking to make sure the coast was clear, Kivuli made his way to the stairs, he could overhear the sound of chatter and the clink of cutlery from over the balcony, the dinner event would be sure to hold the guards main attention. Allowing Kivuli to roam more freely. At the stairs he made the choice to go up. Think he would reach either his target, or a place high enough to scout the entire complex.
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Shadow Rising (PG-13)

Postby KingKivuli » December 31st, 2011, 4:14 pm

chapter 2 is finally up. its much better longer and more detailed than chapter 1, I will go back and rewrite cause it is a horrible start to the story
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby Arani » February 14th, 2012, 4:46 am

Hmm... I like where this is going. But I don't fully understand some things.

1) who is the main character? A human, some kind of animal?

2) what are these "Powers" that he's talking about?

3) Is this a place that's some kind of replica of the real world or what? I think it would be a good idea to make the setting of this story more clear.

4) You're making it kind of random at times to the point where I sometimes can't tell if there really is a story behind it... what is this guy's objectives? What is he trying to gain? That kind of stuff. Maybe have him thinking of memories that start to steer us towards this book's plot?

Other than that, in the first chapter just bold the lines where someone is speaking and you'll have a great start to a FanFic on your hands! :)
Last edited by Arani on February 14th, 2012, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby KingKivuli » February 14th, 2012, 4:51 am

in answer to your question i give you this:

Its in a furry world inhabited but anthropromorphics (dang hard word) basically half animal half human. as for the world itself its based of the real world but with other influences and ideas thrown in for fun.

Anything else like the story who the hell he is what the powers are, its all things that will be explained as the story progresses, why deliever all the details in one go? spread it out and make a story
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Arani » February 14th, 2012, 4:53 am

Hmm, alright. That pretty much clears it up for me. I'll be awaiting more chapters! :)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby KingKivuli » February 20th, 2012, 4:03 am

chapter 3 is up and running ^^
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby KingKivuli » October 9th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Wow well over a year since I started this XD Just kept forgetting it and not having motivation, but the 4th chapter is finally up and running, the true story begins =3
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby RedKite » October 9th, 2013, 7:58 pm

awesome
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Postby Dark Huntress » October 10th, 2013, 2:33 am

Really cool ^^
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Return to Off-Topic Creativity