[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [Closed to Amanda and Kivuli] — My Lion King Forum

[Closed to Amanda and Kivuli]

Re: [Closed to Amanda and Kivuli]

Postby Panda-chan » October 31st, 2009, 10:35 pm

Constance could tell Festus was impressed and couldn't help but swagger a little with pride as she walked. "Yes, these walls have stood for many many seasons you know. We're lucky they've survived that long, after all they've been through recently. We Redwallers take great pride in our Abbey. Take this, for example." They had arrived in Great Hall and stopped by the large tapestry of Martin the Warrior. This time Beleos too had a look of awe on his face. "This," Constance announced proudly, pointing a paw to the figure with a beautiful large sword, is Martin the Warrior. He is the founder of our Abbey and was one of the bravest mice in the world. If it weren't for him, we probably wouldn't be here today."
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Baya » October 31st, 2009, 11:40 pm

"Martin the warrior..." Beleos murmured as he gazed at the picture. He felt strange for a moment, as if he was in a trance. His body didn't weigh a thing, and his hands dropped to his sides. For a moment Beleos thought he saw a mouse standing in front of the tapestry in green robes, looking directly at him.

"Beleos? Beleos!" Festus said snapping his fingers. Beleos shook his head breaking from the trance, and looked to the spot the robed mouse was only moments earlier.

"He's gone..." Beleos murmured quietly. Festus looked confusingly at Beleos.

"Who's gone?" Festus inquired with a raised eyebrow. Beleos looked to Festus, with as much confusion.

"There was a mouse standing there, directly staring at us. Did you not see him?" Beleos asked with a frown. Festus sighed as he pat Beleos's head.

"I think it would be best we get some rest as soon as possible. You have become delusional my boy..." Festus said shaking his head in worry.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Panda-chan » November 1st, 2009, 4:52 pm

Oops forgot the bio lol. New character! ^^

Character Bio:
Name: Rowan Treeleaper
Species: Brown Squirrel
Personality: Redwall creatures describe him as a sweet, sensitive young squirrel who's always ready to lend a paw to others in need. He can be shy when meeting new people and doesn't like adventure, unlike his friend Mattimeo. He'd rather be helping out around the Abbey then sticking his nose into trouble.
Description: Medium brown fur, large innocent hazel eyes, bushy brown tail. He still hasn't earned his green Redwall habit yet but he does carry a small dagger around his waist.
History: Rowan was taken into Redwall Abbey when someone found him alone and lost in the middle of Mossflower Woods about a year ago. He told them his parents had been killed by a snake so the kind Abbey dwellers let him fix his permanent home in Redwall Abbey. Since then, he's become fast friends with Mattimeo and the rest of his friends his age.

Constance was taken aback. "You mean you saw the spirit of Martin the Warrior?" she gasped. Beleos nodded. The badger was stunned. Such a thing was rare, she knew, but not unheard of. However, this was not something that happened everyday. Only a select few creatures ever got so much as a glimpse of the legendary warrior in their dreams or visions. Perhaps Martin was trying to tell them something?
Constance racked her brains for a solution, but she got nothing. She looked down with a look of puzzlement at the young adoloscent mouse. Maybe she'd made a mistake, she thought. He looked to be just another ordinary Mossflower creature, with an extra layer of dirt clinging to his fur.
Constance sighed. "Perhaps you need some rest. You've had a long day." the badger echoed her thoughts wearily. She led the way up the steps to Cavern Hole. A young squirrel carrying an armful of hazelnuts was descending the stairs.
"Hello there Rowan! Where are you off to with those nuts?" Constance called out cheerfully to the squirrel. Rowan peered at them from behind the enormous pile and smiled shyly at the three of them. The hazelnuts quivered slightly as he spoke.
"Actually I was on my way to the kitchens to help Cornflower and Sister Pansy prepare the evening meal." he said, struggling to regain his balance.
Last edited by Panda-chan on November 1st, 2009, 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 1st, 2009, 5:01 pm

Beleos did not really pay mind to the squirrel as they stopped. He was still thinking about what he might've seen. The badger mother said that it was the spirit of Martin the warrior, and Beleos was not very superstitious so he thought he was probably seeing things out of fatigue. His ears pricked when he heard the mention of a meal. He hadn't eaten for awhile, only managing to get some berries in MossFlower, and those didn't exactly co-operate with his stomach.

"You best be careful lad, when one nut falls, the others will follow." Festus said with a small chuckle. Beleos was cut out of his trance at his friend's comment. He looked to the unstable bunch of nuts, and tilted his head.

"Do you need any help?"
Beleos asked quietly. Festus snorted.

"I think it's best you don't offer a filthy hand. Get cleaned up first boy." Festus said shaking his finger at Beleos.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panda-chan » November 1st, 2009, 5:36 pm

"Oh it's alright sir. I think I can handle it." Rowan told Festus politely, trying to hide his face behind the hazelnuts again. "Thanks for the offer though." He walked past the three of them and disappeared down the hall on his way to the kitchens.
Constance smiled to herself as she murmured, "Such a sweet boy."
Then she straightened herself up to her full height and put her paws on her hips. "Right, I think it's best we get you two to your rooms right away so you can change and get ready for supper. Sorry for all the delays. Abbey life is very strenuous as you can see."
She set off at brisk pace up the stairs to Cavern Hole and toward the dormitories. On the way there they were greeted by the sight of numerous mice and woodlanders giving them curious looks as they went on with their daily chores. One small infant mouse even tried to play with Festus' long purple robe. She giggled aloud as she tumbled into the folds and had to be tugged away by her stern mouse mother.
Finally they reached the dormitories. Constance indicated two tidy little rooms alongside each other with a paw. "These are your rooms. You'll find everything you'll need in there, including bath robes and fresh clothes. If you need something you can come find me again or ask someone else. Dinner will begin shortly."
With that, the badger mother turned on her heel and and walked away into Cavern Hole.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 1st, 2009, 6:04 pm

Festus smiled, as he bowed courtly. "Thank you dear lady. It is very much appreciated that you chose to let us stay in these troubled times." Festus said nobly. "Such a wonderful room it is too!" Festus said as he got out of the bow with a grunt. Festus waited until the badger mother had left before turning to Beleos. "You look troubled lad. What's the problem? We have clean cloths, food, and shelter for the time being. What is to be upset about?" Festus asked in a gentle tone.

"I don't think it was a delusion Festus." Beleos said as he looked down, leaning against the door frame of his room. "I've had delusions before, and it didn't feel like it normally would." Beleos pointed out. Festus sighed as he rubbed his head.

"Boy, you just need some rest. We've gone without much food, water, or sleep for the past few days. Except those cursed berries that fought a great battle within our stomachs. Sad to say that they won might I add..." Festus said as he rubbed his chin. Beleos nodded in agreement with a small smile.

"Get cleaned up lad. Lots of mouse maidens down there. You do not want to look scruffy, hm?" Festus teased as he went into his room and closed the door silently. Beleos rolled his eyes as he walked into his own room, and closed the door as well.

Beleos examined his room and let out a sigh of relief. He finally had a chance to rest and clean up. The young field mouse made his way to the corner of his room, taking off the filthy torn red shirt he wore and placed it on the bed. He then proceeded to the bucket that had cleaning water in it and began to wash off the dirt from his fur.

After a couple minutes with the cleaning bucket, and his fur had dried he went over to the clean pair of cloths. He was given a plain white shirt and a green abbey robe, like he saw many of the male mice wearing. When he was done putting the cloths on, he looked out his window to notice the sun was setting on the horizon. If he wanted to help with anything, now would be the time. Beleos took one last look at his dirty cloths, and put a hand around the dagger that was hidden in a sheath beneath his robes. Something in his mind was whispering to him, telling him that there was no need for the dagger. This was an abbey after all. Beleos took off the sheath from his waist, and placed it on the bed too.

Beleos proceeded his way down the abbey's hall looking at the walls, hands hidden in the sleeves of his robes. He didn't know quite where to go, but he figured he'd find out through exploration like he always did.
Baya

Postby Panda-chan » November 1st, 2009, 11:22 pm

[OOC: I'll be Cornflower, if that's okay :D]
Meanwhile, Rowan had reached the kitchen with his armload of hazelnuts. The kitchen was bustling as usual with busy mice scurrying around with large trays piled high with aromatic foods. Rowan had to scramble out of the way as a steaming trout was hurtled past him.
"W-where do you want me to put these?" Rowan asked Cornflower rather shakily, trying desperately to avoid being knocked over by the speeding mice.
Cornflower sampled something brewing in a large pot. "Right there dear." she said, pointing with her tail to a corner of the kitchen. Rowan hurriedly dumped the load from his aching arms.
What else do you want me to do Cornflower?" Rowan asked again, wanting to be of more use. He really loved helping others out, unlike his friends.
"Nothing, I'm afraid. Really Rowan, you've been an enormous help today. Now go to your dormitory and get ready for dinner." Cornflower told him.
Rowan's ears drooped slightly. "Are-are you sure?"
Sister Pansy, who'd been walking by, laughed. "Silly squirrel! Go upstairs this instant or I'll chase you up with this wooden ladle."
Rowan was gone in less than two seconds.

Back in Cavern Hole, the Abbot looked over all the preparations with approval. He rang a small bell to signal all the Abbey dwellers that the meal was ready.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 1st, 2009, 11:49 pm

[OOC: lol, it's always ok :D]

Beleos's ear twitched as he heard the loud ringing of the bell. Universally he knew that it meant dinner when the sun had set. He quickly tried to make his way down the hall, and looked down at the flight of stairs. Praying that it was the right way, he began to descend down the stairs. He looked around for a moment when he got down the stairs and frowned, not knowing which way to go at this point. Beleos heard soft foot steps behind him, and defensively turned to see Festus.

Festus was wearing a different attire. Instead of his heavy armor, he was wearing a brown leather coat of sorts and the noble purple cloak over his right shoulder leading all the way across his back. He also looked much cleaner then he did before. "Had a good wash then I see Beleos? It's good that at least our eyes won't be sore anymore right?" Festus laughed as he scruffled Beleos's hair.

"I don't know which way to go Festus..." Beleos murmured as he fixed his hair that he worked so hard on getting just right earlier.

"Captain Festus!" A voice called behind the two mice. Festus grinned, recognizing the voice instantly.

"If it isn't Basil!" Festus said happily as he stepped aside from the stairway to give the hare some space to move out from the stair way. Beleos looked confusingly at the hare, having heard his name before.

"Beleos. This is Basil. He was one of the most promising soldiers I had the honor of commanding during the noble war!" Festus said shaking Basil's hand.

"It was my honor to have been led by such a noble captain. How's your knee? Still creaky?" Basil joked with a wink. Festus laughed and looked to Beleos.

"Basil, this is Beleos Longtail. My current apprentice to swords fighting." Festus explained. Basil looked in awe at Beleos.

"He is the last longtail? My, My, My! He looks just like his father." Basil said extending his hand to Beleos. Beleos took his hand, shaking it with a firm grip. "Shakes like his father too." Basil said with a chuckle.

"Now Basil, I know you of all creatures know where dinner would be served?" Festus asked with a grin. Basil laughed once more.

"Of course. Come on, it gets a little confusing around here."
Basil explained as he led the way through one of the doors. Beleos followed without a word, Festus making his way slowly behind them both.
Baya

Postby Panda-chan » November 3rd, 2009, 12:53 am

Constance's sharp ears were first to detect the loud ringing of the bell by Abbot Mordalfus. She knew he only rang it on special occasions when there were newcomers in the Abbey so they wouldn't get lost. Speaking of which, she thought to herself as she scanned the rapidly growing throng of animals making their way toward Great Hall, where are those two mice anyway, Festus and Beleos?
She spotted them a second later, accompanied by Basil, talking and walking as they followed the crowd. The badger bounded up to meet them.
"I see you've met Basil." Constance laughed as she ran up to join them. She noticed Beleos and Festus looked remarkably cleaner now with their new robes and combed fur. "And you two look a lot more presentable now." she joked.
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Baya » November 3rd, 2009, 1:24 am

"I met him many seasons ago on the battle grounds! The grass was painted red, and our swords steamed crimson that day!" Festus said, laughing with Basil. "Best not to talk about such things in an abbey eh?" Festus said with a grin at Basil as they arrived at the dining hall.

The many aromas of great eats wrapped around Beleos's nostrils. At the scent of food, his stomach growled loudly and he quickly put his hands over it. "Ow..." Beleos groaned.

"Ah, your inner beast roars for a morsel. Come on now. It's best we get familiar with some of the creatures here." Festus said with a cheerful smile as he made his way into the dining hall, Basil following alongside him. Beleos had made it into the dining hall after Festus and Basil, though he figured those two would be sharing a table. He looked around the room, until he spotted a completely vacant table. He quickly scurried his way over at the table, and sat down, gazing at the creatures before him. There were mice, otters, moles, ferrets, and about three badgers.

Matthias was at his usual table, waiting for the meals to be set as he noticed Basil, and that new comer Festus sit at the table as well. "I see you two know each other from before." Matthias pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, Yes! Say Matthais, can you ever say you took down an entire horde of rats, weasals, and a raven warlord with only four creatures by your side?" Basil asked with a grin.

"Oh please Basil, don't flatter me. The weather was on our side that day, and you know it. One of those creatures was you, the other was that badger warlord, and we had a cunning fox spy with us so it was easy to get into the heads of those imbeciles." Festus pointed out.

"Regardless, it sounds like a great feat. I have been through my own bits and pieces of trouble. I had to kill Asmodeus the serpent to get ahold of Martin's sword, and fight of Clooney the scourge. After that, I had to get my son back from Slagar...He was a madman." Matthias explained. Festus laughed as he pat Matthias on the shoulder.

"You have seen more action, and charged into much more terrible situations then I defender Matthias! I encountered Asmodeus once, can't say I came out the same. Almost lost my life to his venom." Festus said with a shake of his head.

"That Slagar was a mad man though. Gave us quite some trouble over something that he got himself into." Basil said with a snort.

"Beleos encountered Slagar the cruel several years back, when he was only a youngin. I was drugged at a local village I was staying by and when I awoke he was gone. Somehow the boy managed to not only free himself, but the other slaves Slagar was transporting. I don't know how he did it, and to this day, he refuses to tell me." Festus said as he rubbed his chin. Matthias looked over at the vacant table the young Longtail was sitting at and grinned.

"He is cunning. What's there to ask? He probably outsmarted one of Slagar's horde into giving him the key. It isn't much of a difficult job." Basil pointed out. Festus shrugged.

"What happened with you and Beleos? Did you two just not have a village?" Matthias asked curiously. Festus sighed as he stared at the wooden table top.

"Our village was destroyed by the beast king, Romulus. If I tell you two something, you must promise to keep silent about it. At Beleos's birth, there was a vixen present and she was a seer. She told Beleos's father, Sebastien Longtail that Beleos would put an end to the dark wolverine's rule and start a new age of light and purity. The king had a spy at that little ceremony, and the king sent his soldiers to find Beleos, and kill him within any means necessary. His father would have none of that, so he entrusted young Beleos to me, and we've been running from the beast king ever since. We were advised to come to Redwall, and here we are. The beast king would never suspect an abbey as a safe house for us."

"Ah. A truly sad tale. What became of Sebastien?" Basil asked curiously.

"He was taken by the king's royal guard, and was to be executed for treason. I do not know what became of him, since I had to take Beleos and get over seas as soon as possible. All I knew was that he had sacrificed himself, so that his son may carry the prophecy. I don't know how we'll ever manage to do it, but the tyrant's rule must end." Festus explained.

"What has the king done? We were fine here in Redwall for quite some time. We have never been touched be a dark influence like that." Matthias pointed out.

"The beast king's tyranny is infamously legendary. He takes children away from their mothers, and trains them to be soldiers. He takes land that is not his to take, and forces the creatures on it to leave, or enslaves them. He takes prisoners on suspicion of treason, and kills them without trial." Festus said bitterly. "I will not give my last breath, until I see the prophecy to be true. Until I see that tyrant unseated from his undeserved throne, and face the almighty king of the dark forest." Festus murmured. Matthias sighed quietly, looking to the young boy again.

"Should the beast king come to our gates, would we be of any match?" Matthias asked quietly.

"He wouldn't use his royal army to try and take Beleos away. He would use the land excavators. They are the ones that force creatures off their land. Though I assure you defender of Redwall, they will not succeed. Destiny has a way of meeting you, regardless of which path you take. It is fate that this king will be defeated, and it is fate that Redwall won't fall to his tainted claws." Festus said with a bow of his head.
Baya

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)