[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [Closed to Amanda and Kivuli] — My Lion King Forum

[Closed to Amanda and Kivuli]

Re: [Closed to Amanda and Kivuli]

Postby Panda-chan » November 4th, 2009, 2:11 am

*has stolen Tess' character...* :innocent:

Constance smiled to herself. Festus seemed to have adapted quite nicely to Abbey life so far. Already he was engaged in a deep conversation with Matthias and Basil at a table at the far end of the hall. But where was Beleos? Constance searched around and spotted him seated at a vacant table nearby, twiddling absently with a fork. "That boy has got to make some more friends." the wise badger mother sighed to herself. Perhaps in time he too would become more friendly and open to others his age.
Shaking her head, Constance walked over and sat down at the head table of the dining hall close to the Abbot. Not long after she too was in the midst of a deep discussion with an elder beaver mother.

A small pretty churchmouse shuffled up to Beleos' table and indicated a seat to his right. "Excuse me, may I sit here?" inquired the young mouse. It was Tess Churchmouse.
"You seem rather lonely sitting here by yourself and for the life of me I can't find my brother anywhere in this crowded hall, or anyone else for that matter." she continued.
Just then a young brown squirrel stumbled up and collapsed into the chair opposite them. "Whew! I'm exhausted! The kitchens were a nightmare today. Where's the food? I'm starved!" said Rowan, fanning himself with a paw. "Hi Tess."
"Well you wouldn't be so tired if you'd stop working yourself to death!" Tess chided him softly, laughing.
"But I've got to help out around here." Rowan insisted, "It's the least I can do so that I'll finally be accepted as a full-fledged warrior of Redwall."
"Like doing kitchenwork will make you a worthy warrior!" Tess teased.
"It's better than just sitting here doing nothing." Rowan said defensively. It was then that he noticed Beleos sitting quietly next to her. "Hey, you're that strange mouse I saw earlier! Pleasure to meet you. I'm Rowan. Welcome to Redwall." he said, extending a paw.
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Baya » November 4th, 2009, 2:55 am

Beleos snapped out of his trance of thought as he noticed other creatures beginning to sit at the table. He didn't look like he minded them sitting at the table as well, as long as they didn't pester him. He looked to the squirrel that he saw from earlier, and couldn't help but smile. He was getting worked up over just a bit of kitchen duty. Beleos found that very amusing. He extended his paw as well, and shook Rowan's. "I am Beleos Longtail. I am from far over seas, under the shadow of the tyrant Romulus." Beleos said in monotone. He took his paw back rather quickly, only out of old habits.

"You are a warrior of Redwall are you?" Beleos asked the squirrel quietly. "This is the most peaceful region I've ever been in. I can't say that there's much use of a warrior around here. Then again, I've heard much about Redwall from Slagar the Cruel. Not such a reliable source..." Beleos said quietly as he looked to the table. He heard that Slagar had finally taken some Redwaller younglings after he had escaped.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Panda-chan » November 4th, 2009, 3:41 am

"Well, almost. I'll be a warrior soon." Rowan corrected, munching thoughtfully on some bread that had arrived on a platter. "You're right though - there isn't much use for warriors and defenders these days. Not since that Slagar fellow you just mentioned. But it's best to be prepared for the worst eh? You never know what might happen." He reached for another slice of bread from the center of the table.
"Quit hogging the food Rowan!" Tess scolded. "Others want some too you know!"
Rowan threw her an indignant look. "There's plenty for everyone." he said tersely, just as a large tray with some apple pie and strawberry cordial was brought up to them. The little mousemaid bearing it set it on the table gently and made an elegant curtsy before moving off. Tess thanked her and divided the food among the three of them.
"Bet you've never tasted anything this good huh?" Rowan asked Beleos between mouthfuls. There was silence at the table as the three friends dug in.
"How do you know of Slagar the Cruel though? Have you met him?" Tess asked curiously after a few minutes. This mouse seemed like an introvert but it was clear that he knew quite a lot, maybe more than they did.
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 4th, 2009, 3:54 am

Beleos laughed slightly at Rowan's actions. Beleos already figured that Rowan was not a bother, but a source of amusement. From his words, to his actions. He munched on some food, as his ear's twitched in response to Tess's question about Slagar. Beleos swallowed his mouthful of food, and looked to Tess.

"He captured me when I was a dibbun. I tried to put up a fight, but I was so small, he brushed me off with his tail." Beleos murmured. "By the time my guardian, Festus, had noticed I was gone I was already being pulled along with a bunch of other slaves. It didn't take me long to escape, and set all the others loose too. All I can say is Slagar is the only brains of the slavers. They are more dimwitted then a sack of rocks." Beleos explained. He then looked to Rowan.

"You know, I've received some training in noble sword form. Very complex, and hard to master. It is an advanced warrior art, and is rarely taught to commoners like me." Beleos said quietly. "Perhaps I can convince Festus to teach you it?" Beleos said with a grin.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panda-chan » November 4th, 2009, 4:39 am

Rowan couldn't help himself. He jumped up from the table with excitement at Beleos' words, knocking his chair backwards and sending his fork clattering to the floor. "Yeah! I'd love that!" he shouted excitedly.
"Rowan!" Tess shouted. A few at the surrounding tables were raising their eyebrows in disapproval.
"Uh...sorry." Rowan apologized sheepishly, setting his chair straight and picking up his fork from the ground. "I got excited. Tell Festus I'd like that very much. He hurriedly gulped down more cordial to hide his embarrassment.
"So you were captured by Slagar the Cruel? That's awful." Tess said to Beleos sympathetically, trying to change the subject. "I was captured by Slagar too some seasons ago along with my brother and a few others at Redwall, but we managed to escape as well. Luckily for us. If we hadn't been saved in time, we would've-"
She was interrupted by a bell that was sounding from the head table. Abbot Mordalfus had an announcement to make.

The Abbot rang his bell several times for silence. Soon all eyes were fixed expectantly on him, waiting. The Abbot cleared his throat.
"As usual, I hope everyone here is enjoying their meal. But today, I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to two newcomers of our Abbey. Their names are Captain Festus and the young Beleos Longtail. They've journeyed here from afar, and I sincerely hope we can all give them a hand as well as some encouragement to better help them cope during their temporary stay at Redwall Abbey."
All heads swiveled toward the two new fieldmice in the room. Rowan's ears turned bright red when he felt their eyes boring into him as well. He desperately wanted to slip under the table and disappear. He really hated being the center of attention.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 4th, 2009, 4:54 am

Beleos looked to Rowan oddly for a moment, and then smiled again nodding. "I'm sure Festus would love teaching someone with so much...enthusiasm." Beleos said with a small chuckle. He then looked to Tess as she explained how she had been captured by Slagar as well.

"I'm sorry that you were taken by Slagar. He was quite the lunatic I have to admit. Talking about revenge half the time, and destroying Redwall. I don't know what he thought you did to him, but he wasn't a happy camper." Beleos said as he took a swig of his water. It was when the abbot called for everyone's attention did he put the cup down. It was when everyone's eyes that were on him, did he feel very shy. He looked down to his plate, and continued to eat regardless of the eyes staring at him. Festus laughed as he stood.

"Oh please dear abbot! We are not ones to ring a bell over!"
Festus beamed with a chuckle.
Baya

Postby Panda-chan » November 6th, 2009, 12:55 am

All tension was broken as the assembled creatures laughed heartily at the captain's words. Even Abbot Mordalfus' kindly old eyes crinkled in merriment before he replied, "Ah, don't be silly dear Captain! Such niceties must be observed for such an honorable guest."
The Abbot sat down, signaling the end of his speech. Soon the hall was abuzz again with the familiar rumble of chatter and laughing. Rowan emerged from beneath the table where he'd been hiding and resumed eating.
"Whew! I'm glad that's over." he said thankfully in between bitefuls of food.
The rest of the evening went by quickly, with Tess explaining to Beleos the ways and history of Redwall Abbey, and Rowan occasionally interrupting to add further details. As the meal was starting to draw to a close, Tess stood up and brushed off her skirt.
"Well I suppose I'd better help Cornflower clean up the dishes." she said, casting Beleos an apologetic look. "I'll see you both tomorrow then."
Rowan stood up quickly. "I'm going with you." he said hurriedly. He didn't want to be left alone with this strange mouse. "Er...six paws are better than four you know."
Tess looked at him quizzically, unaware of his anxiety. "There's going to be more paws than just four, Rowan. Maybe you should help Beleos back to his room? He might get lost."
Rowan nervously swallowed, but he had to comply. "Come on then." he told the young fieldmouse hoarsely as he waited for him to get up.

Constance wound her way to where Basil, Matthias, and Festus were seated, trying to avoid colliding with the steady stream of Abbey creatures that were filtering out of the vast hall. On her way there, she spied Beleos exchanging words with Tess Churchmouse and the young squirrel Rowan before all three departed. Perhaps she'd misjudged that quiet young fieldmouse, she thought to herself. He seemed to be getting along with his peers just fine.
"Well comrades, how goes the debate?" she asked loudly as she sat to take a place next to her friends.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 6th, 2009, 1:20 am

"What debate dear lady? I was far too hungry to even speak. Great meal though. Quite worth the long travel!" Festus said as he pat his stomach happily.

"Any left overs?" Basil asked as he looked around. Matthias and Festus looked to Basil with a raised eyebrow. "What?" Basil asked with a chuckle.

"You never really changed Basil." Festus said with a content sigh. Matthias looked around the room, and frowned not being able to spot Mattimeo.

"Looking for someone Matthias?" Festus asked as he stood as well, almost falling over from all the weight he gained over the course of the meal. Matthias sighed quietly as he scratched his head.

"Just my son. I haven't seen much of him today." Matthias said quietly as he got up from the bench, beginning to help clear the table. Festus smiled as he rubbed his chin.

"Ah, this situation reminds me of my own. Although, I never found my son." Festus said quietly as he looked away from the group. Matthias looked sadly to Festus. He didn't mean to bring up any painful memories.

"Do you need guidance to your room Festus?" Basil asked quietly. Festus nodded. His cheerfulness had drained with the memory of his lost son.

"Yes Basil thank you." Festus murmured as he followed after the hare.

~ Back with Rowan ~

Beleos followed closely behind the young squirrel looking around at the walls again. "You seem to have such nice lives here. I've been on the move most of my life. Always evading enemies, and alert for bandits or something along those lines." Beleos said quietly as they approached his room. "Thank you for taking me back here." Beleos said quietly as he stopped at his door.
Baya

Postby Panda-chan » November 7th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Constance was surprised by the old mouse's sudden change of mood, but she knew it was best not to ask questions. Sadly she watched Basil accompany a very dispirited Festus out of Great Hall. Something about what Matthias had said had obviously upset him.
Now it was just Constance and Matthias left in the room. The large badger put a soothing paw on her friend's shoulder. "Don't worry, Matthias. I'm sure Mattimeo wasn't hungry today. I didn't see him either. He was probably in his room, practicing sword-fighting techniques."
Constance very much doubted her own words, but it was the best comfort she could offer.

"Oh it was nothing, really. Tess told me to." Rowan mumbled, looking down at his feet in embarrassment. "And you're right about that, we lead very peaceful lives here. We're lucky about that I suppose. It must have been very hard for you."
He stood there awkwardly awhile, staring at the floor. "Well, I should probably get going then." he said finally, stifling a yawn, "You must be really tired. 'Night Beleos."
He walked off sleepily in search of his own room down the hall.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 7th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Matthias watched as Basil and Festus walked out of the dining hall. Had he known Festus had a son, he wouldn't have brought up the subject. He then looked to Constance with a chuckle as she gave him her own prediction of what Mattimeo was up to. "He has fighting spirit, but no motive. I'm pretty sure he was just scampering about. He's too curious for his own good." Matthias said quietly. "I think I should get these dishes to the kitchen, and help Cornflower with the rest of the clean up. Good night Constance." Matthias said as he began to walk towards the kitchen, with a hand full of dishes and cups.

"Life isn't that difficult for me. I've been trained, so I can defend myself no matter what. I'm not afraid of bandits, smugglers, shadi traders, or even the beast king's men." Beleos said with a smug grin. As he watched Rowan walk off he waved good bye. "Good night, and thank you for your help." Beleos said quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone else trying to get some rest. He quickly made his way into his room.

The wagon creaked violently as the wheels jumped up over another rock. Grimclaw growled, trying to get into a more comfortable position within the cart. His legs were crossed, and his tail was slung over the side of the wagon. His most trusted henchmen were seated in front of him talking amongst themselves. His red cloak blew in the breeze, due to the speed of the wagon.

The black rat was starting to get annoyed, not only because they were running late to get to Redwall, but also because they had run out of food along the way. He set his crimson eyes on his henchman and he growled. "Can you idiots silence yourselves for at least five minutes! I am starting to get a headache, and should it get worse I will be turning one of you into a meat shield!" Grimclaw snarled. He stuck the metal claws of his right hand into the side of the wagon, digging deep into it so that he'd stop bouncing from the wagon's jumping. He groomed his graying goatee with his left hand, and closed his eyes for a moment trying to come up with a good enough scheme to get into Redwall as well as take over it as quickly as possible.
Baya

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)