[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83 — My Lion King Forum

Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Re: Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Postby Scars Mate » May 19th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Sebastian kept his eyes low at dinner, barely saying anything to Bella. His mind was whirling with all that had happened- he knew who the other Divergent was. He wasn't alone. And it was even more hard to conceal himself. If they had been in different factions, it would have been less noticeable, but unfortunately that was not the case. He sighed, staring at his food. How much more difficult can this get?

"Are you okay?" Bella's asked, looking at him with a hint of worry. "You've been kind of off. Especially in training. You couldn't stop frowning." Sebastian grunted.

"Just not a fan of watching people beat each other to pulp." Bella nodded. She was by no means a pacifist, but the violence seemed tad excessive.

"Fair enough," she said around a mouthful of garlic bread. "Eat," she added. With a resigned sigh, Sebastian brought the slice of pizza to his mouth, chewing slowly. It felt like rubber I'm his mouth, but that was only because his stomach kept clenching and unclenching with fear. Sarah seemed fine; she obviously didn't understand the seriousness of the situation. Then again, she hadn't seen the files he had, and didn't see how much danger they were in. She didn't know about the Erudite influence over Dauntless.

"We should pro annals make some friends. Dauntless born, I mean," Sebastian said after a while. "It's just the two of here. What if we do get through? We're going to need some accomplices." He smiled wickedly at Bella, who rolled her eyes.

"Well, you're gonna have to stop looking like a terminally ill patient. Have you seen yourself recently?" Bella was speaking the truth; Sebastian, although still good looking, had a slight yellow tinge to his skin, deep hollows under his eyes and cheek bones, and a stooping posture. Nerves, Bella thought.

"I'm just out of it," he muttered, waving away her concern. "And I really don't think it's going to affect my ability to make friends." Bella laughed, grabbed another piece of garlic bread and pulled him up with the other hand.

"Come on."

----

They sped through the corridors, and Sebastian felt free and happy. He hadn't let Bella's hand out of his own, but he wasn't sure why. They got several disapproving stares, but most were smiles at seeing the two initiates so happy.

"Look," Bella whispered, finally pulling her hand away. There was a group of Dauntless, varying in ages, but four of them broke away from the crowd. One was visibly older, a boy with a shock of green and red hair, like a Christmas tree. There were two girls and two boys overall, the girls twins, both brown haired, and the other boy had black hair.

"I'm Jacob," the crazy haired boy said, leaning forward to slap Sebastian on the back. "Theses are my sisters, Lucy and Annie." Both girls smiled, but mainly towards Bella, whom they had evidently met before. Sebastian noticed they had matching piercings on the top of their ears and lips.

"And I'm Jo," the other boy said, grinning.

"Jojo," Jacob amended, much to Jo's obvious annoyance.

"I'm not-"

"Oh, be quite!" One of the girls said. Jo fell silent. Probably a couple, Sebastian thought.

"So," Jacob. "You're Sebastian?" He nodded. "How are you finding initiation?"
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby nalasimba83 » May 19th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Sarah ate up her food and shoved it down the trash. "Sorry,"she said shrugging towards Nel. "Don't have much of an appetite." She saw Nel seem a bit disappointed. "Is is about the initiation?" Nel looked up, seeing that Sarah already noticed his face.

"Huh?"Nel asked. He shook his head here and there to know what was going around him. "No,"he said sighing at once. "Me, Max, Jane, and Luke have been childhood friends. They've probably been my first friends, like ever. Its kind of sad letting them go."

"Why don't you just meet up with them sometime?"Sarah asked curiously.

Nel took a deep breath and yawned, visibly showing that he was tired after probably training. "Can't. It's just not the same anymore."

Sarah nodded, as if understanding, but she didn't. Why couldn't he just go and see them? "Oh okay. By the way, you should go to sleep early. You won't do well for your match tomorrow." She waved by towards him and his eyes widened again.

"Right!"Nel said. "Tomorrow, they're probably going to call my name." He shoved his plate down the trash as well. Sarah couldn't help but laugh, sometimes he was like a little kid running towards an ice-cream truck. "Bye guys!" Then, he turned around. "Did Max flirt with you by any chance?"he asked.

"Just a little,"Sarah said, smirking.

"I knew it,"Nel replied.

After going to the parlor with cups of cocoa, chatting with Alice about Sebastian, then about just talking what girls talk about. It was night time, and she had to hide with her back against the wall to avoid Drew coming by her when she was already breaking curphew. She went to the bedroom and saw everyone already asleep. Lyndsay turned the other direction so she couldn't see her face. Sebastian had the casual Erudite expression on his face and his arm was slightly resting against Bella's. And as for Nel....he was drooling.

She woke up early the next morning. For the first time, Nel woke up even earlier than she did. "You're still awake?"he asked her.

"Yeah,"Sarah admitted. "I see you're fairly excited." She grinned.

"No kidding,"he replied. He tossed over his uniform and pulled some of his hair from his face. "I even dreamed about different locking techniques. Its that bad."

Sarah did a low whistle. "You must be desperate."

He snorted back. "Yeah. Let's head to breakfast, the others will wake up eventually." Sarah shrugged and followed him, after putting a sweater over her tanktop.

"What are you two doing together?"Lyndsay asked as she pulled over a chair next to Nel. "Are you two dating now?"

"I wish,"Nel said. "But no. We're talking like two regular friends." He took a bite out of his pancakes and poured more syrup.
"You going to go see Alice later?"Nel asked her as they stood around the ring. She shook her head.

"Nah. I'll go tomorrow. Maybe Sebastian can take my shift, or maybe Alice will give me a day off,"Sarah replied. "You must be pretty confident for you not to be trembling like hell." She looked next to her to find a pale boy sweating his shirt off. "Or sweating like hell for that manner."

"Next match is,"Drew called out, holding the paper in his hand.

"Please be me,"Nel muttered. He studied that paper very carefully.

"Cornelius Stark versus Jackson Klutz,"he said deeply. A smile appeared in the edge of his mouth.

Sarah's lips parted."No way....what where the chances that you had to-"

"I know right!"Lyndsay said. She forgot that she sort of had a thing against Sarah for a second.

Sarah turned her head to see Nel grinning. Jackson couldn't help but smirk. It was like the two anticipated that match. They both walked up to the ring confidently. Sarah didn't think Nel could hold his own against someone like Jackson.
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby Scars Mate » May 20th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Sebastian and Bella stood next to each other as Nel- the guy who hung around Sarah- and Jackson, whom Sebastian knew from Erudite- faced each other in the ring. Opal though he didn't particularly care for Nel, Sebastian sure as hell wanted Jackson to lose. He was a liar and a bully. He knew he'd watch the fight with care.

Bella eyed Sebastian. He looked angry, almost happy as Jackson stood up to the ring.

"Kick his ass!" He yelled to Nel, giving him a thumbs up and a grin, which confused the other boy, even though Bella was sure he appreciated the gesture. She cast her thoughts backtrack of last night, with Jo, Jacob, Lucy and Annie, and smiled. Sebastian had enjoyed meeting them- the boys had peeled off from the girls, and it had appeared they'd all become friends.

"Stop smiling," she leant forward and hissed to Sebastian.

"It's hard not to..." He replied.

"Yeah, but I can't actually tell who's winning," Bella whispered back.

"That's true," he muttered, frowning. He sighed, wringing his hands in an uncharacteristic show of nervousness.

"What's up?" Bella murmured. Sebastian frowned. He couldn't hide it forever, and she was his best friend. Not his only friend, he remembered. Jacob and Jojo- they were his friends now. They were funny, but smart, too- not 'book' smart, like an Erudite, but street smart. Sebastian couldn't stand stupid people. Ignorant people, rather. And sadly, there were many in his world.

"Nothing," he said, trying to seem like he meant it. Her eyebrow quirked up- she was good at reading people. He couldn't tell her he was Divergent. She wouldn't understand, she'd blab, she'd get him killed- or would she? He sighed, raking a hand through his hair. If the simulation goes badly, tell her. There. Then she would know why he was taken away and never seen again.

"I think- I think something's happening," Bella said uncertainly.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 20th, 2014, 9:31 pm

"Blow this jerk to bits!"Sarah shouted for support. Then, she slowly whispered to Lyndsay. "You think he can handle him?"

Lyndsay shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not." She stopped to think. "In fact, I don't even know what he's capable of."

"You're right,"Sarah said nodding. The two girls continued cheering for Nel.
"When did they get so cheery,"Nel thought. He shrugged and focused on his opponent. "It's been a long time. You ready Jackson?"

"It has, but I think you should be the one to get ready,"Jackson said smirking. "After all, we'll be seeing your corpse after a few minutes."

"Your sense of humor sucks dude,"Nel said. He grinned.

"Begin!"Drew shouted.

Nel and Jackson looked at each other for a moment. Sarah knew they had a bond of some sort. Jackson punched with a lot of force and speed, but Nel sidestepped it and turned around to get a kick. Jackson turned it back in midair and flipped over Nel, grabbing his shoulder and bringing him down to the mat. Nel grinned. "Oh come on. I expected a lot more. Especially from you,"Jackson said.

Nel grabbed Jackson's neck with his leg and flung him around, getting up and getting ready to strike. "Damn right." He punched again, but Jackson ducked. He sprung himself from the edges of the ring, but Jacksons somersaulted around and Nel ended up hitting the mat. The two got up. Nel tried to observe his weak points during the match.

"Heads up,"Jackson said. He hit Nel's side of the head and kicked at his stomach, sending him flying. Nel gripped the ring's railings for balance and got up. He decided he'd switch to offensive. He began kicking and punching at Jackson, hitting several points of his body. Jackson, turned over and kicked at his back. He took his fist and made a huge blow towards Nel's stomach. Nel spurted out a little blood and chuckled. He wiped it off of his mouth.

Jackson ran around Nel with lots of speed that even Sarah didn't see it coming. He was just holding back on their last match. He was a hell of a lot faster than her. He came behind Jackson and hit at his head and swung at his neck. He ducked as Jackson spun around and hit him in his ribs. The two exchanged multiple blows so quickly that the audience couldn't read them.

"You've gotten faster,"Jackson said. His eyes followed every single hit of Nel's and he blocked another one with his palms.

"What do you think I've been doing? Sitting around and playing chess?"Nel asked, grunting as Jackson kept on blocking all of his hits.

"No, chess is my thing,"Jackson retorted. He grinned, seeing his chance to attack. He kicked Nel's stomach with both of his legs and balanced on his arms. Nel grunted and immediately somersaulted back into position, clamping his stomach. "You're all talk and no action, that's your problem."

Nel swiped at Jackson's knees while he was on the ground. "Really? Just a few moments ago, you had trouble blocking all of my hits." Jackson, to his surprise did a handspring and kicked Nel's side of the head. "Okay maybe not,"Nel said as he squinted and tried to regain his blurry vision. Jackson took this as a chance to jumped off the railings, spring off of the other side and aim another blow at him. He kept giving multiple blows and did a huge punch to Nel's jaw. Nel's mouth was like a bloodbath.
"Holy [censored], Jackson's no joke,"Sarah said. "Whats with this guy? How can he dodge all of Nel's hits. I can't even see them coming!"

"Nel told me that Jackson's been studying combat since the age 10. The guy's bringing in hell towards Nel. I have a feeling that he's not even trying."

"Of course not. He wouldn't want to give away all of his moves til the end."

"Should Nel just play unconscious?"she asked Sarah.

"Why should he? After all, Nel's been studying combat since the same age as Jackson. He'll put up a good fight."
"Damn you Jackson,"Nel said. He wiped all of the blood with his forearm. He suddenly got back on his legs and did a surprise kick at Jackson. He remembered his locking technique. He took Jackson's arm into his own and crippled his movements with his legs. Then he spun around and pinned him to the ground. Jackson however, took Nel's arm and twisted it,craning it over his head and snapping it. Jackson screamed shortly, his voice raspy. "Its the same old trick for each match." Nel took his other hand and punched Jackson's cheek.

Jackson grunted rubbing his cheek and punched at Nel. Nel took his fist and blocked it with his own palm. He took Jackson's fist and tried Sarah's technique. He flipped him over his back and his fist was craned over both their heads. They were both in an uncomfortable position. This let Nel have the match in his hands. Nel grinned and kicked at Jackson's knees. Jackson grunted and rolled back on his feet. Both Nel and Jackson jumped into midair and Nel rolled over and aimed a kick at Jackson's chest.
"Yes! Nel's got him! Jackson can't dodge a kick like that in mid-air!"Sarah said enthusiastically. "Maybe I'll forgive the bastard for copying my technique."
Jackson cleverly evaded that forecful kick by hovering in the air and grasping on to the ring's railings. Nel crossed his eyebrows. Suddenly, Jackson by surprise took his neck into his arms and raised him into the air, shoving him down and punching at his ribs. Nel rolled over and gave Jackson a bloody nose with his fist. Then he took his own ribs and jammed his fist into Jackson's ribs. "Payback,"Nel exclaimed.

Then, he took his legs and kicked at his chest. He took his own fist and copied Jackson's move of punching in the jaw. Nel used his leg instead of his hand and kicked at his jaw aligning his feet into a perfect straight line. Jackson went flying backwards, struggling to get up. Then, the two raced at each other and slammed their heads together. Blood flowed through each of their skulls.

They both went back a few steps, but with their fists. Jackson punched at Nel's cheek, while Nel punched at Jackson's cheek. They were panting like crazy after all their severe injuries and fell to their knees.
"Who won?"Lyndsay asked Sarah.

"By the looks of it...nobody and everybody,"Sarah said. "If that makes sense."

Everyone waited for Drew to call the winner. "This match goes to....both of them."People looked at him with confusion.

Sarah knew that they would have gotten a high rank for the match. "To think Nel was this awesome."

"I know right. Both of them beat each other up. I can't even think of a person who can go against them...you know if they teamed up." Lyndsay looked at Sarah. "Right?"

"Right,"Sarah said agreeing with Lyndsay. But then she thought of Luke. "Maybe..."

"What?"Lyndsay said.

"Nothing,"Sarah shook her head. She was pretty confident that Luke could take them on. He just seemed like that type of person. Sarah was satisfied. She liked seeing Jackson fallen and beaten. "Seeing Jackson like this is satisfying enough,"she said, grinning.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 21st, 2014, 5:16 pm

Sebastian laughed at the sight of Jackson beat up. Maybe a little too much.

"I love your new look!" He called, whistling.

"You are a glutton for punishment," Bella said, crossing her arms.

"I wish," he replied, smiling good-naturedly. "I guess we're done for the day."

"Yeah. Simulations next, starting tomorrow." Sebastian shuddered. He would have to be careful. "They aren't that bad!" Bella said, misinterpreting his reaction.

"Let's go," he grumbled, leading the way from the training room to the lunch hall.

"Hey!" Called Lucy, waving frantically. Sebastian had learnt to tell the twins apart now- Lucy had curlier hair, usually free, and Annie straighter hair, up on a high ponytail, though they were both the same brown flecked with bronze.

"Coming!" Called Bella, weaving through tables until they found themselves in front of the Dauntless-borns.

"Sit!" Annie commanded, squishing up to Jo. Jo was her boyfriend, Sebastian had discovered. Bella sat next to her, opposite Lucy, and Sebastian sat next to her, opposite Jacob and his crazy hair- evergreen and scarlet.

"Hey," he said easily, leaning back. "Simulations tomorrow, right? Right after we find out who's cut." Bella shuddered.

"Jeez, I hope it isn't me," she said.

"Or me," Jo added.

"Oh, come on, Jojo!" Annie protested. Sebastian noticed he didn't say a word when his girlfriend said it. "You're an expert at martial arts. They aren't getting rid of you. Me, on the other hand-"

"You're not going anywhere!" Sang Lucy. "You knocked that guy out with a single punch." Annie nodded, still not convinced. Lucy turned to the transfers. "Who do you think will get cut from yours?" She asked.

"I have no idea. There are a few I'd like to get kicked out-" Sebastian gave Bella a meaningful look, "- but they'll probably get through. I don't know. Drew likes us, I think." Bella nodded in agreement.

"Drew was a transfer," Annie interjected. "He's quite fair, but seriously violent."

"We guessed that," Bella said.

They sat, chatting aimlessly whilst eating some sandwiches. Some how, Sebastian had his appetite back, despite the threat of simulations hanging over him.

"Well, guys," he began, getting up. "I have to go to work-"

"I want a tattoo!" Jo announced. Annie sighed.

"Don't you have enough?" She asked. He waved her concern aside.

"No such thing as enough." He extricated himself from the table, standing by Sebastian.

"So long as it isn't-" Annie started, grinning.

"Don't mention that one!" Jo said angrily. At Bella's confused look, Jacob leant forward and said:

"He has a tattoo of a chinchilla. On his-"

"Shut up!" Jo howled, everyone else collapsing into laughter. "Do me a bloody tattoo!"

---------

"It's awesome," Jo said, marvelling at the snake that now wound it's way up from hid ankle to his thigh. "Cheers, man."

"No problem," Sebastian replied with a shrug. He had drawn it the day before, and Jo loved it. Annie wasn't too keen, but didn't dislike it exactly. She tolerated it.

"We have to go," Lucy piped up, hand on her sisters arm. "Mom wants us back. Bye guys."

"Bye!" Bella called, Sebastian giving a small nod. He sighed, turning away. "Hey," she said gently. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" He nodded, studying her carefully. I'd like to draw her, he thought. She had angular features, hollow cheeks, beautiful flaming hair and sparkling emerald eyes. He felt an overwhelming urge to lean forward and kiss her, but he clutched the desk behind him. No use wrecking their friendship over one impulse.

"C'mon," he said. "Let's go back."
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 21st, 2014, 9:38 pm

(So I was hoping that Sebastian notices Sarah is gone and covers for her the whole day.)

Nel didn't need any help getting up and neither did Jackson. They looked at each other, even grinning a little, before exiting the ring. Sarah could still see few traces of pride and jealousy when they looked at each other.

"You look terrible,"Sarah said. "But not as bad as Jackson. I never knew you were this good." She kept on giving new compliments of his match as they went back to lunch. She and Lyndsay made up, with Lyndsay confessing she was a little jealous. "And then I loved how you beat up Jackson to a bloody pulp! Well, then of course...you did get beat up too. But on the positive side, the guy looks like a rotten tomato!"

At lunch, they were serving pizza. She gave her slice to Nel instead. She didn't talk much on the lunch table than when she did on the way to the table. She thought about a way to avoid the simulation. Of course, she couldn't completely avoid it, but she had to find a way so they didn't know she was Divergent. Time was running out.

"Hey where are you going?"Lyndsay said as Nel got up from the chair.

"Oh, I got to go to the infirmary. I keep getting the taste of metal in my mouth,"Nel said. "And I got a couple of broken ribs."

"I'm surprised you can say that casually,"Lyndsay said. "See you." She waved bye to him. Then, she stared at her reflection in the glass she was holding. "Man, I hate these piercings."

Sarah snapped from her zone and sipped a glass of water. "I can remove them for you, if you want." Lyndsay's head perked up.

"You can?"she asked to confirm. Sarah shrugged and nodded.

"They're just nose and mouth piercings, they didn't really go into your skin. It should be easy.

"Yay, lets go!"Lyndsay said.
"There you go,"Sarah said holding up a mirror towards Lyndsay. She set two of her piercings on a table next to her. "Mission completed."

Lyndsay looked at the tiny hole in her nose and mouth."Yay! What about the actual piercings?"

"They should naturally close up,"Sarah informed her.

"Can I have a tattoo then?"Lyndsay asked her.

Sarah nodded and picked up a tattoo gun, then she paused. "Are you sure? Unlike the piercings, I can't remove the tattoo for you."

Lyndsay stared at her for a couple of seconds. "Maybe your right." Lyndsay hopped off the chair and let go of the mirror.

Suddenly, a hand crept to Sarah's shoulder. Sarah literally jumped and looked around to find Jane."Hey!"Jane said. She gave a hug towards Sarah. "Whats up? Oh right-work." She chuckled. "Come with me!" Sarah gave an apologetic look towards Lyndsay.

"Uh...I'll just visit Nel in the infirmary,"Lyndsay said with a weak smile.
Jane led her to the balcony. "Oh hey wait-"Sarah said. Jane let go of Sarah's hand. "Hey,"she said to Luke and Max.

"Check this out,"Max said. He and Luke were standing on top of the thin railing. "Ready?"he said to Luke. Luke nodded in reply.

"They're not thinking about jumping are they?"Sarah asked Jane.

Jane shook her head. "Watch."

Luke and Max grabbed each others hand and jumped down the railing.

"HEY!"Sarah shouted going to the balcony railing and watched them. "Are they suicidal?"she asked Jane.

Jane laughed. Slowly, the two began to get back up after nearly bumping into a car with their bodies hanging upside down. They slowly reached the railing and gripped onto it with their feet.

Max clapped Luke's back. "That was epic,"he said. He looked down. "What was it? Like 500 feet?"

"More like 1,500,"Luke replied.

"How-?"Sarah asked.

"Bungee Jumping,"Jane replied. "That was awesome guys!"she said giving a thumbs up.

Sarah couldn't help but laugh. "You guys come up with the craziest ideas."

Jane swung an arm over her shoulder. "How's initiation?"she asked. "I heard our boy Nel kicked Jackson's ass."

Sarah grinned. "You got that right. And initiation's going good..." She nodded.

"Simulation's the next one right?"Max asked. "I heard its just like the aptitude testing,"he said.

Sarah's grin slowly faded. "Hey, do you guys know where the Dauntless keep their files?"Sarah slipped. She turned white and gripped the railings, hoping they weren't paying attention to her.

"Files?"Max repeated. He ruffled his hair, thinking.

"Yes,"Luke answered. He let go of the railings to look at her. "In the headquarters."

Jane frowned a bit and craned her head. "Files...why?"

Sarah was trapped. "I just want to research something."

"Is it for the second initiation?"Luke immediately asked her.

"Yeeahh,"Sarah said slowly. How in the heck did he know that.

"Oh! Like to cheat?"Jane asked casually.

"Yeah,"Sarah said shrugging.She was saved by a lame excuse. "Where is the headquarters? You guys are Dauntless-born right? You know a lot about it."

Max shook his head. "Not exactly."

"Its out of town. You need to take a train to get there, and then pass through a tunnel. It will probably take a full day to get there and back,"Luke informed her. "They won't let us in since we're not leaders or full members of the faction. If you want to get there, you'll have to sneak in somehow."

"You're thinking of going?"Jane asked Sarah.

"Come on! We should go! Going through a high-security building unnoticed is even funner than hanger zip lining or bungee jumping!"Max said.

"Sarah was right. You are a suicidal freak,"Jane replied immediately. "I'm just going to go with whatever Luke is going to do. He's the sensible one."

"I don't know"Luke replied. "Max may be right."

"You're talking about Max. He's never right!"Jane said.

"You do realize I'm over here right?"Max asked her. Jane rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I'm going,"Luke replied. "The Dauntless Headquarters has information on practically everything. Even the second initiation for that matter."

Sarah thought about Luke's words. "It has information on practically everything,"she thought to herself,"Even the footage of my aptitude test. I'll destroy it when I get the chance. Sebastian already has files of Erudite, so I better get the Dauntless files."

Jane sighed. "Fine you convinced me. But just to let you know-if we get killed, its on your head,"she said looking at Max. "I'm only going because Luke is going, not because of anything else."

Sarah knew that Jane was just going because Max was going. Sarah had a feeling that Jane also liked Luke, but the guy was way out of her league. "If it takes a full day, then when do we go?"Sarah asked him.

"Now,"Luke replied.

"Like right now?"Max asked.

Luke nodded. "If we ever have hope of reaching the place." Luke pushed over a chair and pulled a tile from the balcony. He grabbed a black backpack from underneath and sprung it to the table. "How the hell?"Sarah asked him. Max pushed over another chair and did the same as Luke, getting another black bag.

"Max and Luke dug two tiles underneath with a quickbag. Like you know, in case of a fire,tornado, earthquake, so on. Or if they came under attack or something like that. Its like for emergencies,"Jane told her.

"Why?"Sarah replied. "I mean, I'm not saying its a bad idea, its crazy awesome, but why?"

Jane shrugged. "It's just how our Dauntless mindsets work. We have the tendency to think like that. Some think more than others,"she said. Sarah had a feeling she was talking about Luke. "And some think less than others,"she added. She was talking about Max. Sarah laughed and Jane grinned. "Its why they're best friends, they just sort of balance each other out."

"Flashlight,"Luke said. "Lasers,"he continued placing the flashlight and laser onto the table.

He spoke with the slight British accent that Sarah found awesome. "Gummy worms,"Max said grinning and placing the packet on the table. Sarah did a face palm. "Earphones."

"Earphones?"Sarah asked.

Luke shrugged. "It might come in handy." Max elbowed him.

"Thank you. See! Someone appreciates my way of thinking,"Max said.

"And here,"Luke said after placing several more objects on the table. He pulled out small sets of injections. "I created these drugged injections. Just in case. You just stick it in someone's neck and push the plunger, they'll fall unconscious-or more accurately, into a deep sleep."

"Genius,"Sarah complimented him.

Luke's lip curled. "Thanks."

"I don't know if anybody knows, but I helped create it too. Just saying,"Max said waving his hand.

"Oh in your dreams,"Jane said. She playfully smacked his head.

"No he actually did,"Luke replied, looking up towards Jane. She stood confused. "It was his idea to add a strong cough syrup to lengthen the time they stayed unconscious."

Jane pulled her arm away from him. "Who knows, your not useless after all."

"Dinner is in like 5 hours,"Max said. "Do we skip it or something?" He frowned a little bit. He stuck out his lower lip and looked at Luke. "Please please please. Their serving pasta,"he said.

"I think the puppy dog eyes and the lip trick only work if their done by girls,"Sarah said. She patted Max' back.

"Who's idea was it to go there?"Jane asked. "And don't you eat enough to skip dinner ? Even pigs don't eat as much you do."

"Here,"Luke said. He pulled out a packet of beef and turkey jerky and tossed it towards Max.

"Thanks,"Max said grinning.

"Kay, lets go,"Jane said. She took the bungee jumping rope and cut the bungee part. "Let's jump,"she said. Sarah shrugged and dropped along with Luke and Max.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 22nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

Bella and Sebastian wandered aimlessly down the corridors of the Dauntless compound. They were headed no where in particular- training was temporarily over, there wasn't much work needing to be done, and because they weren't officially Dauntless, there were many things they couldn't do. Buying new clothes, however, was not one of those things.

"Let's buy some clothes. I think we can wear our own clothes in training now," Bella said. "I'll check with-"

"Hey!" Jo yelled, hobbling down the corridor. Leg still hurts from the tattoo, Sebastian thought humourlessly. The two of them paused to allow him to catch up, Lucy, Annie and Jacob in tow. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Sebastian shrugged. "Buying some, new clothes, I guess," he said.

"Wicked. I'll come with you, show you the decent places." Jo grinned. "Annie and Lucy can take you," he jerked his chin towards Bella. "C'mon," Jo said, gesturing the way they should go, Jacob leading the way.

"Bye!" Bella called softly. "See you later."

-------

"It looks okay," Sebastian said, eyeing the outfit he was in with a pinch of salt. It consisted of black jeans with studs on the pockets, steel-toed boots, a v-neck dark red shirt and a mean leather jacket.

"It's the best you're going to get," Jacob said, with a smile. Sebastian nodded.

"I gathered." He brought it over to the counter, paying for it with credits he'd been given. Jo put a new pair of boots next to them, convinced he needed new ones.

"I wonder what the girls have got," Jo said, frowning.

"You'll love it either way," Sebastian replied, smirking.

"That's true," Jacob said.

"Shut up," mumbled Jo, but he was fine by the time they were leaving the shop., telling some joke about when an Amity and a Dauntless met in a bar.

They found the girls in the pit, all having safely deposited their clothes in their respective bedrooms. Sebastian had simply changed into his, and he noted Bella wearing similar attire. Annie and Jo were in a world of their own, hands linked and heads close together.

"I mean, I did not see that coming." Bella's voice drifted over to where Sebastian stood, rising and falling in an almost melodic way. "I mean, they just couldn't win!"

"I know!" Lucy cooed back, nodding her head vigorously.

Sebastian smiled to himself. He wasn't the best of company, especially not for a girl like Bella. She needed female friends, too. Although she seemed content to stay with him.

-------

Dinner passed quickly, although Sebastian saw that Sarah wasn't there. That isn't too unnatural. She's probably busy. However, as he got ready for bed, he noticed yet again she wasn't there. Not my business, he thought. Doubt crept at the back of his mind- what if they had found her? Was he next? Judging from Lyndsay and Nel, no one had any idea where she was. Sebastian went to bed with a strange feeling of concern and worry in his heart. She'll be back tomorrow. She has to be.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 25th, 2014, 12:29 am

Sarah had to cup her mouth to keep herself from screaming. She felt as if though her heart was going to explode any minute. Jane looked like she had done this a couple of times and landed perfectly and smoothly on to a mound of grass, hay, and feathers. "How convenient,"Sarah muttered. She brushed off some grass and hay off of her clothing and plucked a feather out of her hair.

"You okay?"Max asked her. He pumped a fist into the air. "Victorious landing!" Luke landed after him, brushing stuff from his clothes and tossing Max his bag.

"Fine, thanks,"Sarah said giving him a smile back. She let go of her ponytail and let it fall on her face and drape her shoulders. She walked next to Jane and behind Luke and Max. "I've never been this far from the Dauntless compound before,"she said. She never wasted a minute to look around her.

Jane looked around the buildings and areas. "Its not really pretty or anything-not like Amity or Erudite."

"It's not ugly either, like Abnegation,"Sarah replied. "I like it, its very...unique in its own way."

Jane smiled at her. "You think so?" She brightened up. Sarah shrugged and nodded.

"Luke, you have any more jerky?"Max asked him.

"Hey come on,"Sarah said chuckling. "You finished it already?" Max grinned at her sheepishly.

"Max, you finished the whole bag,"Luke muttered, chuckling. "I have one more left. At least wait until we get to the headquarters. You'll become fat. Besides..." He shook the bag to drop the crumbs. "You shouldn't eat too much of this."

"Isn't jerky nothing but skin stuff?"Jane asked.

"Pretty much,"Sarah replied."It's just dehydrated pieces of meat." Jane thought about that and Sarah stopped. "Hey look!,"she said to the group. "Its the train!" she bounced on her tippy toes.

The four of them ran across the side of the train and hopped on without making a single sound. The four wasted their time by playing Blackjack with a stash of cards in Max' backpack. Sarah initially thought all of the components in Max' backpack were useless, but if it weren't for those stack of cards, they would have died of boredom. Still, everyone made groaning noises and were frustrated, except Luke. He seemed like he didn't mind.

Suddenly, they came across a bridge. "We have to jump when we cross the bridge,"Max whispered. He held the map and showed them. "Now!" He went over from his seat and jumped early, but he didn't have any injuries of any sort.

"That was close,"Jane muttered. Sarah saw a flicker of worry in her eyes. She took a deep breath. "Max!"she shouted and jumped. She rolled over to a hill, but grasped something hard and held on to it.

"She's right. The trains going too fast. We'll die,"Sarah said. It was the two of them on the train now and the bridge was almost near them.

"On the count of three,"Luke said. He counted with his fingers and the two of them held onto opposite railings. He gave Sarah a slight push first and she jumped before him. He held onto the railings longer and jumped after her.

"Hey!"Sarah protested. "You could have told me when you were going to shove me at least,"Sarah joked around. The two of of them went rolling into the grass and stopped when they reached a flat surface. "That wasn't expected." Luke let go of his hand and helped her up.

"Sorry,"Luke replied. Sarah was going to tell him that she was only kidding, when she saw Max.

"Damn pond,"Max said as he heavily trudged towards them from the other side. "These were new shoes!"he complained. He was soaking wet and his shoes were muddy and wet as well. "I just bought them yesterday,"he muttered.

"I'll buy you another pair when we get back,"Sarah said, slowly getting up. "Whats your size?"

"I don't know. 10 1/2, maybe a 11,"he said shrugging. "Where's Jane?" He looked around. Luke tossed him a coat and he put it on.

"Over here,"Jane shouted waving a hand. "Thank you for finally noticing." She went towards them dry and unharmed. "So what do we do next?"

Max looked at the map. "It's kind of hard figuring out to do from here. There are a lot of different lines though,"he said confused.

Sarah took the map from him. "The red line was for the train stops. I think the blue is for the tunnel. Its kind of hard to see in the dark."

Luke took another look at the map. "If you're right, then the tunnel or passageway is a half mile from here. Do you guys feel like walking?"

Sarah groaned a bit. "Come on, we spent like 2 hours in that wretched train. I swear that I'm going to start throwing up any minute now, especially with that smell of beefy jerky. Can we rest for a while?"

"How about I carry you?"Max joked.

Sarah shrugged. "If you can. I'm heavy."

"Let's see,"Max said. Sarah placed her arms around his neck and jumped. Max fastened her legs and grinned. "You're not that heavy."

"I can see your arms struggling,"Sarah sang, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just cold after almost drowning in water,"Max said cleverly. He grinned. Sarah could see his two small piercings in his left ear. "You're light as a butterfly. Butterflies are light-right?"

"Such a big flirt,"Sarah said as she held onto his back and neck. She laughed.

"You don't seem that heavy,"Luke said. "Let me try carrying you."

"You wish,"Max smirked. Luke rolled his slightly, smirking back. "Look,"he said grinning at a huge boulder with fresh water crashing down. It was like a mini waterfall. Behind that waterfall were more constructed buildings. "Dauntless isn't ugly, you just haven't seen the right parts of it yet." He raised his head to look at Sarah.

"Oh my god,"she said. "Jane look over there!"she said pointing to a crazy cool building. It looked like a glass tree. In the roof, there were to rectangles slightly slanted and in the middle was a big "D" encrusted in something white. Sarah doubted it was diamonds, but she could have been right. "This is the more sophisticated area of Dauntless. Just look at everything."

"No look over here!"Jane replied. There was another cool looking building that had water spraying out of the middle. It was for show. There was fountain showing a man shooting a gun. Out of the gun hole came the water.

"Ooh,a boy threatening to kill you. Fancy and elegant,"Luke replied. The three of them laughed. "I guess that is Dauntless' version." Luke stared at the other buildings casually. "I doubt Dauntless built these. They are probably Erudite designs. The two factions are pretty tight,"Luke said thoughtfully. "By the looks of it, we're almost there,"Luke informed them, holding the map.

"Awww." Jane frowned slightly.

"We'll get another look at them when we head back,"Luke said to her. He smiled and tossed her a disposable camera.

Jane grinned. "Thanks!" She caught the camera in her hand and began clicking a few photos. "Keep this one Sarah,"she said, handing her the big Dauntless building.

"Thanks!"Sarah replied. She stuffed it into her jean's pocket that she under a casual black top. Black was the standard color of Dauntless. Lyndsay usually went and picked cute tops for her when she had free time.

"I think this is the spot,"Luke said after they went back the pathways of the magnificent buildings. He looked down. "There's supposed to be an entrance somewhere." They went into a building and took an elevator to the top balcony.

"Here, I'll get down. Sorry if I am the cause of your scoliosis in the future,"Sarah grinned.

"Nah, its okay,"Max said. He set her down slowly and the two of them looked at the railings. "7 freaking stories high!" He turned to look. "We've never really jumped from a building before. Sure, we've done bungee jumping a couple of times, trampoline bouncing, but woah. Do we have to jump?" He turned to Luke.

"Seems like it. You up for it Max?"he teased him. "Don't worry, I packed your pacifier just in case." Jane laughed and grinned.

"Oh shut up man,"Max replied back, kidding around. "I knew coming here was worth it."

"Damn it,"Sarah said. She was almost shivering. Jane gulped as well. Sarah didn't feel like this when she went ziplining with Luke and Max. She at least knew that she probably wouldn't die if she just held on to the hangers. But this was different. "Is there another way in perhaps?"

"Not that I know of,"he replied.

Max buttoned his jacket fully and looked down. "Okay,"he said. He jumped suddenly somersaulting into the air. There was a hole in a roof and he crashed into it.

"Damn you Max!"Jane said looking down.

"He's always lucky for such a reckless guy,"Sarah replied, with a faint smile.

"I've done this before. Shouldn't be too hard....right?"Jane said. She looked down and closed her eyes. Sarah thought she was praying for her survival which she would probably have done in her place, but she was trying to calm her breathing.

"Jane, jump from here. Once your in mid-air, you can't move or control your body. Your timing sense and position has to be perfect,"Luke advised her.

Jane nodded in appreciation. "Okay here I go!"she jumped along with her screams and successfully landed through the roof.

"Are you next?"he said looking at Sarah.

Sarah shook her head. "Not a chance. Jane must be a hell of a lot braver than I am."

"To be honest, Max is braver than I am, too,"Luke replied to her surprise. "Okay, on the count of three, we jump." He didn't seem afraid. He grabbed her waist and slowly measured his distance. "One,"Luke muttered.

"Two,"Sarah replied.

"Three,"Luke finished. They both jumped with Sarah screaming her head off until they went through the whole and successfully landed. Luke let go of her waist and smirked. Max and Jane didn't land as smoothly. Jane crashed on top of Max.

"Jane,"Max croaked. "You're the definition of heavy,"he replied.

Jane pouted. "No I'm not! I eat less than you do!"she replied, offended. Luke urged them to be quiet.

"Forgot,"Max muttered. Both him and Luke turned on their flashlights. "This place is huge."

"The files must be in the leader's office,"Sarah told them. "The guy that looks old but scary, whats his face again?" Sarah asked, snapping her fingers, hoping to get the name back.

"I remember somebody saying it was Victor,"Luke said. "He should be easy to find-or at least his name. There aren't too many Victors lying around in this faction."

"Right! Victor,"Sarah said. She remembered Alice muttering his name somewhere.

Suddenly panting came from the four directions of the wall. Huge black dogs were slowly making their way towards them. They had black beady eyes and sharp yellow fangs. Attached to their necks were collars. Guard Dogs. "I forgot that we had company,"Sarah muttered.

"I knew we shouldn't have come here,"Jane said.

"They're just dogs Jane. What can they do?"Sarah told her. But she knew these dogs weren't to attack, they were to alert.

"Max, the jerky,"Luke said calmly. "Second pocket from the front,"He informed him.

"Right!"Sarah remembered.

Max immediately scourged the bag and opened the bag quickly tossing the beef jerky in the opposite direction. For a moment, the dogs seemed distracted. Then, they sniffed the jerky and ate it. Max continued throwing it further and further away from them. They took this as a chance to silently escape without being caught.

"That was close,"Sarah said. "Too close."

"Damn it. My jerky,"Max said. "Those dogs are going to get it the next time I see them."

"Usually, in any headquarters, the leader's office is usually in the middle,"Sarah said. Her parents were one of the leaders of Abnegation, but she never saw the Headquarters.

"We are close then,"Jane replied. Sarah heard footsteps coming towards them and she tightened for a bit. She could see their shadows coming towards the wall. She saw 2 shadows. There were two men. Neither of them were leaders. They had leather jackets on and piercings and tattoos.

"Hey, you guys look awfully young,"One man said. He had bright red hair, like a tomato. It was mixed with dark black strands of hair. "What are you doing here? Reporting to somebody?" He didn't look suspicious of them.

"Um,"Jane looked at everyone, and then slowly nodded. "Yes."

"Who?"The other man asked. He had black hair mixed with red strands instead.

Jane tightened and her fingers nearly twitched. "To Victor,"Sarah spoke for her. She smiled elegantly and ruffled her hair. She also maintained a straight face to look mature and older than she was. "We were just about to head towards his office,"she said. She tried doing a flirty smile, which obviously worked. She elbowed Jane. She laughed inside her head. These guys are total suckers.

Jane cleared her throat and spoke with more confidence. She also ran her fingers through her hair and pulled it back. Sarah couldn't notice her face back then, but Jane was fairly pretty. She had caramel brown eyes and a thin, curvy lip. Underneath it, was a small black mole. She also fit in easily because of her purple hair.

Sarah didn't look back, but she could feel the awkwardness behind her and Jane. Max and Luke were just looking at each other, unsure of what to do. Should they take the guys on right now? Or should they let the girls handle it? Could they take on a professional Dauntless member head on? They shrugged and decided on the second option. It was like telepathy.

"Were you about to head there too?"Luke asked him.

"Actually, we just came from there,"the first man spoke. The other man agreed, nodding,"Yup, we just passed the second corridor. We'll escort you guys."

"Err-sure,"Max said. "I meant thanks,"he said uneasily. He mouthed the word "Pedo" and pointed at the two men. Sarah and Jane covered their mouths, unable to control their laughter. Jane slipped her laughter for a moment and the two men looked around. She covered it up by pretending to cough.

The man was about to open the door to Victor's office. Suddenly, Max grabbed the dude with the red hair and black streaks while Luke grabbed the man with black hair and red streaks. Sarah and Jane covered both their mouths to prevent them from screaming and alerting somebody as Luke and Max shot the injection in and pushed the plunger. They used hand signals to talk to one another. The two guys dragged the men through the floor and placed them somewhere else.

Luke peeked into the office to see Victor doing some paper work. It wasn't normal paperwork. Luke noticed it had another faction's stamp on the paper, it was like a faction and another faction cooperating. He did a hand signal for them to move back.

"Damn it, he's in there,"Max whispered.

"Guys, I don't know about this,"Jane said.

"Jane, how can you ever call yourself Dauntless?"Max asked.

"I call myself Dauntless not stupid,"she whispered back.

Luke watched them bickering, and Sarah watched him. "Hey uh.."she asked him.

"What?"he said turning towards her side.

"What...do you actually want to find out here? What file or info do you need?"she asked him suddenly. "Nobody in their right mind would have wanted to come here.

"Nothing really. I just need to verify something,"he said, shrugging. Sarah nodded, sounding convinced.

"We need to get him out of the office,"Sarah said to Luke along with Max and Jane, but she doubted they were listening. "A method that doesn't involve us getting into unnecessary fights."

"The correct term for that would be distraction,"Luke said. He began thinking, then sighed. "Okay I got nothing. This guy is a Dauntless leader, he's not stupid." Jane and Max continued arguing and bickering. Suddenly, Max snapped out of it.

"I think this is my area of expertise,"Max replied. He pulled something out of his bag. "Me and Nel have been working on this powder." He held a small glass bottle with grayish powder. "Luke experimented on it to make it explode. Of course, it was just supposed to be a dumb prank, but Jane accidentally made it explode creating a diversion, when we were out of curfew-which of course, gave us time to escape." Max carefully held it after explaining its use.

"Right, we have to make it explode somewhere. We'll need someone to go far away from here and make it explode, while the other person goes and gets the files,"Sarah said.

"I'm guessing the people to make it explode will probably be me and Jane,"Max replied. He turned to Jane. "Come on, I hope your not afraid of heights." He smirked. "Tell me if they have a file on cool pranks,"Max said.

"Tell me if they have any information on Dauntless architecture,"Jane asked. "I have a thing for awesome Dauntless buildings."

"Alright,"he said, nodding to Max and Jane. He counted with his fingers, and once he got to the third finger, Max and Jane understood. They waited a couple minutes for them to hear a loud explosion. Sarah wished she brought earmuffs or earphones to cover up that loud popping sound in her ear. Luke smirked. "Thanks Max." They hid behind a corridor.

"What the hell was that?"Victor said, slowly getting up from his chair. Sarah could see his shadow moving towards the opposite side. He held a knife in his pocket.

"Are Max and Jane good runners?"she whispered to Luke.

"Yes, in fact they are,"Luke replied. He went to the door and managed to catch it before it closed and locked. Sarah and Luke went in quickly. "Holy sh-" Luke crossed Victor's desk to see what the papers were, but Victor locked them away. "Damn. 5 minutes, we have 5 minutes,"he said towards Sarah.

"Got it,"Sarah said. She scurged around the doors for anything, and then she found the files on all the Dauntless initiates. "Bingo,"she said, almost grinning. She took a look at her file and there was no sign of the word Divergent. Then, she realized that she didn't have a footage at all. "Alice must have sent no footage,"she muttered.

She looked at a shelf with Dauntless files. She took a closer look and found Erudite files mixed up with them as well. She remembered the woman her mom talked about. "Her name...what was it again?"she said frustrated. She looked at an Erudite file and opened it to find a strict looking lady. She had brown hair and blue eyes. She looked about the same age as Victor. She looked under the woman's picture to find the name,"Meredith Johnson. Leader of Erudite. Creator of the simulation." Sarah hurried through the rest of the files, hoping to memorize all of its contents.

She looked at another file under Meredith's. It was a file of a serum, but not the ones for the aptitude testing. It wasn't the one for the second initiation, so she decided to ignore it. "Found you,"Sarah muttered. It was in the Dauntless files with all the other initiation stages in it. She looked at the ingredients, the way it works, and how to get out of it. She didn't pay attention to the 'how to get out of it' part, since she already knew how to get out of it. Sarah flipped another page and her eyes widened. It was the results of the previous Dauntless initiates and their average timing. "Yes!"She thought in her head. If she managed to have a countdown of the average dauntless initiate's timing, she wouldn't have to worry about them finding out about her.

"3 minutes left,"Luke told her.

"Okay,"Sarah replied.

She saw Luke scrummaging through some other stuff, more like looking for something. "Cheats for the third initiation. Would you like to see it?"he asked her.

Sarah's face turned red. "No, its okay." Sarah immediately looked away. She didn't really want him to think that she was just here to cheat in the initiation. That would make her look cheap.

"Let's get out of here,"Luke replied. "I got stuff on Dauntless pranks for Max,"he said raising a file. "More like military gimmicks,"he muttered chuckling. "And famous Dauntless architecture for Jane." He put both files back where they came from. "Do you have what you need?"

"Yup!"Sarah said. "We have 20 seconds left,"she replied. The two of them opened the door and closed it, putting everything back where it came from. "Fingers crossed, they'll meet us back here in about..."

"10 seconds,"Luke finished for her.

"..4...3...2...1,"Sarah whispered inside her head, as they hid in the wall. "30 seconds before the two men wake up." Suddenly behind her, Jane and Max panted and grinned as they came back. "Please tell me your grinning because you did it."

"Well, they're still alive aren't they?"Luke said. He grinned at Max and Jane.

"Luke, you really are the god of stunts,"Jane replied. "I can't believe we were successful,"she whispered as they slowly snuck back up the roof.

Max sighed. "I'm so underrated." The four of them stood on a roof, looking up at the building they jumped from.

"Not exactly,"Sarah replied to Max. "Luke may be the god of stunts, but I consider you a god of pranks." She grinned at him. "I mean, its not like everyone could just fool a Dauntless leader like that."

Max's eyes widened. "Wait-you really think so?" He began smiling at the corner of his mouth. Sarah understood why Nel and Max would have been good friends.

"Hate to admit it, but even better than me,"Luke added, to support Sarah's claim and to boost Max's pride.

Jane shrugged. "Uuhhh, lets not go that far." She still smiled. "But that was fun,"she began to grin.

"Man, you should have seen Victor,"Max said. "He was like dancing around the place when me and Jane sent off those explosions." He raised an eyebrow. "Not exactly what I would have expected from a leader, especially from our faction."

"I know! The dude looked like a clown. It totally ruined his 'I'm-so-scary-so-run-for-your-life' look." Jane laughed quietly.

"Wish I could have seen it,"Luke said.

Sarah laughed. "Same here...by the way,"she began. Max and Jane turned their heads to look at her. "How do we get back to the building?"

"Right,"Luke said, squinting his dark eyes to look back up at the building. "Climb it?" He jumped from the roof and landed carefully below the building they jumped. Then, he began to climb on a window, clutching a pipeline.

"Like I'll lose to you Luke!"Max said. He jumped from the roof again, landing below the building, dangling loosely.

"MAX!"Jane shouted. She grunted. "What a fool! He always gets lucky."

Sarah noticed the same flicker of worry in her eyes and voice. "We can't let the boys have all the fun,"Sarah said, trying to look enthusiastic. It didn't look that scary or dangerous. She jumped from the roof and clutched the pipeline, slowly climbing by Max.

"Hey, when did you get here?"Max asked her.

"Fast climber?"Sarah said, shrugging. "I don't know." She held the pipeline and looked at Jane. "Jane!"she shouted, hoping she would hear her. "Come on!"

"Yeah! Come on, or we'll ditch you,"Max joked. Sarah rolled her eyes. "Just kidding, we can't ditch you. You're too awesome to ditch."

"Yeah, hold on I'm coming. Just waiting for that car to pass,"she shouted back. She began to climb the 7 stories building, just under Sarah's feet.

"Wow, you girls are fast,"Max said, noticing Jane.

"Its that, or your too slow,"Jane replied, grunting as she did a huge jump and began to climb by Sarah.

Max rolled his eyes and looked up at Luke, who was already done climbing, sitting at the rooftop, waving at them below with a sarcastic smile. "Luke, you show-off!"he shouted up at him.

Max climbed faster and reached the roof second. Then Sarah and Jane reached the roof at the same time."You talk too much, thats why your annoying,"Jane told Max, as she brushed up dirt from her pants. She took the digital camera and took a pic of the headquarters. "For memories sake,"she said clipping a picture.

"Its exactly 1 am in the morning,"Sarah told them. "We won't even be late for initiation."

"No wonder why Jane called Luke the god of stunts. He really planned every single detail out,"Max said. "Nice job,"he said patting Luke's back.

"We'll be heading back now,"Luke said. The four sat on the roof.The morning wind blew his dark hair back and he yawned, looking at the peak of the sun.

She was a little excited being on top of a roof next to Luke, watching the sunset. She had to remind herself that he had no interest in her. "It's really beautiful,"Sarah said. "The colors and the position. Perfect,"she muttered. The sky above them was a dark blue that looked black, then slowly in front of them it was dark blue, then purple,red, and orange. "I haven't seen a real sunset. Sure, I saw it from our window, but not like...this."

"You're right. It's really pretty,"Jane said. She smiled.

Max yawned. "I don't get what you see in it. It's just a sun rising."

"Look deeper,"Sarah spoke. "Aside from the cars and buildings. Look at the sky." Max squinted and tried looking at it. It took him a couple of moments, then he focused his eyes in a certain spot. "Do you see what we see?" Sarah smirked for a few seconds and then looked at the sun herself. "In my opinion, its one of the best sights."

Max raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I guess. If you really pay attention to it."

Luke just stared at the clouds, not moving his mouth. Then, he yawned. "Damn, I'm tired."

"I'm not,"Sarah replied immediately.

"Do you have some sort of super-power? We literally went a whole day without sleep, and your still active?" He whistled. "I wish I had your case." He turned to Luke. "Reminds me, did you get a file on the pranks I asked you?"

"And the architecture?"Jane asked smiling showing her teeth slightly. "It wasn't necessary, but if you could-"

"Yeah,"Luke replied. "I had to put them back so suspicion didn't rise. I'll tell you guys everything back on the train, how about that?"

"Fine by me,"Jane and Max said at the same time.
"Another famous Dauntless prank is the legendary smoke cannon,"Luke said casually. It was like he memorized every single page of the file. After, he explained it, he pulled out his digital camera and gave him strips of pictures on the page. "Thats the recipe to make the smoke bombs, and you can make a cannon out of anything,"Luke said.

"Just like the time we made the water ones,"Max said. "That was a classic. We should totally try it on Olivia,"he said. "She deserves one straight to the face."

"I doubt smoke would do anything,"Luke said. He raised an eyebrow. "Now if you were to replace the smoke bombs with a stink bomb-now that would be a different story."

"Why try it on Olivia if you can try it on David?"Jane said. Then, she and Max discussed who to try it on, laughing together.

Sarah laughed and listened on the train, passing time quickly. The information Luke got was more interesting than she thought. Luke already had explained to Jane about famous Dauntless architecture, even taking her to the sites in person. She had strips full of pictures. "Remember when we went to the Dauntless Museum a few hours ago?"she asked them.

"That was surprisingly fun and interesting,"Max replied.

"I never knew Dauntless had a museum,"Sarah said before Luke told her that it was a 'generous donation' from Erudite. "Now if it was a weapon exhibit, I would understand. I liked the art portaits they displayed. The abstract, the surreal art, and then realistic. And how can I forget the sculpting exhibit?"

"I was more interested in the building itself,"Jane told her. "You know, architecture is very similar to sculpting." They continued talking about other stuff while in the train.

Sarah understood why she and Jane got along. They both liked art, though different versions of art. "I think you'd be interested in the air conditioner jamming trick,"Luke said. They went back to discussing pranks.

"Thats a good idea. The best part is-they'll never know who caused it!"Max said. Max' stomach began to growl. "I almost forgot how hungry I am. Damn it! I forgot to get revenge on those stupid mutts."

"German Shepherds,"Luke cut in.

"Forget it Max, it was impractical. You would have just alerted them,"Jane said, going back to looking at the pictures.

"Uh-actually,"Sarah said. She dug into her pockets and got out a ziploc bag. "I baked some cookies earlier." She opened them and gave a few to Max.

Max took a bite out of them, with crumbs falling from his mouth. "These are delicious. You're an amazing cook."

Sarah grinned. "Thanks. I was thinking about giving them to Nel last night since his injuries were really serious so he had to stay overnight."

She gave the rest to Luke and Jane. "Max was right. These were amazing,"Luke said. He took a bite carefully so no crumbs would spill on the train seat. Her eyes widened, and she felt her cheeks turning pink.

"Damn right,"Jane said taking another one.

Suddenly, the train came to a stop. "This trip felt faster than the last one,"Jane said yawning and stretching.

"Jane, when your done with those picture, burn them,"Luke said sternly.

"Wha-?"Jane said, slightly confused.

"Thats just evidence that we snuck out and into the headquarters,"Luke replied. "Same with you Max."

"Got it, you already memorized the recipes anyway,"he said. He took a lighter from his pocket and burned it to ashed. Then, he frantically stepped on it to prevent a fire. Jane reluctantly handed the pictures to Max.

"Here,"Sarah said, getting out some more pictures from her pocket.

They spread the ashes everywhere. "They're right, you know. You literally plan every step along the way."

"Thanks,"Luke said. "If thats a good thing."

"Its is,"Sarah replied as they began climbing back to the balcony. They jumped over the railings and hid the bags back under the tiles. "How do we know if the instructors are still there?"she asked.

Luke dug a laser out of his pocket and made a tiny hole. He peeked into it. "They're heading towards a separate room to prepare for the initiation."

"This is our chance,"Jane said. She opened the balcony door, but it was locked. "Guess it was set for curfew. Luke, can you laser it?"

"I can, but the knob will break,"he said.

"I can just shove the door open,"Max offered.

"You'll make too much noise,"Sarah said.

"I know an old trick to get into locked doors. But I'll need a pin. Its the most basic one for pranksters. As you can see, I'm a guy and I don't have any pins on me,"Max said with an obvious tone.

Sarah dug a pin out of her hair, making a loose strand of her hair fall into her face. "Here."

"Thanks,"he said. He took the pin and inserted it into the knob, cranked it to the side, and turned the knob. It still didn't move.

"It's the wrong side Max,"Luke said.

"Oh,"Max replied. They got the door open quietly, and the group waved bye towards each other. Sarah hurried into her room and went under her covers. Then, she woke up when Lyndsay woke up.

"Good morning,"Sarah said with an innocent smile.

"Oh hey,"Lyndsay said, with her hair like a lion's once again. "Good morning. I woke up really early. Its 6 already?"she said. Sarah shrugged and nodded.

"Get up. Let's go visit Nel and get to breakfast,"She said. She tugged at Lyndsay's cover and pulled her hand. "It's not like we have all day." She grinned.
Lyndsay, Nel, and Sarah looked below at their plates. It had bacon, scrambled egg, and plain toast. Sarah gave everything to Nel. "Thanks for visiting. It was boring in there. I was surrounded by a bunch of depressing people telling me how they landed in the infirmary. Of course, I had to act like I cared."

"We were going to visit anyway,"Lyndsay replied. "By the way, where were you yesterday?" She turned her head to Sarah.

"The instructors checked on us since we were close to you, so I made up a fake tale,"Nel chimed in.

"Thanks Nel,"she said with a smile. "I sort of...ran away for a short while,"she said.

Lyndsay almost choked on her orange juice. "R-Ran away?"she asked wiping the liquid above her mouth.

"Yeah. You guys are close to me, so I thought I could tell you,"Sarah said.

"Of course,"Nel said. Lyndsay seemed kind of flattered. "Lucky,"Nel muttered. Sarah told them everything that was outside of the building. She didn't tell them where she went, why she went, or who she went with. She was very keen on avoiding that topic. They were more excited than either Luke, Jane, or Max since the two of them were transfer initiates.

"Now that reminds me, I have to see someone,"she said.

Nel and Lyndsay didn't ask her who.l Lyndsay seemed to learn how to control her mouth and respect people's privacy, which Sarah thanked her for silently. "I need to speak with you,"she whispered to Sebastian, tapping on his sleeve and then quietly walking away, dumping her tray in the process. She was wearing her regular uniform like everyone else.

(Sorry for the long wait! My dad came to visit us so I didn't have time to reply!)
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 27th, 2014, 9:37 am

Sebastian saw Sarah enter from the corner of his eye. His body flooded with relief- all of the past night had been him envision Sarah being caught, among a whole manner of things. Bella caught his smiles.

"What- oh." Her face fell as she saw who he was looking at, but he just sighed.

"It's not for the reason you think," he said, sounding uncharacteristically bored. "I have to talk to her." Bella frowned, stirring the food about on her plate. She seemed, well- jealous, but that didn't add up. Why would she be jealous of Sarah? Sebastian thought, bewildered. He was usually good at this sort of stuff, body language, but his brain was failing him. He sighed, munching on his bacon. It felt dry in his mouth.

"See you later!" Jo said, dragging Sebastian from his reverie. They had taken to sitting together now- Sebastian, Bella, Jo, Annie, Lucy and Jacob.

"Bye," Bella said half-heartedly. Sebastian nodded, and after a few awkward seconds, he rose too.

Sarah came up behind him, and he followed her after getting rid of his tray. They walked very quickly, round the twisting corridors until they came to water fountain with no cameras in sight.

"What?" He asked, a teensy bit aggressively.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 27th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Sarah frowned a bit,"What? Did I say something wrong?" He was about to reply, but she shrugged and shook her head,"Nevermind, don't worry about it." She made sure no cameras were in sight, then she had a huge smile on her face that was hard to suppress easily. "I got it!"she said happily. Then, she remembered to lower her voice. She saw another Dauntless transfer initiate go outside and walk past them. She stopped and waited for that boy to pass.

"We already know how to break out of the simulation, but I know a way that they won't suspect anything. I snuck into the Dauntless Headquarters last night-" Sarah was cut off by Sebastian's face, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Oh please just don't tell anyone!"she urged him. "It's not as bad as it seems." Sebastian pulled back his jaw and nodded. Of course Sarah could trust him, Sebastian was a good friend and he would never tell her out. "The average number of minutes a person stays in a simulation is about 7.5,"Sarah said. "So if you stay a little before or after that, they won't suspect a thing. It should be easy for us! We can-sort of control what goes in our simulation."

She could see his mind calculating the plan. She sighed and even smiled inside of her head.Oh Erudites,she thought. "That's not all,"she said, her voice lowering again. "Do you know who Meredith Johnson is?" she asked him. "She's a leader in your faction and the creator of the simulator. I'm pretty sure she's the woman who wants us Divergents dead,"she informed him. "I only know her name and position, but I thought I'd tell you anyways." She stood stiff wanting to ask him something, but she decided against it. "Hey wait!"she said, reaching for his arm and pulling him back.

"Did you tell anyone yet?"Sarah asked him. "About you being Divergent?" Sebastian stood there and slowly shook his head with a flat 'no.' "Maybe you should...and me too. Bella's a great friend, she would never rat you out. I think half the pressure would be gone if you just told somebody." Sebastian returned the question towards her. "Me? I guess I should tell Nel sooner or later. Maybe I'll tell Lyndsay after she gains my full trust." Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "She's kind of moody,"Sarah began to explain. "Do one thing against her and she'll backstab you without hesitating." Sarah shrugged. "I'm pretty sure thats not completely true. She did cover up for me when I was gone..."

Sarah looked over his shoulder and saw initiates beginning to leave. "We need to hurry, the initiation is going to start anytime soon."
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)