I'm Not the One [Old Scar fanfic]

I'm Not the One [Old Scar fanfic]

Postby NukasMomentofGlory » February 20th, 2014, 5:11 pm

[ This was written a while ago. This is a slightly edited version of the story, considering the rest was really all that Scar was thinking throughout the movie. I didn't think to write about his reign at the time because I'm stupid. >.< Anyways, I wanted to move it to here because I don't want to worry that someone will see it on the site I wrote it on. They're too mature. ]

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom. Now Mufasa, there will come a time when I will no longer be around." The black-maned lion lowered his gaze to Mufasa, who sat beside him atop the summit of Priderock. It was time Ahadi, the old Lion King, was to tell his chosen son about what to expect when he first becomes king. "When that particular time approaches, it will be you who will take my place."

Mufasa's face lit up.
"Whoa..." His smile faltered and soon vanished and he looked up at Ahadi. "What about Taka?"
"Taka," Ahadi echoed. "Mufasa. Please try to understand that there can only be one king at a time."
"So Taka will not even be acknowledged?" Ahadi frowned.
"Mufasa, it has been this way for generations. I will not change that tradition just for the sake of a cub. No one has ever heard of a kingdom with two kings." He looked down at his son, who seemed disappointed. "Please don't look at me like that. You are king. Sit up straight and proud."
"Yes, father."

Taka sulked. It was nice to know that's how his father saw him. A mere cub. A disgrace to the royal family blood. If he could just show him. One day he will be king. He knew it. The day would come when he would be the lion he had always hoped to be!

--

Scar now sat beside his brother at the base of Priderock. It was almost time for the ceremony to start. Mufasa was about to become king. Almighty Ahadi had passed away and the kingdom was still recovering from their loss. Scar didn't feel the same way. It hurt his father had died, but why should he care? Ahadi didn't care for him like he did Mufasa. Scar sighed. Mufasa had heard it.
"Taka... I know this is hard on you--"
"What do you know?" Scar snapped, casting a fierce glare over in his brother's direction. "And it's "Scar", not "Taka". Don't you remember that buffalo accident?!"
"Only too well... "Scar"." Mufasa closed his eyes for a moment. "I still feel it was my fault for not being there for you."
"You never were, nor are you now. And you won't be after today." Mufasa opened his eyes and was about to respond, but Rafiki had interrupted them. Scar only wished he could share Rafiki's enthusiasm as the old baboon limped towards them.
"It is time."
Mufasa turned his head to look at his brother and Scar realized he suddenly appeared stronger and mature, and not the Muffy he knew. He hated it. He sulked, averting his gaze. Mufasa released a breath and rose to his paws, following Rafiki up along the rocky path to the ledge of Priderock. Scar raised his gaze up to see his brother, the 'Chosen One' hesitantly step onto the ledge. The way his gaze swept across the expectant animals below reminded him of their father. The king tossed his head back and released a roar, claiming his new position as the Lion King. The animals below cried out in approval, Scar being the only exception.

--

"Scar, I need to speak with you. Please, follow me." Scar rolled his eyes and huffed.
"Bless you for this high honor, Your Majesty. I have wished more than anything to share a conversation with the Lion King. What an honor for me!" The look on Mufasa's face showed he didn't find Scar's snide comments as humorous as desired. Scar scoffed. Kings and their lousy sense of humor.
"Scar, this is an important matter. It deals with the management of the Pridelands in the mere future." Scar lifted his head to see a smile on Mufasa's face. The management? After years of Mufasa's ruling, had he finally given his younger brother the chance to rule? Perhaps now he had actually matured...
"Go on."
"Scar, you and I both know that I'm starting to come of a certain age. With me being the oldest, I guess that opens up an opportunity for you to pick fun at me." He flashed Scar an old, playful smile. One that Scar hasn't witnessed in a long time, but he didn't return it.
"Yes? Get on with it!"
"You're just as eager about this as I was! Sarabi and I have done some talking and Scar, you're going to be--" Scar was practically on his toes in suspense. Finally! His dull brother had seen the light! He was finally going to be king! However, Scar hadn't expected what Mufasa actually said.
"--an uncle!" Scar's face dropped.
"...What?"
"You're going to be an uncle! I'm going to be a father!" Scar was wrong. Mufasa hadn't matured at all. He sure knew how to act when it was time to be serious, a characteristic Scar dreaded about him. The king pranced away, muttering something about Sarabi. Scar couldn't care less.
"Yes... Yes, I am going to be an uncle. Ecstatic." So close! He was so close! He was supposed to be first in line for the throne! This wasn't fair! All that had gotten in the way was a little hairball! How could he have his life trampled over by something that wasn't even here yet?!
NukasMomentofGlory
Hey, is it hot in here

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

or is it just me?

Nickname(s): Nuka
Pride Points: 9

Re: I'm Not the One [Old Scar fanfic]

Postby Gyramuur » February 21st, 2014, 4:30 am

Ah, this is sad. I've always felt a sense of sympathy for Scar, because there are various things in the film that suggest he wasn't instrinsically bad; he was just driven to madness, a misunderstood character - a good guy that due to events beyond his control became dour and jealous.

Nothing hints at this more than when in the opening scenes Mufasa orders Scar not to turn his back on him, and Scar replies with "Oh no, Mufasa. Perhaps you shouldn't turn your back on me.", which leads me to believe that Mufasa and Scar had some kind of agreement that Scar would be the next king, or even rule along-side him; an agreement that was defaulted upon when Mufasa got Sarabi with child, subsequently reaving Scar of his future title. No doubt the chance to be king meant a great deal to Scar, and having the one thing he desired above all else torn away from him was enough to drive him to the point of regicide/fratricide.

Anyhow, great fanfiction. ^^ It's always good to see stuff from Scar's point of view.
Gyramuur

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby DragonFromNewYork » March 15th, 2014, 6:21 am

This is a pretty good short story. I've always symphathised with Scar, the poor thing just wanted to be king as much as Mufasa did when they were young and it drove him to do it no matter the cost.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby NukasMomentofGlory » March 18th, 2014, 5:10 am

Thanks for reading this, guys. It's old, but I'm glad some new eyes have seen it.
NukasMomentofGlory
Hey, is it hot in here

or is it just me?

Nickname(s): Nuka
Pride Points: 9

Return to Fan Fictions