A Prince's Struggle

A Prince's Struggle

Postby divsalley » August 8th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Our story begins when the Outsiders have finally joined Simba's Pride and after the marriage of Kiara and Kovu...

Chapter One: A New Beginning

Simba and Nala reminiscently looked at their daughter. They remembered the time when she was so little that she easily slept on their heads... Now she was all grown up with a mate! As they looked on with pride, Kiara nuzzled Kovu and knew she would be very happy with him. Simba and Nala knew that the newlyweds would have to undertake the same journey they had after their wedding. And although Simba was very happy for his daughter, he felt a little sad at losing his little cub to another lion.

"I know what you're thinking, Simba," Nala told him slowly. "She's all grown up now. She has a mate and her first priority from today is him." "Come on, Nala! She's a Queen! She's not an ordinary lioness!" Simba whispered to his mate. Nala smiled at her mate's dilemma, but she knew he meant well. He loved their daughter more than anything. She also knew he was remembering their son, Kopa. He'd been killed brutally by Zira in failed a plot to usurp the throne. Simba had banished her pride to the Outlands for it, but Kiara's words only hours ago made him realize how blinded he'd been with rage.

"Kopa would've been really happy for his sister," Nala said warily, not wanting to upset her mate more. Simba looked at her and nodded with a small smile. He had never told Kiara the full story of her brother's death, fearing she might lose her confidence as the heir to the throne. "I know, Nala. Kopa would've been so happy for his sister." "Mother, Father," they heard Kiara say. They turned around to look at her. "What is it, Kiara?" Simba asked her affectionately. "I think it's time for us to leave," she said simply. Simba sighed and smiled at her.

"Of course... Rafiki... Would you come here, please?" The old shaman came and bowed to his King. "Rafiki, anoint my daughter and her mate... They're leaving on their first journey together." Rafiki smiled and looked at the newlyweds. "May the two of you have many happy years together," the shaman said as he anointed them with the juice of the passion fruit. Kiara nuzzled her father and said, "Thanks for believing in me, father." Simba smiled at her and said, "I'd be a fool not to." She proceeded to nuzzle her mother and slowly left with her mate.

Timon and Pumbaa were standing right there as Kiara left. "Gee, Princess... I just can't believe you're all grown up and married! Good luck, Princess! Have fun!" Timon said. Kiara smiled at him and looked at Pumbaa. He just bowed to her and smiled. "I'll be back soon," she told both of them. Kovu was watching the whole scene. "Wait here, Kiara. I need to speak with your father for a minute." "Sure," Kiara said, smiling. Kovu slowly made his way to Simba and Nala. He was unsure of hoe to begin... He didn't know what a lion had to say at this point.

"Simba... I can't thank you enough for trusting me... for... for everything." "It is I who should thank you. You two gave us the hope of a better and peaceful future. Thank you, Kovu... And take good care of our daughter." "I will," Kovu said, smiling. He started to leave when he heard a voice say, "Leaving without saying goodbye, Kovu?" It was his sister Vitani. Kovu laughed as she nuzzled him lightly and said, "Good luck, my brother!" And so they left. Simba and Nala looked on as a new beginning was about to unfold for all of them.

Chapter Two: A Lioness' Guilt

It had been a week since Kovu and Kiara's departure. Vitani was in deep thought for quite some time now and Simba had noticed that she was preoccupied. One day, as she was resting by the waterhole, she heard someone walk up to her, She turned back to see Simba. "Your Majesty... I was just..." "What's troubling you, Vitani?" he asked her calmly. "Nothing, Your Majesty." "Hmmm... So that's why a young lioness like you is lying here, introspecting, when she could be out exploring," he said with a chuckle. Vitani looked at Simba with sad, remorseful eyes, unable to say a word.

"Have I offended you by saying that?" Simba asked her, a little worried. "No, Your Majesty... It's just... Well, it's about Kopa." The sudden mention of his son's name startled Simba, but what startled him even more was the remorse in her voice. "What about Kopa?" "I liked him... I really did... and yet, when my mother asked me to... I... I disregarded whatever kind feeling I had towards him and helped her trap him! I now realize... that had he been alive today, I would've liked him to be my mate... He was a really nice lion..."

Simba sat down beside her and sighed. He had no idea how close Kopa was to her... He was strongly reminded of how much he'd liked Scar... To be used as bait by him, even though unknowingly, to lure his father into a fatal trap was very saddening. "When I was young, I'd come here with my father for strolls... And then we'd race each other to the meadow over there and play without a care in the world! I realized how much I needed him only after he died." Vitani looked down at the river flowing in front of them.

"I'm terribly sorry about what Scar did to you. I never really knew him." "No one really did... Except, perhaps your mother... He really cared about her, from what my mother used to tell me." "That's probably why she loved him so much." "Yes, probably. My father always told me that he was a good brother to him when they were cubs." "Your Majesty... I need to... leave for a while... I need to find peace. My guilt won't let me take anymore of your kindness and hospitality." "Vitani, you didn't kill Kopa. You didn't strike the deathly blow. That was your mother."

"But I helped!" "You were persuaded by your mother that I was the enemy. Your mind was poisoned against us Pridelanders, as was Kovu's. I don't blame you for what you did then. I judge you now by what you did when the time came to make the decision between right and wrong. You chose the path of peace and prosperity. And from that I can tell you that you are not to blame yourself for Kopa's death. That was Zira's doing and hers alone." "She was a good mother to us all." "I'm sure she was. But her love for Scar clouded her judgment... and uprooted many lives.

"But we recovered from that... as we have from numerous other forces of greed. We're much better today because we suffered then. We know now that we can endure any storm that comes our way." Vitani nodded slowly. Then, looking at Simba with great relief, she said, "Thank you, Your Majesty... I must begin my journey to find myself a mate... I don't know where I'm going to find him, but I'll bring him here for your blessings when I do." "I hope you find what you're looking for. Have a safe journey, Vitani... And come see us whenever you can."

Vitani nodded and ran off into the meadows in the direction of another land. Simba truly hoped that she would find herself a wonderful mate. She was, after all, like a daughter to him. Had she been part of his pride since birth, he would've told her stories of wisdom and the Great Spirit, like his father had to all the cubs of the pride when he was young. Then he walked back to Pride Rock where Nala was resting. He smiled and gently nuzzled her as he sat beside her. "What happened, Simba? Is everything alright?" "Yes, Nala... Everything's fine... I just found out more about Vitani today," he said smiling.

Chapter Three: Happy Reunion

Kovu and Kiara were enjoying themselves in the secluded woods of the Majonzi. They spent most of their time in a small cave by the waterfalls. They hadn't even realized how much time had already passed. Kovu was just out for a drink by the waterfalls when he heard a sudden roar. The next instant he was pinned down by his mate, sputtering for breath. Then he was laughing with her as the wind caressed their fur and his mane. "For a lioness who didn't know how to hunt without making noise, you learned pretty fast to be able to surprise me!" he said.

"I guess I did," Kiara said and licked him on his muzzle. He smiled and licked her on her cheek. She relinquished her grip on his shoulders and they walked towards their cave. "How long has it been since we got here?" Kiara asked him. "I dunno... Three weeks, I guess..." "Kovu," she said, laughing at the mischievous look on his face, "don't you think we should get back?" "Hmmm... I guess you're already bored of seeing me all the time!" he said jovially. "It's not that," she said as she nuzzled him lightly. "We have to resume our responsibilities."

"I guess you're right. If we head out right now, we'll be able to make it to Pride Rock by sunset. We've already spent three wonderful weeks here... We'll have many wonderful years in the Pridelands," Kovu said smiling. "I'm sure we will," Kiara told her mate and started walking towards the Pridelands. Kovu followed her as he marveled his luck. "I'll miss this place," he told her slowly. "I will, too. But I'm sure we'll have as much time for ourselves as we did here. But now we really have to go." "Alright, alright!" Kovu said laughing. "We'll be there by sunset."

At Pride Rock, Simba and Nala were laughing, reminiscing about their days as newlyweds. He'd taken her to the Majonzi, where they'd met as adults, and they'd had a wonderful time there. "I still remember the day we met again. You pinned me down so hard that my back would never be the same again!" Simba said, joking." "Is that so? Then how come your back was fine when you needed it the most?" Nala asked with a twinkle in her eye. Simba laughed at his mate's joke and said, "This is why I married you, Nala! Really!" She smiled at Simba and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I know," she said slowly. "I just hope Kiara and Kovu enjoy just as much happiness as we have until now." "I hope so, too. Do you want to go for a stroll?" "Alright, let's go." They slowly walked towards the river. Zazu was flying to his nest when he saw the couple pass by. "Good evening, Your Majesty... Your Highness!" "Good Evening, Zazu. Your day has been pleasant, I hope?" "It has, Sire..." "We're just going for a stroll by the river," Nala told him. "Of Course, Your Highness! I'll see you in the morning." He bowed and left for his nest.

"He's getting on in years," Simba told Nala. "As are we," she reminded him. "Nala... I was thinking... When Kovu and Kiara return, shall we crown them King and Queen?" "What do you think?" "I think it's time we left it to our future generation... They're the ones with enough strength and courage to handle this now." "Besides, we'll be able to rest more often! We're not getting any younger, Simba!" Simba laughed. "I know... But still, there's a lot to think about." "Hmmm... I guess there is. Let's rest here for a while." "Sure," he said as he slowly sat beside her.

They spent a few hours watching the sunset. Then they slowly walked back to Pride Rock. As they approached the mouth of the cave, they heard voices. "Who could that be?" Simba asked his mate. He walked further only to be nuzzled by his daughter. "Kiara? Oh, this is wonderful!" "Mother!" Kiara exclaimed as she saw Nala. Simba smiled at his son in law and said, "It's good to have you back, Kovu." "It's good to be back, Simba!" "I have to go meet Zazu. Please excuse me for a minute. I'll be back soon." "Can't it wait, father?" Kiara asked with pleading eyes. "Of course," Simba said with a smile.

Chapter Four: Ntini

In a land far away, a young lion quenched his thirst by the river. His fierce, jade eyes were sweeping the landscape ahead of him carefully. He'd been trained to do so since cubhood by his father, and the habit had stayed. He sensed a stranger in this land today. He didn't know why he felt that way, but he did. His lean, strong, frame was covered in a coat of tawny fur. His mane was a windswept brown. He moved carefully and regally, as if he were King. That would hold true the day his father decided to crown him. He would one day rule over these lands.

As he walked back to the den, he drew many admiring glances from the young lionesses of his pride. He was yet to choose a mate, but he was in no hurry. He wanted to make the right choice. His mate would be Queen someday, and he didn't want just any lioness to have that honor. He found his mother Malkia resting at the mouth of the cave. "Back so soon, Ntini?" she asked her son. "You know me, mother... I have no interest in choosing a mate right now. I will choose one when I find a lioness worthy of being Queen." "How very like you father you are!" she told him.

Ntini smiled and walked in to find his father talking to a toucan. He was a large lion with stern, gray eyes, and a jet black mane covering a tawny colored fur coat. He was majestic to say the least. He reminded everyone of Giza, a cold hearted lion who had once ruled over the Pridelands with an iron paw. "You wished to see me, father?" Ntini asked in his deep, arresting voice. "Yes, my son," Adhimu said calmly. "I wished to see you because I want to hand over this Kingdom to you." "Father, I..." "Let me finish," Adhimu said in a firm tone.

"I have accepted your excuses so far, but no more! You will choose a mate in the next three days, or you will let me choose for you! I cannot crown you King without a mate. It is traditional that a Crown Prince must have at least chosen his mate before being crowned." "But father, who amongst all the lionesses here is worthy to become Queen? I just..." "Ntini... when I was your age, I was just as stubborn. But believe me, I met your mother in the most surprising of circumstances, and I couldn't be happier about it."

"But..." "No, Ntini... Even as your father, I must admit that I would like to see you settle down before I leave." "Then so be it, father. I will have chosen a mate by the third day." "Good. I will see you later," he said and left. Ntini was trying hard to control his anger. He'd tried to reason with his father, but in vain. So he just decided to do as he was told for now. "Why doesn't he understand? I just don't find any lioness who is fit to be my Queen!" he thought angrily. "Ntini," he heard his mother call him. "What is it, mother?"

She walked with him and said, "My son, your father and I only want you to be happy! And as for the tradition, he's right. You need to choose a mate before you're crowned! Until now you haven't even begun to know the lionesses of this pride!" "None of them is worthy!" "If you keep delaying it, they'll all have found mates and you will be left alone. Some of them are waiting for you, Ntini! You are Crown Prince, after all!" "And with that title comes responsibility! I have a responsibility towards this Kingdom! I have to choose the right lioness to become Queen!"

"You're being too stringent, Ntini... When you find a lioness you like, try approaching her without thinking what it will mean for her to be your mate in terms of responsibility. Approach her with an open heart and mind." "Alright, mother... I'll try," he said and walked towards the hills to the north. As he waded through the tall grass, he tried to listen for any sign of movement. But just as he got to a clearing, he felt two strong forearms pin him down and crash him into a tree with a roar. He was completely winded. The last thing he saw before he passed out was a pair of beautiful, violet eyes.

Chapter Five: Bittersweet Ceremony

Pride Rock was a cornucopia of festivities that morning. At sunrise, Simba stood at the edge of Pride Rock for the last time as King. He smiled as Rafiki made his way to him. "This will be my last ceremony, Simba... My daughter Busara will take over from me." "What'll you do, then, old friend?" "I'll rest in my tree! It's been a long time, Simba... And I hope I've served you well." "You've served us all magnificently," Simba said as he hugged him. He'd already found a new cave near Pride Rock for him and Nala to stay after the ceremony. They wouldn't be staying with the new King and Queen.

Zazu slowly came and bowed to him. "It has been an honor serving you, Sire. To me, you'll be King for as long as you and I shall live." "Thank you, Zazu. But we now have a job to do. We need to hand this Kingdom over to Kovu and Kiara." "They really have been good for each other, haven't they?" "Yes they have, Zazu..." "Time sure does fly," Rafiki said quietly. "I remember they day I presented you, Simba!" Simba smiled and said, "How did my father feel that day, Zazu?" "Proud to say the least!" the hornbill told him. "Hmmm... I'm sure he's watching over us with pride right now."

Kovu was trying to wake Kiara. She was still sleepy and a little bit tired, but she slowly walked with her mate to her father. "Good morning, you two!" "Morning, dad..." "You alright, Kiara?" "I'm fine, dad..." "Good! You're going to be Queen today!" She smiled lightly at her father and said, " You needn't have done that, father... You could've stayed on." "No, Kiara, it is time. I've been King long enough. Now you have to fulfill your responsibilities," Simba said with an authority that she'd only seen once before, and that was when he was really worried about the Outlands.

"Alright, alright! Let's just finish it." "By the way, it is Rafiki's last ceremony today. He wishes to retire." "Oh... Who's going to be the new shaman then?" "His daughter, Busara." "Oh, alright..." "I've asked him to bring her here today, so we can meet her." "That's a good idea..." Rafiki slowly came with his daughter. She was young, and tutored by her father to perfection. She walked with a confidence that one would rarely see in a lion, let alone a mandrill. She greeted them politely and they welcomed her to her new position as shaman.

Simba roared to the herds assembled below, and signalled for Kovu and Kiara to join him. They stood beside him and Simba backed away, paving way for them. They roared to their subjects as King and Queen. Simba and Nala smiled at each other, knowing that they'd fulfilled all their responsibilities. Then they walked towards their new cave. Kovu and Kiara were now the rulers of this land. After the ceremony, Kiara and Kovu decided to visit her parents at their new cave. It was pleasant and comfortable. "I guess I'll go hunting now. We need the meal," Kiara said slowly.

"You're not going huntung anytime soon, Kiara," Nala said with a smile. "Why is that, mother?" Simba smiled with Nala as she said, "You wouldn't want to be running when you're carrying cubs, do you?" "What?" Kiara and Kovu said, shocked. "Rafiki told me. He noticed it when he anointed you." Kovu smiled and nuzzled his mate. "This is wonderful news, Kiara! I'm so thrilled!" he said slowly. Simba looked at Nala and her smile told him she understood. He nuzzled her lightly and turned to Kovu. "Kovu... Come with me. We have much to talk about," he told his son in law.

"You're less than thrilled, I see," Simba said with a smile after they were a mile away. "Don't get me wrong, Simba... I love Kiara, but I just don't know what to do... I mean... I never knew my father... And my mother was obsessed with killing you! So I just..." "When Kopa was born I felt the same way." "Kopa?" "Kiara's brother... Didn't she tell you about him?" "No, she didn't..." "I don't blame her." "What happened to him?" "He died when he was a cub," Simba said sadly. "How did he die?" "Zira killed him." "What?" "Yes, she did."

Kovu was deeply hurt. More than that, he was ashamed. Zira did all those things for her youngest son... So that he could be King instead of Kopa. "I'm so terribly sorry, Simba... Now I know why you didn't trust me." "But that's behind us. We're much stronger now... Without any of those foes... You'll be a fine father, Kovu... You'll learn with time. I'm sure you'll do just fine." "I think we must get back to them. Kiara must be worried." Simba smiled at Kovu and said, "Knowing her, I'm sure she'll be just fine about the whole thing."

Kovu and Kiara were doing well as King and Queen. They did so with help from Simba and Nala. Since Kiara couldn't go hunt, Nala filled in for her. Simba had asked Nala to get more rest. "Why else did we step aside, then, Nala?" he asked her with a smile. "This is only until Kiara can go hunt on her own. After that, i assure you, you'll be bored of seeing me all the time." "I don't think that's possible," Simba said, nuzzling her lightly. "I'm going for a stroll. I'll see you in the evening." Nala went on her way with the hunting party, and Simba went to the hill overlooking the river for some peace.

Chapter Six: Ntini's Mate

He opened his eyes only to see a beautiful lioness with soft, violet eyes. She had a fringe of fur covering her forehead and was looking at him with concern. "Thank goodness you're alright!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw him open his eyes. Ntini smiled lightly at her and tried to sit up. His head still hurt from the force of the crash. "I'm... I'm so sorry I pinned you down! I've been living here for weeks now and no one's ever come here! So when I heard someone come close, I decided to attack. I didn't know who you were, so..." "Oh, now you know who I am?"

"All I know is you're alone and I needn't have attacked you. You meant no harm, obviously... Your claws weren't even drawn." "I see." "Who are you?" "I'm Ntini. I'm the Crown prince of these lands." "I'm Vitani," she said without a bow. "Oh... Why're you alone?" he asked her slowly. "You must be part of a pride, right?" "I am," he said falteringly. "I'd like to meet them!" Vitani said brightly. "Come with me," Ntini said with a smile. He tried to get up, but his back gave in far too soon. "On second thought," he said with a groan, "we'll go there in the morning."

Ntini watched as Vitani rested for the night. She seemed to have such a charming manner that he was left wondering about whether or not he should ask her about her past... or why she was here. Soon he fell asleep under a mangrove tree. The next morning when he opened his eyes, he found himself looking into Vitani's soft, violet eyes. "Wake up!" she was saying, nudging him awake. "We have to go now!" "Huh? Ok... Ok.. I'm up. Let's go." He slowly got up and led the way to his pride. Vitani looked all around, taking the scenery in.

"This is a beautiful place!" Vitani said as soon as she saw it. "Welcome," Ntini said with a smile, "to Papua." "Papua," Vitani whispered as she heard it. "My father, Adhimu, is our King... for now." "I'd like to meet him," she said immediately. "The King is a very busy lion! You can't expect him to just grant you an audience without considering..." "Are you his son?" she asked sarcastically, as if taunting him. "Of course I am! How dare you suggest otherwise?" Ntini asked, infuriated. "In that case you should have little trouble arranging an audience with the King for me," she said simply.

"Follow me," Ntini said gruffly. They walked to his den and waited outside. "Wait here," he said as he went in. A minute later she was summoned inside. Adhimu was smiling benevolently at her. She tried to return his exuberant smile. "Vitani! I'm so glad you chose to join us! Might I ask why you're here?" "I'm looking for a mate, Your Majesty," she told him plainly. "In that case, my son Ntini here would make a fine mate for you!" "No, not him. He's far too conceited." Adhimu looked crestfallen, but he knew she was right. "Like father, like son," he thought bitterly.

Ntini's mind raced from euphoria to depression in a matter of seconds. He was euphoric when Vitani told her father she was looking for a mate, but the minute she rejected him saying he was too conceited, his spirit plummeted as fast as they'd gone up. This lioness was special... in many ways. He had to get to know her better. He had to woo her. He would have no one else as his Queen. There was just something about Vitani that endeared her to him as much as it incensed him. Then he suddenly recalled what his mother had told him.

"When you find a lioness you like, try approaching her without thinking what it will mean for her to be your mate in terms of responsibility. Approach her with an open heart and mind," she had said. He wondered if it might work... She bowed to Adhimu and left without so much as a glance at Ntini. Adhimu looked at his son and smiled. "Well, won't you go after her?" "I don't know how," Ntini said, dejected. "Lionesses like conversation... Try talking to her as a lion, and NOT as Crown Prince." Ntini nodded and ran after Vitani.

"Vitani! Wait!" he called after her. She stopped and looked back. "Oh... it's you." Ntini frowned. "What's wrong?" "Nothing... I'm just not up for another 'I'm the Crown Prince' monologue." "About that... I really am sorry if I sounded conceited." "Apology accepted. Anything else?" "Will you walk with me?" he asked her eagerly. She gave in. They talked for a long time about many things... Yet Ntini realized she wasn't convinced yet. He was still thinking too much about being important. He didn't know how to stop... and it infuriated him even more.

Days passed and Ntini liked Vitani more and more. One day, Ntini was walking by the meadow when he saw Vitani staring at the stars. He went to her slowly, not wanting to interrupt. He watched her as she smiled slightly at the beautiful sight. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" "Yes, it is..." "When I was a cub, I thought they were fireflies," Ntini said with a chuckle. Vitani had to laugh. "Fireflies?" "Yeah, I know... I never really found out what they actually are, though..." "The Great Kings," Vitani said slowly. "All the Great Kings of the past are up there."

"Really?" he asked her, a little amused. "So I've been told all my life." "I guess we all believe what our parents tell us when we're young..." "I guess so..." "Vitani... Is there any chance you might consider liking me?" She looked at him and smiled slightly. "You're getting better everyday!" Ntini went closer and nuzzled her lightly. Vitani was shocked at first, but it was only for a second. Then she nuzzled him back... It was the beginning of a wonderful union, and the end of Ntini's loneliness. He now knew he was in love with Vitani.

Chapter Seven: Treacherous Attack

They looked up at their mother with curious, inquisitive eyes. When Simba heard the news, he was overjoyed for his daughter. He left with Nala for Pride Rock immediately. Then he saw then in their mother's arms. One of them had a brownish gold coat with fiery, scarlet eyes, just like him. The other one was just like Kovu with dark brown fur and piercing, jade eyes. The third one was just like her mother. Beautiful, enchanting, and mesmerizing. Kovu was smiling proudly at his three cubs. Kiara was looking at them with deep interest.

"So what have you named them?" "Well," Kovu said, pointing to the one that looked like Simba, "He's the eldest. His name's Kiruu. His younger brother is Tanabi, and my daughter's name is K'aaria." SImba smiled and said, "Those are wonderful names! When will they be presented?" "At sunrise tomorrow. Busara is coming here at dawn." "So Kiruu will be presented as Crown Prince?" "Yes, he will be." "Then I only have one thing to say. Don't let the other cubs feel left out in any way. Wherever Kiruu goes, they do as well. After all, they're part of the royal family, too."

Kovu realized why Simba was insisting upon this. "Don't worry, Simba... I will personally see to it that there is no animosity among them." "I hope so too, Kovu. How're you feeling, Kiara?" "Overwhelmed," she said simply. "I know... I felt the same way when we had you," Nala told her daughter. "They're beautiful, Kiara... Look at them! they're so happy!" Nala was right. They were smiling up at all of them. Simba bent down to nuzzle all of them, but they were smothered by his thick mane. He instantly remembered how his father's mane would easily smother him every time he nuzzled him.

As time passed, the cubs grew stronger. Kiruu was strong and rambunctious... running around Pride Rock and causing a ruckus. Tanabi was quiet and playful, where as K'aaria was fiercely independent, just like her mother. They adored their grandparents and the stories they would tell them. Kiruu loved spending time with Simba more than anyone. He would sit back and ask his grandfather to tell him more of Mufasa's stories. "Come on, Grandpa! You said you'd finish it for me!" he would say. "Not without your brother and sister, i won't!" Simba told him sternly.

K'aaria was always by her father's side. She idolized him and adored him more than anyone else. Nala spent most of her time taking care of the cubs while Kiara went hunting, which meant she and Simba would narrate many stories to the curious cubs. One day, when Simba and Nala were taking a nap with the cubs, Zulu, Zazu's heir, came to their den to deliver some news. "Sire, Vitani has arrived for your blessings with her mate, Ntini." Simba smiled at the new majordomo and said, "Ah! Thank you, Zulu! Ask her to meet us here. Lead her here, if you don't mind."

As Simba watched, Vitani climbed up to the den and smiled at him and Nala. "I'm back, Your Majesty," she said weakly. "I'm very happy for you, Vitani. I hope you two will be staying with us for a while?" "Yes, Ntini and I will be staying for a while." "I'm glad to hear it. Simba, I'll show them to their den?" "Of course, nala. I'll see you soon." "Who are those beautiful cubs?" Vitani asked them. "They're your nephews, and that's your niece," Nala told her. "Kovu and Kiara's cubs?" Simba nodded. "That's wonderful news! I'll meet them when they're awake. Thank you, Simba..."

"Welcome to the Pridelands, Ntini," Nala said in welcome. "We hope your stay here is pleasant," Simba said. "I'm sure it will be, Sire." "Come, Ntini! Come meet my old friends!" Vitani said. excited. "I'll see you both later." Simba and Nala nodded to her. They were able to sleep only for a while before the cubs woke up. Kiruu started waking Simba up by scampering all over him, tugging at his ears and tail. K'aaria was doing the same to Nala. Tanabi was trying to wake Simba as well. "Wake up, Grandpa! Come on! We have to go to Pride Rock!" Kiruu said.

"Alright, alright!" Simba and Nala said finally. They got up and walked towards Pride Rock slowly. "Kiruu, stay on the path! I don't want you running off!" Simba told his adventurous grandson sternly. "He's just like you, Simba," Nala said with a smile. Simba nodded with pride. "Now I don't feel so bad about it." They reached Pride Rock where Kovu was animatedly talking to his sister and brother in law. K'aaria ran to Kovu, who nuzzled her affectionately and introduced her to Vitani. Tanabi and Kiruu were busy chatting with their mother. Simba went up to Kovu.

"Kovu, I need to talk to you." "Sure, Simba. Excuse me for a minute, sis!" They walked to the edge. "I think the cubs are ready, Kovu. They're ready to see their Kingdom." "But wouldn't it be awkward for K'aaria and Tanabi?" "Not if you tell them that they're supposed to help their brother whenever necessary. Tell them that they're as needed as he is." "I see your point." "Good. Tell them tonight. Take them tomorrow." "Will you join us, Simba? It'd be great if you'd lead us all." "I'm not their father, and I'm no more the King. It wouldn't be appropriate."

"But you've been King longer than me! And you know these lands better than I do! Please come with us." "Alright, alright!!! I'll be there. I'll see you at the foot of Pride Rock at sunrise." "Grandpa, come on! Let's go the the top of Pride Rock!" "Not today, Kiruu. I'm a little tired, and you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow. You'd better get some rest. I'll talk to you tomorrow, alright?" "Fine," Kiruu said, dejected. Simba placed his massive paw on his tiny shoulders, weighing him down a bit, and said, "Your father and I have a surprise for you tomorrow. He'll tell you all about it."

Kiruu smiled brightly at Simba and went to his father, nagging him to let him know what the surprise was. "Now, now, Kiruu, don't tire yourself. You'll find out soon enough," Kiara told her son. Simba winked at her and left with Nala. "So, you're going with the cubs tomorrow?" "Absolutely... Kovu insisted. Would you like to join us? Kiara will be there, too. It'll be nice to have you there." "Alright, then... I'll come." It was a starry night. Simba looked at the stars as he lay down that night, thinking of seeing his son again... and smiled.

They woke up early next morning and walked to Pride Rock. Kovu, Kiara, and their three cubs were ready to go. They headed towards the hill overlooking the river, circling the entire Kingdom on their way. Simba and Nala each had stories to tell about these places, as did Kiara. Kovu however, was limited to how much he'd learned since his stay here, but he was encouraging his cubs everytime they answered Simba's questions correctly. And this way, he learned what to expect. As tthey approached the hill overlooking the river, Simba looked grave.

Kiara knew why. When her father had told her about her ancestors, she'd been overwhelmed. "It is time you learned about your ancestors," she said slowly. And then Simba and Kiara narrated the story to them. They were fascinated by it. Kovu was moved, too. Nala smiled at the enthusiasm in her mate's voice. "Now, my cubs, it is time to go explore," Kovu told them as they finished asking questions about the story. Simba nodded at the cubs and left with Nala. They slept in their cave for a while before Nala had to leave for a hunt.

Then, suddenly, a wounded Pumbaa came to Simba, trying to nudge him awake. "Simba, come quick! It's Kiruu!" "Huh? What? What's happened to him?" "He wandered off into leopard territory! Timon got badly beaten up for making them chase him instead, and Kovu can't get here coz he's stuck in a buffalo brawl!" "Lead the way!" Simba said firmly. They raced towards the murky swamp across which the meadow lay. He could see the leopards cornering Kiruu. He roared with rage and started dueling the leopards. "Run, Kiruu!" he told his grandson.

He didn't need to be told twice. As Simba furiously battled the leopards, Pumbaa took the cub to safety. Simba was getting tired. He didn't have the strength he used to earlier. But he battled nevertheless. One of them had been knocked out. But the one Simba was battling had wounded him badly. Simba dealt him a deadly blow. But just as he was about to leave, the leopard bit into Simba's shoulder. Simba roared in pain and tried to fight him off, but his wounds had weakened him. Then, suddenly, Kovu was there. He helped Simba fight the leopard off.

Then he watched as Simba fell, groaning in pain. Pumbaa rushed to his friend and looked at Kovu. Then he looked at the small meerkat who'd been his best friend. Timon was dead. Kovu carried Simba over his shoulders and walked to Pride Rock. Zulu flew towards them and looked scandalized. "What happened, Sire?" "Ask Busara to come to Pride Rock immediately. We need her help." "Kovu, what happened?" Kiara asked her mate as she saw her injured father. "Where's Kiruu?" he asked her simply. "I've already had a talk with him, Kovu... He's sad enough already."

"I'd like a word with him. You go call Nala." "Don't be too hard on him," she said and left. "Kiruu! Come here, please." Kiruu came running to his father. "It was my fault, dad! I'm so sorry I went there! How's grandpa?" Kovu looked back, motioning his son to look that way. Kiruu was shocked. "Grandpa!" he screamed and started to run to him, but Kovu stopped him. "I'm very disappointed in you, Kiruu! You could've been killed! Exploring is different from being downright reckless!" "I'm... I'm sorry, dad, I..." "I know you are," Kovu said as he looked at Simba, "But I don't think that's going to help him."

Chapter Eight: King of The Past

Nala sat by her mate anxiously as he lay there, injured and weak. "I'm so sorry, grandma! I didn't mean for grandpa to get hurt," Kiruu said tearfully. "I know, little one... I just hope he'll be fine." "Nala," they herad Simba say slowly. "Oh, Simba! Thank the Great Kings you're alright!" "Is Kiruu ok?" "He's fine, Simba..." "And Pumbaa?" "I'm right here, Simba," the warthog said. "Timon died, didn't he?" Simba asked sadly. "Yes, he did," Nala said. Kiruu went to his grandfather slowly. "Grandpa... Can you forgive me?" "For what, Kiruu?" "For putting you in danger!"

"No, Kiruu... Don't be sad. I've been a cub... I know what it feels like... And it would be wrong if I chastise you for something I couldn't stop myself from doing at your age." "I swear to you, grandpa, that when I'm King, I'll be brave and strong like you! I can't wait!" "Don't ever let me hear you say that again!" "But why?" "You get to be this young only for a while. Enjoy it while you can. Responsibilities will come, all in good time," Simba said as he winced in pain. Busara had administered some medicines for the wounds, but they didn't seem to want to heal.

Kiruu left with his siblings to play. As the other two chased each other, they noticed Kiruu lying alone, looking sad. "What's wrong, Kiruu?" K'aaria asked her brother. "Yeah, buddy... What's wrong? You ok?" Tanabi asked him, concerned. "I've hurt grandpa," Kiruu said sadly. "Well, grandpa's gonna be fine!" K'aaria said adamantly. "What if he doesn't get better? What if something happens to him?" "Then we're here for you, bro! You didn't mean to get into trouble. It just sort of happened! I'm sure mom and dad will understand." "But what about grandma?"

"Well, she's really understanding, too! She won't hate you! None of us will!" "Thanks, you guys!" Kiruu said, brightening up a bit. Then they played all afternoon and returned to Pride Rock, tired and dirty. Kiara cleaned them up and asked them to rest for a while. Then she went to watch her father. "Is he doing any better?" "No," nala said sadly. "Those wounds are too deep! And you're father's not as young as he used to be!" "Kiruu feels terrible," Kiara said. "The poor cub! He shouldn't blame himself." "I told him that, so did Kovu..." "I'll tell him myself tomorrow," Nala said calmly.

The next morning, as K'aaria, Tanabi, and Kiruu went out to play, Nala summoned Kiruu to her, asking the others to go ahead. "Kiruu, do you blame yourself for what happened to your grandfather?" "It's my fault!" Kiruu said, cracking up. He was close to tears. "Calm yourself, Kiruu! Your grandfather's a strong lion! He's faced worse than this! And even if he doesn't survive this, no one is going to blame you for it. He's lived his life. He's seen his grandchildren... and he's fulfilled all of his responsibilities. Don't you worry about that, alright?" Kiruu nodded sadly and went after his siblings.

The moon waxed and waned, but Simba's wounds didn't heal. He was still in pain, and he was still weak. The cubs would often sit by him and talk to him, but he only nodded slightly in response. Sometimes, when they told him something funny, they could see his lips curve into a smile. Kiruu felt worse and worse everyday he watched his grandfather. On a starry night, they were all gathered around him, knowing what was to happen. Nala nuzzled him lightly. Kiara tried not to lose her composure, but Kovu knew she would crack soon...

The cubs were trying to coax Simba to live. "Come on, grandpa! You're so brave! Can't you just get past this?" K'aaria said. Tanabi looked at Simba sadly. "Don't leave us, grandpa! We need you here," he said. Kiruu was the saddest. "I'm so, so sorry, grandpa! I shouldn't have gone there! Now you're..." Simba slowly placed his massive paw on Kiruu's shoulders. "Just remember what I told you, Kiruu... And be a good King," he said in a low, pained voice. "As for you two," he told K'aaria and Tanabi, "Guide your brother well! He needs you." The two cubs nodded.

Then he looked at Kovu and Kiara. "You've done wonderfully well... both of you. Continue to do so." "Yes, father," Kiara told her father slowly. "Nala, guide them until you can... I'll always be with you... all of you," Simba said slowly and closed his eyes, never to open them again. Kiruu ran to him and tried to nudge him awake, but Kovu stopped him. "Dad, I..." "I'm so sorry, son... I know how much he meant to you." Kiruu buried his head in his father's foreleg and cried. Kovu tried to console his son, but he couldn't bring Kiruu to stop crying.

Tanabi and K'aaria were being consoled by their grand mother. Kiara looked numbly at her father, unable to say anything. It shocked her to see her father dead. She nuzzled him one last time and lowered her head as a sign of mourning. They all followed suit. Then then Kovu let out a low growl, sadly commemorating the loss of a great King. Then they looked to the skies, searching for a sign amongst the stars for the presence of the new King of the Past. And they found him shining brightly by the moon, home at last, with the other Great Kings of the Past.

Chapter Nine: A New Era

Simba's death brought a mist of gloom upon the pride. He was one of the greatest Kings this land had ever seen. Although Kovu and Kiara were trying their best to console a very disheartened Kiruu, it was Nala who was finally able to ease his pain. She asked him to walk with her one day. He did so reluctantly. "Kiruu, you really shouldn't blame yourself for what happened to your grandfather." "But grandma, I was the reason he had to get hurt!" "Kiruu, when your grandfather was a cub, he lost his father in a tragic accident.

"And until he died, he blamed himself for it. It made him so weak at one point that he'd lost sight of what was right, and made some very rash decisions your mother helped him correct later. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want you to hold on to this guilt. I don't want you thinking about this all the time. Promise me that you will stop blaming yourself for his death." Kiruu looked sadly at his grandmother, unsure of what to say. "Promise me, Kiruu," Nala said insistently. Kiruu had no choice but to say, "I promise, grandma... I won't blame myself for what happened."

Nala had moved back into Pride Rock. She'd stopped going with the hunting party because her body wouldn't allow it. She was weakening slowly, and Kiara knew it. Her father's loss was weighing heavily on Kiara's mind... She didn't want to lose her mother, too. The cubs were growing fast. Kiruu and Tanabi were gowing broader and longer, and K'aaria was developing her mother's slender, sleek, build. Kiara usually tended to Nala whenever she could, but she knew her end was near. And as the moon waned, so did Nala's life. She finally joined her mate.

Kovu and Kiara were doing fine as King and Queen. The herds prospered and there was enough food and water for everyone. They had good rains that year. The three cubs were closer than ever, not letting any animosity cloud their judgment. Kiruu had started to grow a magnificent, reddish brown mane just like his grandfather's. Tanabi grew to look more like his father everyday. K'aaria had already shown great prowess as a huntress and had many of her mother's fierce traits, which Kovu adored her for, and scared him, too.

"She's growing up to be more like you everyday!" he would tell Kiara. "I guess she is," Kiara said with a smile. "She sure is gonna be a handful to her mate!" he said jovially. Kiara nuzzled him and said, "You'll be glad for it someday... Trust me." He knew she was right. They watched as their three cubs played together and enjoyed each other's company. Soon they would choose mates for themselves and go their separate ways. They were growing up so fast... They still remembered the day they were born, tiny and defenseless. Now they'd grown to be big and strong.

Kovu started to take Kiruu on his strolls. He told his son how important it was for him to relate to every creature in this Kingdom to be able to do what was best for them. Kiruu understood, but still doubted his abilities. He still remembered his grandfather from time to time, wishing he hadn't strayed into leopard territory. But nothing could prepare him for the reaction he got from his mother one day as he came back from a refreshing run. "You look just like your grandfather, Kiruu!" she told him simply. He simply flopped onto the ground with guilt.

"Kiruu, don't blame yourself for what happened to him... He's home now... He was so proud of you!" Kiruu got up and left. He knew his mother would say this, but his heart wouldn't allow him to let go of what happened. He would have nightmares about it often... He would see Simba battling one of the leopards, and then he'd see him bruised and bloody, fallen... dead... Then he'd wake up, drenched in sweat. On this particular night, his dream had evolved. Simba was screaming for Kiruu, and he couldn't help him because he was so little. He didn't know what to do.

He slowly walked to the very top of Pride Rock. Then he sat there, looking at the stars. "Grandfather... I need to talk to you," he said in a deep, calming voice. "Please... I need to know that you're not mad at me... I still regret the day I wandered off... Please let me know you're ok!" he pleaded. As he watched, a star shone brightly, letting him know that he was listening... and that he was fine. A whiff of air caressed him, sending his grandfather's love to him and his siblings. Kiruu was finally free. His grandfather had forgiven him.

Tanabi had perfected the art of dueling, as had Kiruu. Both of them playfully challenged each other often. K'aaria's prowess as a huntress was famed. She was getting better everyday. It was time for them to be presented to the Pridelands as adults. Kovu and Kiara had decided to hold a ceremony for the event. K'aaria would formally be sent on her first hunt... Tanabi would begin his journey to find a mate. Kiruu would be declared Crown Prince, and he too would begin his journey to find a mate. Busara had been summoned to Pride Rock.

Kovu and Kiara couldn't be more proud. Their cubs had grown peacefully without any hostility towards each other. There were times when Kiruu and Tanabi had their arguments, but they usually sorted them out soon. Tanabi had made it clear that he felt no ill will towards his brother and hoped that he would rule with love, kindness, and peace. K'aaria, being Kiruu's little lioness, only wished him great happiness, and he wished her the same. They watched as K'aaria went on her very first hunt. Tanabi had been presented as an adult lion with much fanfare.

"Take care of yourself, Kiruu! Let me know if you need anything, alright, bro?" "I will... Take care of yourself... Stay safe." Tanabi nodded at his brother and left after nuzzling his mother. Then it was time for him. The herds bowed to him, and he roared to them with as much confidence as he could muster. Then he left for lands unknown to find himself a mate. Kovu and Kiara wondered how fast their cubs had grown up. "This is the beginning of a brand new era for all of us," Kiara slowly told her mate. "I couldn't agree more, Kiara," he told her with a smile.

Chapter Ten: Papua's Prince

He was born at sunrise to the new King and Queen of Papua. Ntini and Vitani looked at their newborn cub Malka with wonder. He smiled up at his mother and tried to paw at her face playfully. Vitani licked her son lightly and nuzzled him. Ntini couldn't believe that he'd just become a father. Although he was unsure at first, he now knew that there was a lot Malka needed to learn. He vowed to give this Kingdom a Prince like no other. Malka was that Prince. He was destined for it, and Ntini would see to it that his son fulfilled his destiny.

As time went by, Malka grew into a strong, rambunctious Prince, but one with dignity and Pride in what he was born into and what he was destined for. Vitani always told her mate that he was being too hard on their son about what he was supposed to do, but Ntini insisted that Malka needed the guidance that she so leniently forgot to bestow upon him. Vitani was taken aback at Ntini's attitude. "He's just a cub, Ntini! He can learn all that once he grows up!" "No, Vitani... You don't understand!" "I understand perfectly, Ntini...

"When I was a cub, my mother trained me and Kovu hard so we could dethrone Simba and get the Pridelands for ourselves. I realized only after looking at our son as to how much I'd missed as a cub! He's an innocent little lion right now! Don't ruin that for him. When he needs guidance, he'll come to us. Right now, he needs love and protection, both of which I offer him everyday. So don't tell me I don't understand. And promise me you'll ease up on him. Please... I don't want him to go through the same thing that i did." "Alright, alright! I promise," Ntini said finally.

Malka grew up to be a spitting image of his father. Most of the young lionesses in the pride admired his tawny fur and windswept, brown mane. His fierce, jade eyes were arresting to say the least, and his voice had a calming effect like his grandfather's. Ntini was proud of how responsible his young son had turned out to be, but what surprised him was that he'd already chosen his mate. Her name was Naomi, and Malka was very much attached to her. Ntini had told his son several times to consider his decision carefully, but Malka knew who he wanted as his mate.

Vitani fully supported her son's decision and secretly agreed with Malka's decision to set his pride aside and acknowledge his need for Naomi as his mate. But Ntini's indifference to Naomi's greetings was infuriating to her. At one point, she was so angry with him that she refused to walk with him to watch the sunset as they usually did every evening. "What's wrong, Vitani?" he asked his mate with concern. "Our son is getting married soon. You should be happy for him. Instead, you're completely disregarding our Future Queen!" Ntini's face now turned grave.

"Naomi will not be my son's mate! I won't allow it! She's not worthy of him!" "Shouldn't Malka be the judge of that?" "Our son will be King someday! He has responsibilities to think about before he goes frolicking around with a lioness! And lately, that's all he seems to be doing!" "Don't you remember how we were when we first decided to mate?" Vitani asked him seriously. "Vitani, I..." "He loves her, Ntini! Why can't you accept that?" "But I just..." "Ntini... our son is old enough to make his own decisions! And when the time comes, he'll be able to make the right decisions as King.

"Until then, we need to guide him. We need to help him." "Alright... I'll have a talk with him," Ntini said, finally giving in. But something nagged him. His son had been too hasty. Why couldn't Vitani understand? He walked to the waterhole where his son was resting. "Enjoying the sunset?" Ntini asked his son. "Father... Yes, I am," Malka said slowly. "Malka... I want to ask you something." "What is it, father?" "Why do you want to marry Naomi so soon?" "I need her father... I need her more than I'll ever know. She's become a part of me. And I'd never want to let go of that."

"But son, did you even consider whether or not she'd make a good Queen?" "Why should I think of that when I'm not sure I'd make a good King?" Malka said, laughing. "You were born into royalty. That means something." "No, dad, it doesn't. We all have our place in this pride. Even as King, I won't be above the laws of this land. I'll merely be enforcing them. Even the King is answerable to a higher power... to this land... and to the Great Kings." Ntini was stunned at his son's wisdom. He realized his son was right. "Very well, my son... I hope you're happy. That's all."

Malka was ecstatic the day he was declared Crown Prince and married off to Naomi. Ntini looked happy, but he wondered how his son found it so easy to accept someone else's power over him. Vitani was very happy for her son. He nuzzled her lightly before he left with Naomi. "Take care of yourself, mother. i'll be back soon," he told her. "i will, my son. Have a safe journey, you two!" Ntini wished his son happiness and smiled at Naomi before the newlyweds left. Ntini smiled and said, "I'm going to miss having an unmarried son," he told her jovially. Vitani didn't smile.

Chapter Eleven: The Nje

Zira's old Kingdom was now flourishing. After the Outsiders joined Simba's pride, the King had gladly ruled over these lands for them. Under his prosperous rule, and now under Kovu and Kiara's, the land had transformed from a lifeless, barren plain to a beautiful paradise. Kovu had offered this land to his sister as a wedding present, but Vitani had refused. Kovu was walking on these beautiful plains one day when he remembered the conversation he'd had with his sister before she'd left. He smiled at the thought of her, and hoped she was happy.

"Vitani, come on! It's a present! Take it! Ntini would be glad for it! Papua's not a big Kingdom!" "You know how sensitive he is about that, Kovu! I can't hurt him more by accepting the Nje from you!" "Tell him it's your inheritance from mother! Now that won't be a lie!" "But he'd still feel belittled!" "Vitani... it's only..." "Not to him, it isn't. Look, I love you very much, and I'm grateful for the gesture. But I can't accept this gift! I just can't!" "Mother wouldn't like it if she knew I would rule over it." "She wouldn't be happy knowing it would end up with me, either."

"Hmmm... I guess you're right. Well, for now, it'll stay with me. Should you ever feel like taking me up on my offer, then don't hesitate," Kovu said affectionately. "Thank you, my brother... And now I must leave. Give your cubs my love," she said and left. He'd felt sad at the fact that she'd refused his gift, but he know that Vitani was right. So he decided not to force her to take it from him. He'd walked back to Pride Rock and told Kiara about the whole incident. "She was right to refuse," she said quietly. "At least for now. She'll let you know if she changes her mind," she said.

Now, as he walked back home, he remembered his sister and the strange message she'd sent him. Zulu had quietly come to deliver the message to him. So he'd rushed back to Pride Rock to meet Vitani. Her request couldn't be more pleasant, nor could it have been more sudden. But as Kovu had already agreed to what she was asking of him now, he didn't find anything odd about it. Kiara was happy about it too. Everything would soon be finalized. Vitani had finally accepted his offer to take over the Nje.

Chapter Twelve: Ntini's Dilemma

Papua had not received enough rains this year. The land was now in turmoil. With water so scarce, a truce had to be declared at the one waterhole where everyone came to for water. This created a scarcity of food. So one day when Ntini walked into a surprisingly green pasture, he was curious. Then a bird came to tell him that he had crossed into the Pridelands. "The Pridelands?" Ntini asked the bird, astonished. "Yes, sir... This was once the Outlands. Ever since Simba joined the two prides, this land has become part of our Kingdom."

"Thank you... I'll leave, then," Ntini said and walked back. He had to talk to Vitani about it. He realized this was a long way away from home. When he finally reached Papua, he fund Vitani resting by the dried waterhole. Something in Ntini's mind was racing ahead of him, making him think of unspeakable things... of murder... treachery, and greed... He shook the feeling off and approached his mate. "Vitani... I need to talk to you about something." She looked at him and smiled. "Of course... What's bothering you?" she asked him.

"What do you know about the Nje?" he asked her lightly. Her expression changed quickly. "Why do you ask?" "Because I was taking a stroll... a very long stroll... and I crossed into your brother's borders by accident." "Oh?" "Yes... And what's strange is that they seem to be doing fairly well!" "I'm not surprised... The Great Spirit has always favored the Pridelands," she said flatly. "We need to have a talk with your brother. I think I saw his majordomo when I went there." "What do you want to discuss with him?" Vitani asked him.

"I cannot give this Kingdom to my son in this state! He deserves better!" "He's my son, too. And this is not just your Kingdom to give! It's ours... We need to do this together!" "Which is why I'm asking you to have a talk with your brother. Ask him... if he can spare the Nje for us..." "I..." "Vitani... this is for Malka! You know he deserves better!" "Fine... but don't blame me later when you think it belittles you." "I promise you, it won't belittle me. Please go have a talk with him." "Fine, I will. I'll go there tomorrow and send a message through Zulu."

So the next day, Vitani walked into the Nje. It took a long while, but she managed it just fine. She found Zulu flying towards the waterhole. "Zulu! ZUlu, come here for a minute, please!" "Vitani? Is that you?" "Yes," Vitani said, smiling. "I'd like an audience with my brother. Let him know, please... I'll be at Pride Rock." "Absolutely, Vitani! What else should I tell him?" "Tell him that I've decided to take him up on his offer," Vitani said slowly. "Alright, then! I'll see you at Pride Rock!" "Thank you, Zulu! I'll wait at Pride Rock."

She slowly walked to Pride Rock and found Kiara there. "Vitani! What a pleasant surprise! What're you doing here?" "I'm here to see you and your mate," Vitani said with a smile. "That's wonderful!" "Where are your cubs?" "They're not cubs anymore! All of them have gone their separate ways, trying to find mates for themselves." "Ah! How wonderful!" "And how's Malka getting along?" "He and Naomi are married now. They've left on their journey." "So how's everything at Papua?" "Not good, I'm afraid... That's why I'm here... That's why I need to talk to both of you."

"Vitani?" they heard Kovu's voice call out to his sister. "Hi, Kovu... How've you been?" "I've been just fine... So... you've finally decided to take us up on our offer, eh?" "If it still stands, that is." "What say, Kiara?" Kovu asked his mate. "I think it's a wonderful idea. It'll help your Kingdom, Vitani," she said with a smile. "Thank you... both of you! I'll return now..." "No," Kovu said firmly. "You will stay here for the night. I'll have Zulu send a message to Ntini. You can leave in the morning once you've had some rest." "Alright, Kovu... Thank you. I'll leave in the morning."

Chapter Thirteen: Greed

Ntini was thrilled upon acquiring the Nje for himself. He didn't know how Vitani had convinced her brother to do it, but he was glad she did. His Kingdom was better now... It was greener, and they had a little more food. Soon, there was enough for the water truce to be lifted. Ntini was overjoyed about the whole thing, but Vitani seemed a little sad. But what he didn't know was that he was what was bothering her. His recent change in attitude was scaring her for many reasons. He'd suddenly turned greedy and selfish...

Ntini hadn't noticed this growing trait until one day when he looked at Pride Rock and felt a need to usurp it from Kovu. Acquiring the Nje had been thrilling. How thrilling would it be for him to strip Kovu and Kiara of their titles and honor? Ntini smiled lecherously at the thought. He tried to shake it off when he was walking back home, but it lingered at the back of his mind, which was already scheming a plot for the takeover. As he approached Vitani that evening, he tried to shake the thought off and smiled at her, but she knew something was wrong immediately.

"What is it, Ntini?" she asked him, a little worried. "Nothing... nothing... Just preoccupied... I'm just so happy our Kingdom is finally prospering!" "Yes, it is," she said, a little skeptical. "When are Malka and Naomi returning?" Ntini asked her. "Well, they should be back in a few days." "That's good!" Ntini said, smiling. "Is everything ok, Ntini?" Vitani asked him. "I'm fine, Vitani... I'm fine. Shall we go back home now?" "Alright... Let's go home," she said slowly and they left. Ntini was still lingering on his plan, slowly formulating it.

"So, how're their cubs?" he asked her. "They're all grown up! All of them have gone to find mates for themselves!" "I bet they'll be successful," Ntini said with a smile. "Yes, I hope so too... Anyway, I was thinking... Once Malka and Naomi return, we should make them King and Queen." "That would be a great idea!" Vitani said sincerely. Ntini nuzzled her lightly, and felt some of his schemes evaporate as she nuzzled him back. "You know, Vitani... When that happens, we'll have a lot more time to spend with each other," he told her with a smile.

Ntini couldn't sleep that night. He kept thinking of a plan to dethrone Kovu and Kiara. And then he found one... It was brilliant! It would work like a charm... He just had to talk to Vitani about this carefully. Otherwise, she might take him the wring way. He thought about the plan carefully... and he realized it was fool proof... But it would also be very difficult if it went wrong. They would be ripped to shreds if the whole thing unraveled. The plan had consumed him too much for him to be able to think of anything else.

He's finally decided to approach Vitani about the whole plan. He found her walking by the river where they'd first met. He smiled at the thought. "Vitani... I need to talk to you," Ntini said quietly. "What's going on?" she asked him. "Well, I've just come to notice how small Papua really is... I mean... it's not a big Kingdom..." "That may be true, but it's a beautiful Kingdom, nevertheless," she said with a smile. "Now the Pridelands... That's a huge Kingdom!" "I suppose," Vitani said slowly, sensing where this might be going. "And I was thinking of expanding," Ntini said calmly.

"Really?" Vitani asked him, knowing now what was going to happen. "Yes... In fact, I was thinking of leading a scouting party there to find out more about their defences." "No, Ntini..." "What do you mean, no?" "That's my brother's Kingdom. I can't let you take that away from him." Ntini looked like he'd been dealt a fatal blow. "But this is for Malka!" Ntini said, crestfallen. "Stop making this about Malka! This has always been about your greed! You've changed for the worse, Ntini! I've noticed it! And I won't allow you to ravage my brother's Kingdom!"

Ntini was now boiling with fury. He watched as his plan crumbled because Vitani wouldn't support him. Then something else clouded his judgment... his greed. "If I spare her now, she'll go warn him! I can't let go of this opportunity!" he thought as he drew his claws and slashed them across her face. She fell, writhing in agony, as she looked at her mate in fear. "What are you doing?" she asked him weakly. "Tying up some loose ends!" he said calmly. "I can't have you running off to warn your brother about this!" he said as he struck her again. This time, she didn't get up.

Chapter Fourteen: The Bearer of Bad News

Kovu and Kiara were taking a stroll as planned. They were discussing handing the Kingdom over to Kiruu once he got back. That's when Zulu found them. "I have good news, Your Majesty... Your Highness!" "Go on, Zulu," Kiara said. "K'aaria has married the Prince of Kisouli! She had sent their majordomo to give me the news!" "That's wonderful news, Zulu!" Kiara said. "Thank you for informing us about this," Kovu said with a smile. After Zulu left, Kiara looked at him and asked him, "Sad that your little lioness is all grown up and married?" "A little bit, but I'll be fine."

Time passed and they learned that Tanabi had found his mate in the Princess of the Majonzi. Kovu and Kiara were very happy for him. They were waiting for news from Kiruu. The moon waxed and waned, but they got no news from their eldest son. Kovu and Kiara thought that Kiruu might just have forgotten to send his parents a message. Kiara, though was worried. "Kiruu could be in danger!" she told Kovu. We have to do something!" "We'll wait just a little longer, Kiara... If, by sunset tomorrow, we have no news from Kiruu, we'll go after his trail and try to find him. I promise," Kovu told her.

The next morning, Zulu came to them, agitated. "Your Highness! It's Ntini! He's here with some very bad news!" she told Kiara. "What's wrong, Zulu?" Kovu asked her calmly. But Ntini was there in a flash and said, "It's Kiruu! He's in trouble!" "What? What do you mean?" Kiara asked him. "Well... I don't know everything, but... but Vitani told me that he was on his way to Kisouli, and... and he was attacked by leopards." "Leopards?" Kovu asked, a little skeptical. "Yes... Vitani died trying to save him from them. After that, i don't know what happened! I just..."

Kovu tried to digest everything Ntini had just said. Vitani was dead... and Kiruu could be, too... He had to do something! "Ntini, stay here while we go and try to track Kiruu. You're responsible for the Pridelands until our return! Thank you for telling us about this," Kiara said with anguish in her voice, "and I'm sorry about Vitani." Ntini nodded to them and watched as they ran off towards Kisouli. His face broke into a malicious grin as he savored his success. Kiruu would be dead by the time they found him... and that was the whole purpose of it!

Kovu and Kiara were running as fast as their legs would take them. There were so many things bothering them at that very moment... Vitani was dead... and worse... Kiruu could be dead as well... They reached the boundaries of their Kingdom soon enough. Kovu wanted to rest there for the night, but Kiara insisted that they get a move on. "Our son could be dead, Kovu! I want to get to him before it's too late!" Kovu looked at her for a second and nodded. Then they plodded on in search of their son. Suddenly, they heard signs of movement.

"Kiruu?" Kiara called out hopefully. The silhouette of a lion was visible now. Kiara walked towards it, but then, more silhouettes joined in, so she stopped. "No!" she heard the lion say. Then he stepped forward. It was Malka. "Thank goodness you're here, Malka! You need to help us!" "Why should I help you when you killed my mother?" "What?" "We didn't..." "Attack!" Malka roared to the lionesses behind him. They ran forth and mauled the unprepared couple. They tried to fight them the best they could, but there were too many of them.

They weren't spared until the life was clawed out of them. Malka looked at them with disgust and said, "That's for killing my mother! And when I find Kiruu, I'll finish him off, as well." Then he left them to die there. Kovu and Kiara breathed their last, not knowing whether their son would survive Malka's vicious attack. Malka walked back to the Pridelands and never looked back. He just knew that his mother had finally been avenged. "They're finished now, father," he told Ntini at Pride Rock. "You've done well, my son... Only Kiruu remains now... And when he returns, we'll give him a special welcome."

Chapter Fifteen: Ntini's Lies

After he'd killed Vitani, Ntini carefully washed his bloody claws off by the river. Then he walked home only to find Malka and Naomi waiting for him. "Malka!" Ntini said with a smile. "I'm glad you're home, my son." "I am, too father... Where's mother?" "She... well, I... Malka," Ntini said, trying to figure out how he could tell his son what had happened. Then came the master stroke. "Your mother's dead, Malka." "What? What happened to her?" Malka asked him, shocked. "Our Kingdom wasn't doing very well, Malka... So I'd asked a favor of her..." "What kind of favor?"

"Well, you see... these neighboring lands... the Nje... They're part of Kovu's Kingdom." "Ok, so?" "Well, I'd asked her to go talk to her brother about giving us the Nje... because we were facing tough times. He refused... and when she asked him again, he struck her, and killed her." "What?" Malka asked incredulously. "He killed his own sister?" "Yes, he did," Ntini said sadly. "He couldn't have!" Malka said firmly. He remembered his loving Uncle Kovu. That lion couldn't have killed his own sister. "Father, please consider what you're saying!" "Would I lie to you about this?" Ntini asked in a choked voice.

Malka considered this. He was too shocked to say anything. Naomi looked at him and said, "You're father's right, Malka... He would never lie to us about something like this." Malka looked at his father and said, "I'm sorry I ever doubted you, father... I'm sure you're too sad to think about anything else right now... But I... Well... Tell me what I need to do." Ntini looked at his son with his jade eyes emanating hatred. "We need to avenge her! We need to kill all of them! They all have to die for what they did to your mother!" he spat. "Not Kiruu, as well!" Malka said, horrified.

"Whatever Kovu and Kiara did, they did because of Kiruu! So he is responsible as well!" "Calm down, father! We will avenge her! I promise you! I'll help you do it, as well! We need a plan!" "I already have one," Ntini said slowly. "Then tell us what it is," Naomi said. "I'll lead the lionesses if need be." Ntini nodded and said, "I'll go to the Pridelands and tell Kovu and Kiara that Kiruu is in trouble. They'll rush towards the Kisouli... That's when you will intercept them with all our lionesses!" "Alright... Then what about Kiruu?"

"He'll come back eventually... Then we'll give him a proper welcome." "Fine... So when are you going to the Pridelands?" "I'll start at dawn tomorrow. So I should be there by early morning. You'll have to wait by the clearing. There's only one way to Kisouli from the Pridelands... You know where you have to stay." "Yes, father." "And Naomi, I'm counting on you to get the attack right. Once we get there, there's no turning back. You won't have time to think... You won't be able to change your mind," Ntini said seriously. "Yes, Your Majesty," she said and bowed. "We'll be ready for them."

They were successful. Kovu and Kiara were dead. Kiruu had no inkling of what he'd see when he came home. And if, by any chance, he survived the ambush created by the leopards, he would be outnumbered when by the lionesses living here. His master stroke included one, tiny change in their story... That it was Kiruu who had plotted his own parents' death to get to the throne early, which left Ntini in charge to convince the pride even more. With Malka as his heir, he knew his objective was complete. The Pridelands was now his without dispute.

Chapter Sixteen: Zulu's Tale

Zulu was watching sadly from her nest as Ntini announced the news of Kovu and Kiara's death to the rest of the pride. He seemed genuine enough, but when he suggested that Kiruu was responsible for the whole thing, Zulu knew something fishy was afoot. Kiruu would never harm his parents. He was sad enough when his grandfather died just because he'd tried to rescue him. It would be torture to him if he had even a very small part to play in his own parents' death. That was when she'd decided to talk to Ntini. She had to clear some things up.

"Sire," she said slowly as she perched herself upon a rock near him, "before you suggest that Prince Kiruu had anything to do with this tragedy, shouldn't you have evidence?" "Evidence? What more do you need? Could it be more obvious?" "Yes, Sire, it could! And until you show me substantial evidence that the Prince had anything to do with these deaths, I don't believe you!" she said. Ntini tried to claw at her, but she was too fast for him. She flew away as soon as possible to her nest. She'd done the damage she'd set out to do to Ntini's theory.

Zulu's speech had encouraged the lionesses of Pride Rock to rethink the situation. Ntini cursed the hornbill's loyalty and tried to reason with the lionesses present there. "Look... when Kiruu returns, we'll find out exactly what happened. We'll coax the truth out of him. But until then, I will preside over these lands and the herds living here." The lionesses nodded slowly, not knowing who else to turn to at this point. Ntini was related to Kovu, and he did seem to have honorable intentions... therefore, it only seemed wise that he take care of everything for a while.

Zulu, on the other hand, was talking to Busara. "I don't know what to do, Busara... There's no way Prince Kiruu could have done this! I just know it!" "I see what you mean, Zulu... Kiruu does not seem like the kind to perpetrate murder like this! And because of this, I don't believe that Vitani died of starvation. Papua seemed to have enough food and water a moon ago. So Ntini is lying. The only question is, why is he lying?" "I don't know, Busara... but something's afoot... and I need to find out what's going on! We need to find Kiruu immediately!" Busara nodded in agreement.

"We'll go in search of him... Let's start immediately. You can fly ahead and direct me if you find out anything about his whereabouts!" Busara said. Zulu nodded and set off. Busara followed her as quickly as she could. No one noticed that they'd left. This was good for their search. If Ntini or Malka found out about their plan, they'd do anything to stop them. That was clear. They left for Kisouli and went north from there. They rested quietly for the night so that they could start again at dawn. But one thing remained in question. Why was Kiruu so hard to reach?

Their question was soon to be answered. A little ahead lived a pack of vultures. And Zulu noticed that they were watching her with greed in their eyes. She soared to the skies to escape any further notice. Busara, however faced no such hazards here. She walked through these woods as she would in the Pridelands. Zulu swooped down after the coast was clear only to find a whole flock of hornbills looking scared. "What's wrong?" Zulu asked, approaching one of them. None of them spoke. Busara kindly placed her hand on one of them and smiled, trying to ease the bird's suffering.

The bird finally spoke. "Those vultures... they were sent here by someone because they didn't want any messages to be sent from here. Some of us died trying. Now we're torn between our duty... and our desire to live! We can't even go back to our master for fear of punishment... We failed to deliver his message!" "How many of you have messages to deliver?" Zulu asked loudly. They all responded positively. "Who here has a message from Prince Kiruu, to his parents at Pride Rock?" she asked them. Many of them responded to this. "So he did try to reach us!" Zulu thought.

She looked at Busara, who nodded to indicate that she'd understood. there was something very funny going on here. "So Kiruu must be here somewhere," Zulu thought. "Otherwise these vultures wouldn't hang around here like this. I bet Ntini sent them here to keep watch." Aloud, she asked the hornbills, "What Kingdom are we in?" "This is Ambola. King Jumoja rules over these lands. Except the woods you just passed, everything you see is his Kingdom," one of them said. "Thank you," Zulu said, smiling gratefully. Then she flew further to find Kiruu.

Chapter Seventeen: Ambola's Princess

Two lionesses were taking a stroll by the grassy plains of their Kingdom. One of them had a pale, brownish gold coat and beautiful, amber eyes. The other lioness had tawny fur with dark, brown eyes. Everyday, it was a ritual for them to walk these plains together. Today, they were laughing about how silly lions could be when it came to choosing mates for themselves. "Don't say that! Makani chose me!" the lioness with the brown eyes said firmly. "And I still say he was an idiot to have chosen you, Sara!" the other lioness said, laughing.

"Tomara, come on! You'll have to choose a mate sometime soon, too! Father's going to be really angry of you don't! I'll go away with Makani to his Kingdom... But you have a responsibility to this one, as well!" "I won't choose a mate until I find the right one! You know that!" "Here we go again!" Sara said with a sigh. "It's a big decision, Sara! I don't want to rush into it!" Tomara fired back. "You know father has a few suitors lined up for you from several Kingdoms!" Tomara groaned at her sister's statement. "I know... I really wish he hadn't!"

"Why not?" "I don't like any of them! I saw them yesterday when they were talking to father. They all seemed so silly and conceited! I want a Prince who knows how to handle his royalty with composure! I don't want him displaying it like it's some kind of trophy!" "You know, for someone so young, you're too deep!" Sara said, laughing. Tomara didn't smile. She seemed a little distracted. "Tomara?" Sara called out to her. "Tomara are you ok?" Tomara was speeding off towards a silhouette by the pond. Upon going closer, they found a lion there. He was taking a nap.

His coat was brownish gold... and his mane was reddish brown. It was windswept and was thick enough to smother a cub. "Who is he?" Tomara asked her sister. "I don't know... he's probably one of those lions father has lined up for you." "No... He isn't one of them. I saw all of them that day," Tomara said. "Oh..." "I need to talk to him," Tomara said slowly. "Do you, now?" Sara asked with a smirk. "Oh, shut up!" Tomara said, although with a smile. "Let's go before he wakes up. If you want to meet him, you can find him later," Sara said, walking away.

"Tomara, come on!" We have to go!" Tomara kept looking back at the lion as she walked away. "He looks interesting," Sara said, trying to find out more. "I guess..." "You actually wanted to stay back and talk to him!" Sara said with a smirk. "That was then... I realize now how silly I was," Tomara said sternly. "Ah... Alright, then... Let's go home. Father's waiting for us." And so they raced each other to their den. They were laughing as they reached their den. As they walked inside, they saw their father discussing something with their majordomo.

Jumoja was a large lion with benevolent, hazel eyes and a sand colored coat. His mane was light brown. "Yes, I agree, Numa... It is strange. Those vultures never bothered your flock before... We'll get to the bottom of this." "And there's a hornbill from the Pridelands, Sire... with their Royal Shaman. They're looking for their Prince." Zulu flew in as Busara walked to the King. "Sire... we're here to find Prince Kiruu... If you've seen him, please let us know where he is," Zulu said. Jumoja nodded. "Numa, if you find any lion by the name Kiruu, report it to her immediately." "Yes, Sire."

And so the bird and the mandrill left. Tomara and Sara smiled kindly at them, and they returned the gesture as they left. "What's going on, father?" Tomara asked. "We're having trouble with the hornbills. It's not their fault, but... It's causing quite a ruckus!" Jumoja said in his deep, slow voice. "Is there anything we can do to help?" Sara asked. "No, my dear... Unfortunately, this has to be resolved amongst them first. I think it's best we leave it to them for now. How was your stroll?" he asked his daughters. "It was fine," Tomara said quickly.

"I see," Jumoja said, smiling a bit. "Anyway, I have a few suitors waiting for you, Tomara... Please don't brush them all off this time as well!" "But father, I..." "You're just as stubborn as your mother, now, aren't you? She would do the same thing... Before she chose me she'd turned down several suitors. When I asked her why, she simply told me that no one had ever matched up to me... I was flattered, of course... But it's different when your daughter does the same thing," Jumoja said as he lightly nuzzled his daughter. "I'll see you in the evening, then," he said and left.

"I'm going to find that lion. I want to see him." Tomara said slowly. Sara laughed and said, "Alright, then... tell me what he's like when you get back!" Tomara went to the valley again. She found him drinking water by the pond. She walked towards him slowly. Then she bent down to drink as well. Once they were finished, they looked at each other for a second. The lion smiled at her and walked towards the valley. She joined him. "Hi," she said slowly. He just smiled in return. "Can you tell me who you are?" "I'm Kiruu," he said in a calming voice. "And who're you?"

"I'm Tomara." "You live here, don't you?" he asked her genially. "Yes, I do." "Do you know any good lionesses around here?" he asked her with an edge to his voice. Tomara was taken aback, but she understood his joke. "Well, unfortunately, there's only one lioness here who hasn't been taken." "Oh... And who is that?" "You'll have to come with me to find out." "Alright, then... Lead the way," he said smiling. They joked around all the way home. They seemed to enjoy each other's company. She didn't want to tell him she was the Princess just yet.

"Who rules over these lands?" Kiruu asked her. "King Jumoja... I'm sure you'll find him an able and just King." "I hope so, too. Thank you, Tomara... You've been very kind," Kiruu said slowly. They'd reached the den where the King lived. "Thank you... I was glad I could help. Please let me go talk to the King. I'll tell him you wish to see him," Tomara said. "Sure.. I'll wait here," he said and watched as Tomara walked in. He'd been to many Kingdoms on his way here... and he'd met many lionesses over there. But Tomara seemed different to him. He liked her.

Kiruu stood by the cave's entrance as he heard Tomara talk to the King. Then he heard someone approach him. "Come in, Kiruu. The King wants to meet you." Kiruu walked in slowly. His first impression of Jumoja was that of his grandfather's. Stern, but benevolent. Jumoja smiled genially as he walked towards him. "Welcome, Kiruu! Might I ask what brings you here?" "Well, Sire... I set out on a journey to find myself a mate. And I've been to many Kingdoms, but I haven't found a lioness who makes me want to choose her... Until recently," he said calmly.

Tomara was trying very hard not to smile. Her father, on the other hand, seemed a little hopeful. "Well, then... I see you've met my daughter, Tomara," he said, looking at her. "Tomara's your daughter?" Kiruu asked him, a little surprised. "Is there a problem with that?" Jumoja asked him, a little stern now. Kiruu immediately said, "No... No, there isn't. I'm sorry if I sounded that doubtful. I didn't mean to offend any one of you." "None taken," Jumoja said, now smiling at Kiruu. "You must stay with us. I hope you find what you're looking for." "Thank you, Sire. I'm sure I will," Kiruu said.

Tomara liked this lion very much. But his name reminded her of something she couldn't place just then. She pushed it to the back of her mind and smiled as she watched him leave for another stroll. "He seems interesting," Sara said quietly. Tomara was unnerved for a second, but then she smiled. "Yes, he is," she said and went after Kiruu. "Tomara, wait! He might want to be alone!" Tomara hadn't considered this. Why was she acting this way when she'd been able to turn down so many other lions easily? Why was it that this lion interested her so much?

Then she watched as he stopped. Then he looked back and smiled at her and left. That was encouragement enough. She ran towards him and caught up with him soon enough. "That was fast," Kiruu said with a smile. "Thanks," Tomara said and walked on. It was a beautiful, starry night. They sat by the river and watched the stars. "What do you think they are?" Tomara asked Kiruu. "My father told me that they're the Great kings of the Past. They watch over us and guide us in our times of need." "Really?" Tomara asked him. "That's what I was told," Kiruu said calmly.

"Do you believe that?" Tomara asked him. "With all my heart," Kiruu said simply. "It's easier to believe that they're still with me, guiding me whenever I need them. It's comforting to know that the ones we love never truly leave us," he said. She smiled at his conviction. "You know, Kiruu, for a lion so young, you have very profound thoughts," Tomara told him. "Well, that just comes with responsibility," Kiruu said. "What responsibilities do you have?" she asked him. "Well, I have a huge responsibility to the Great Kings... to my parents... and to my Kingdom."

"Your Kingdom?"" "My future Kingdom, actually. I come from the Pridelands." Tomara was surprised at how subtly he carried his title. It was inherent, which made it more appealing. It wasn't for show. He meant it when he said he had a huge responsibility to all his ancestors. "You're different from every lion I've met," she told him simply. "You're very special, too, Tomara," he said and nuzzled her lightly. She nuzzled him back. They knew they'd enjoy each other's company, but how much, they would never be able to say.

Chapter Eighteen: Kiruu's Request

Kiruu and Tomara were married a week later at the King's den. Jumoja just couldn't believe how happy his daughter was with Kiruu. "I'm so glad you found yourself a suitable Prince, Tomara. You deserve nothing less." "Thank you, father," she said and nuzzled Kiruu lightly. "And you, Kiruu," Jumoja said, smiling, "when you return to the Pridelands..." "What's wrong, father?" Tomara asked as she looked at her father's stunned face. "You're Kiruu from the Pridelands?" he asked, a little worried. "Yes, Sire... Why do you ask?"

"Your majordomo and shaman came to us... They were looking for you!" "Zulu and Busara were here?" "Where's Numa?" Jumoja asked. The bird flew into view. "Numa... This is Kiruu," Jumoja said dramatically. "Come with me, Sire," she said and took to the skies. They followed the bird and walked into a flock of hornbills. "Where are they, Tsavo?" Numa asked a hornbill. "Who?" "The majordomo and the shaman... where are they?" "Oh, them! They had to leave... Some bird sent them a message about Kiruu's return to Pride Rock... So they left."

"But this is Prince Kiruu! And as you can plainly see, he isn't at Pride Rock!" "Geez, Numa! Calm down! You know where to find them!" "I'm so sorry, sir! They were here this morning!" "It's alright, Numa. I'll find Zulu. Thank you for all your help." "Princess Tomara... Would you like to stay back?" "What do you think, Kiruu?" she asked him sincerely. "It might be dangerous, Tomara... If they were both her looking for me, then something must've gone terribly wrong at home. If you wish to stay back, I wouldn't blame you," Kiruu said seriously.

"But you might also need help!" she said defensively. "That, i can't deny," Kiruu said, smiling. "Then I'm coming with you!" she said firmly. Kiruu sighed and said, "Alright, Tomara... Let's start now. Numa, please tell your King about what has happened. I might need his help later." Numa nodded at him and left to warn the King. Kiruu and Tomara ran on towards the Pridelands. Kiruu was really worried at this point. "This is not good, Tomara... I don't like this one bit! Why were they here? And why were they looking for me? I just don't get it!"

"Something must've really gone wrong for them to have come all this way," Tomara said. "That's my hunch," Kiruu told her. Night was falling fast. "Let's rest here for the night, Kiruu told her. "We can start at dawn," she said. And so they rested for the night under a tree. Neither of them could sleep. "Tomara," Kiruu whispered a little later, knowing she'd be awake. "I'm sorry I got you into this. We were supposed to be on our first journey together... And now we're..." "We are on our first journey together," she told him slowly. "It involves a few things I might want to avoid...

"But that is besides the point. We're together... And whatever happens, we'll be facing it together. That's all that matters," she told him. He smiled at her and nuzzled her. "Now I know why I married you!" he told her. Sh leaned her head against his shoulder and slept. He, too, tried to sleep, but something about the whole situation troubled him. He couldn't point out what it was, but he knew that something just wasn't right. He looked at the stars for guidance from any one of his ancestors, but none of them would appear to him tonight...

He closed his eyes to get some sleep. But he had a very troubled sleep that night. His kept waking up from time to time. He heard his parents' voices calling to him for help... He didn't understand why... But the worst part was that he felt the presence of his very disappointed, disheartened ancestors. "Why are they so distressed?" he thought sadly. Then it was sunrise. He gently woke his mate and they set off on their journey to the Pridelands. As they reached the boundaries, they found that the land was still prosperous. But Kiruu knew there was something wrong.

They walked a little further to find Busara's tree. She wasn't there. They ran towards Pride Rock. As they neared it, he looked at Tomara and said, "Stay here. If I need you, I'll let you know. But right now, I want you to stay here." She didn't say anything at first, but then she nuzzled him and nodded. "Come back safe," she told him. He nodded and ran towards Pride Rock. That's when he saw Zulu and Busara going towards the cave. Kiruu tried calling out to her, but later decided against it. He had to let her know he was there. There was nothing else to it.

He ran towards her and took her aside. "Kiruu?" she screamed in surprise. "But I was told you were already at Pride Rock!" "I know... that's why I came here as soon as I could! What's going on here?" Kiruu asked her. "We have to warn Zulu!" she said. But that didn't seem necessary. Upon seeing that Busara had stopped, she flew down only to see Kiruu. She smiled at him and said, "I'm glad to see you, Kiruu." "Why were the two of you in Ambola?" Kiruu asked, concerned. "Let's not discuss that here. We need to go some place quiet," Numa said. Busara suggested the empty cave where Simba and Nala once lived.

"Things have gone very bad since your departure, Kiruu," Zulu explained. "You see, your parents, they... they died." "What? How?" Kiruu asked, scandalized. "As to that, we can't be sure. All we know is that Ntini told them that you were in trouble at a time when they were waiting to hear from you," Busara said. "I sent so many messages! Why didn't any of them get through?" Kiruu asked them."Well, Kiruu, someone sent a scouting party of Vultures to the boundaries of Ambola. You can imagine how scared the hornbills would be..." Kiruu understood. "So that's why they were so worried when they saw me!" Kiruu told them.

"And sadly, your parents were killed in some ort of terrible ambush when they were looking for you!" Busara told him. Kiruu was too shocked to speak. "So they're really dead?" he asked, crestfallen. "Yes, Kiruu... But it doesn't end there. Your uncle Ntini claims that you had something to do with it!" "What?" Kiruu said, infuriated. "How could he possibly suggest that I had anything to do with it?" "He claims that your love for the throne clouded your judgment," Zulu said, trying to pacify him. "We don't believe you had anything to do with this..." "Which is why we came looking for you," Busara said calmly. "Yes," Zulu said. But we later got the message that you were back at Pride Rock, so we returned to warn you."

"Ntini's lying!" Kiruu roared. "I would never do anything to hurt my parents! I don't want this Kingdom if that's the price I have to pay for it!" "We know, Kiruu," Busara said kindly as she placed her hand on his shoulder. He sighed and said, "I need to talk to my Uncle. He needs to know the whole thing. If he wants to accuse me of murder and expects me to take it lying down, then he's wrong! I'm going to get to the bottom of this. You two stay here. You can't be seen. He probably found out you went looking for me. I dont want him to get you two into trouble. Go to the mangrove tree near the pond. Tomara's waiting there," Kiruu said. "Who's Tomara?" Zulu asked him. "My mate!" Kiruu said, smiling.

Kiruu walked slowly to Pride Rock. He didn't know what to do... His parents were dead. Did K'aaria and Tanabi know? How was he to reach them should anything go worng here? He was very doubtful as he ascended Pride Rock. As he entered the cave, many lionesses stared in disbelief. Then he saw his cousin Malka. He smiled at him, but didn't get one in return. "Malka, you know me! You can't possibly think I had anything to do with my own parents' death!" "I thought I knew you... I now realize how wrong we all were about you," Malka said in disgust. "How dare you return? You've shamed us all!" Malka said. "I haven't done anything!" Kiruu said defiantly. "And I will not let you brand me a murderer!"

Ntini walked in at that moment. "So, the traitor returns, eh?" he asked Kiruu with a leer. "How could you frame me for a crime I haven't committed?" Kiruu asked, infuriated. "Don't lie to us! You took innocent lives! My mate died trying to save her brother! Your every breath is an insult to their memory!" Ntini said with conviction. Malka was stupefied. This was not what he'd been told earlier about how his mother died. He looked at Kiruu's pained face and understood how deeply he cared for his aunt... He could never have harmed any of them. His father was obviously lying. "Leave, Kiruu! Leave this pride and never return! If I see you anywhere near Pride Rock, I will have you killed," Malka said slowly. Kiruu left in a daze.

As Kiruu left, Nini was fuming. "You let him go?" he roared at his son. "Now is not the time, father... He's not alone. If he's returned, that means he's returned with his mate. We need to finish her off as well." "Fine! You take Naomi and the lionesses to finish the job. You know why I sent the false news that Kiruu had returned, don't you? Those loyal fools of his went looking for him!" Ntini spat. "I'm aware of that, father," Malka said firmly. "But we'll finish him in good time. For now, we'll keep a close watch on him." "Naomi, go find him. Take a few lionesses with you and keep a close watch on him," Ntini said in a stern voice. "I don't want any more goof ups! I cannot afford to let him live!"

Kiruu ran to where he'd left Tomara. He was gasping for breath by the time he got there. "What happened, Kiruu?" she asked him. "They think I'm responsible for my parents' death! I just... Zulu, how did this happen?" "We think Ntini's up to something," she said. Busara nodded. "But that's impossible! Kiruu was on his way to Ambola when the whole thing happened!" Tomara said. "My dear, nobody believes Kiruu right now... Ntini has done a fine job of brainwashing everyone against him. We need a plan," Busara said. "You're right," they heard a voice say. They turned to find Malka standing there. "My father wants to have you killed. And you'd better have a good plan to get out unscathed!"

Chapter Nineteen: Revelations

"What're you doing here?" Kiruu spat. "I've come here to apologize," Malka said simply. Kiruu was stunned. "When my father told you that my mother died trying to save Uncle Kovu, I figured something out." "What could that be?" Kiruu asked him shortly. "He's lying, Kiruu. He'd told me that he'd asked my mother to persuade Uncle Kovu... to give us the Nje." "Which he did, mind you!" Zulu said angrily. "I didn't know that! That was because Papua was facing ruin... My father told me that when she went to ask him, he refused and killed her." "And you believed that?" Kiruu said sarcastically. Malka then remembered the frission of doubt he'd felt. "I didn't know what to believe," Malka said simply.

"And I'm sorry to say that I played a vital role in your parents' death. I was blinded by rage... and by what my father had just told me! I didn't think he'd lie about something like that... But I now realize that he's changed... He's become greedy," Malka finished. "What about the vultures?" Zulu asked Malka. "That was my father's idea to keep Kiruu from reaching his parents," he replied. "Then that answers every question but one," Kiruu said seriously. "What question is that?" "How did your mother die?" Kiruu asked him. "As to that, I have no idea. I'd left with my mate on our journey, and... when I returned, my father told me what had happened... according to him," Malka said.

"Fine... We need to figure out how we can defeat Ntini. Zulu, I need you to send messages to Kisouli, Majonzi, and Ambola. We need all the help we can get. I'm sure my brother and sister will be more than willing. As for Tomara's father, I know he'll do what he can," Kiruu said finally. Zulu bowed and left. "Kiruu," Malka said, "I really am sorry! I had no idea... If only I had known... I would never have hurt your parents," Malka said sadly. Kiruu turned to him and said, "I know, Malka. Your father lied to you. He deceived you. What else could you have done? I'd have done the same thing. I don't hold you responsible," Kiruu said soothingly.

"I'll cover your tracks until you get help. Let me know what happens," Malka said and headed back to Pride Rock. Kiruu nodded at him and followed Busara and Tomara to the cave they'd been in before. As he entered the cave, he found Tomara resting. "I'm so sorry, Tomara... I never should have gotten you into this!" he said apologetically. "Don't worry about me," she told him. "You have so much more at stake right now... You've got to fix what Ntini created. He's made a terrible mess of everything. I'll stay here and plan everything with Busara. When the lionesses come, I'll rally them against Ntini."

He nodded to her and waited for any message from Zulu. By sunset, Zulu was back and she gave all the information she could to him. "Your brother and sister are on their way, Kiruu. They feel most aggrieved that this happened. Jumoja has agreed t help you in your cause. This is good news, Kiruu." "It sure is," Malka said as he came to see them. "You made some very quick decisions there, Kiruu. Good thinking. But we're going to need a strategy. How do we keep the lionesses at Pride Rock from seeing three prides entering these lands?" "Hmmm... I say they don't enter," Kiruu said slowly. "What?" Malka asked, surprised.

"Listen to me... Suggest to your father that he should send scouts to all four borders. We'll have them nabbed. They'll be easily outnumbered," Kiruu explained. "That just might work!" "And by the time they do see us, it'll be too late!" "That's a good plan... It should do," Malka said finally. "And I want you to ask one of the lionesses as to what he told them happened to your mother," Kiruu said. "Alright, fine... I'll try and find out," Malka said. Then he left for Pride Rock again. On his way back, Malk decided that he had to tell naomi what was going on. She could help them with the scouting.

So as he ascended Pride Rock that night, he felt a sadness he'd never felt before. This wasn't his... This wasn't where he needed to be. He'd taken Kiruu's birthright away from him for nothing. His mother hadn't been killed by Kovu. There was something else going on there that he didn't know about. He had to find out what that was, and soon. He'd committed unspeakable crimes in the name of vengeance. Now he wondered if his mother would ever forgive him for killing her brother. "I'm so sorry, mother... I didn't know what I was doing! Father had me so convinced... I just didn't know what else to do!" he thought, hoping she could hear...

"Naomi," he called out to his mate. "Naomi, where are you?" "She's out scouting, Sire. She must be by the river," a lioness said. Malka thanked her and left. He found Naomi by the river, on the lookout. "Naomi, I need to talk to you," he told her slowly. "What is it?" Naomi asked him. "We need to make amends for what we've done. Kiruu is innocent!" Malka told her. "What? But your father said," Naomi began, but Malka cut her short. "I know what he said! And it is because of what he said that I'm telling you this now!" "What do you mean, Malka?" Naomi asked him, a little puzzled.

"Remember what my father told us about how my mother died when we just got home?" "Yes, I do... That feindish brother of hers killed her!" "No, he didn't," Malka said slowly. "But that's what your father said!" Naomi said, a little confused. "Now try and remember what he told Kiruu about how my mother died," Malka said. "He said... that she died saving her brother!" "Exactly! Now if that really had happened how is it possible for Kovu to have killed her?" he asked Naomi. "But then what could possibly have happened to your mother?" Naomi asked. "There's a gaping hole in my father's story," Malka said.

"We have to help Kiruu!" Naomi said quietly. "I'm already working on it. I need you to send some lionesses to each border on patrol. They will have to be nabbed for now," Malka said. "Ok... Then what?" "Then we wait for our chance to move against him. There's something he's hiding, Naomi. I don't know what it is, but I have to find out. And I will. There's only one way we can find out, but that option isn't open to us!" Malka said bitterly."And what option is that?" "I need to talk to my aunt and uncle!" Malka said sadly. Then they heard someone coing their way. It was Ntini. "What's going on, here?" he asked them.

"We're just enjoying the moonlight," Malka said, smiling a bit at Naomi. "There's no time for that, Malka... We have to track Kiruu down and kill him! He's a traitor! And if those siblings of his realize what's going on, they'll hunt us down and kill us!" "I understand, father, but we're sending scouts to find them tomorrow," Malka said in a reassuring tone. "Alright, then... Let's hope they're able to find the traitor," Ntini said insensitively. Every word fell harshly on Malka's ears. Kiruu was being ounished for no fault of his. "I'm sure they'll find him, father," Malka said and left with Naomi.

The next morning, as the scouting oarties made their way to the boundaries, three prides were making their way in wthout anyone's notice. They waited at the border for the scouts to get close, and when they did, they nabbed them. Soon, the coast was clear. Tanabi came in with his pride and greeted his brother. "This is a sad situation, bro... We have to set this straight," he said. "Yes, I know... And I'm sure we will... together," Kiruu said. K'aaria walked in with her hunting party. "I'm so sorry this happened," K'aaria said slowly. "I didn't expect this from Uncle Ntini." "None of us did," Kiruu told her.

Sara came with her hunting party and greeted Tomara. "What's going on?" she asked her sister. "Are you alright?" "I'm fine, Sara... But Kiruu needs all the help he can get. This is not going to be easy!" Tomara said. Malka came to check on them. Upon seeing Tanabi and K'aaria, Malka stood rooted to the spot. He couldn't move." "What's wrong, Malka?" Kiruu asked him. "Either I'm seeing ghosts or they're not Kovu and Kiara," Malka sputtered. This gave Tomara an idea. "That's Tanabi and K'aaria, Malka!" she told him. "Oh! You'd have anyone fooled!" Malka said smiling. "You look so much like your parents!"

"So we've been told," Tanabi said. His voice almost matched his father's as well. "Kiruu... this is it!" Tomara said triumphantly. Kiruu was a little surprised. "What?" he asked her. "Malka's confusion is the answer!" "What do you mean?" Kiruu asked her, bewildered. She explained the whole plan to him. Malka loved it! It would be a superb success if it was played correctly. Plus, it would also give him the answers he needed. Kiruu liked it, too. It was simple and easy to do as well... But they had to be very careful. Naomi listened carefully as a flawless plan was devised to make Ntini confess.

Malka looked very agitated as he sought a private audience with his father. So when Ntini saw him, he was worried. "Are you alright, Malka?" Ntini asked him with concern in his voice. "No, father... I've made a terrible mistake!" Malka said. "What's happened?" Ntini asked him. "You won't believe what I just saw!" Malka told his father. "What did you see?" Ntini asked him. "I saw... Kovu and Kiara... with Kiruu... heading this way!" "That's impossible! Kovu and Kiara are dead!" "I thought so, too! Yet here they are!" "What have you done, Malka? You've risked everything!" Ntini said, horrified.

"But I thought they were dead!" Malka said, now panicking. "I didn't know they had it in them to go on and return!" "We have to stand our ground, Malka! Remember what I told you when we devised this plan?" "Yes, father... There's no going back," Malka said sadly. "That's right... If our intentions are revealed, then..." "Ou intentions were just! They killed my mother!" "Malka, seriously! Calm yourself," Ntini said when he himself was sweating profusely. They were nearing Pride Rock. Ntini stood at the edge as Kovu ascended to reach him. His face was scarred, and so was his body. Those gashes were deep.

Kovu growled menacingly at Ntini. "You liar!" Kovu roared. "You put us all in danger for your greed!" "Kovu... Please try and understand that..." "No! Kiruu hadn't encountered any ambush like the one you'd described to us!" Kiara spat. "That's right!" Kovu roared. "You set us all up!" "Kovu, please! I needed help!" "Where's my sister, you filthy little liar?" Kovu said as he cornered Ntini. "What have you done to my sister? Your story about the ambush was obviously a lie!" he spat. "She'd dead!" Ntini stammered. Kovu roared with rage. "I'm sorry! I was overcome with greed! I wanted to acquire more land!"

"That's not what we asked for!" Kiruu said. "What have you done with aunt Vitani?" he asked angrily. "I..." "Tell us now, or we'll rip you to shreds," Kovu breathed. "I wanted to acquire your Kingdom... she opposed the idea," Ntini said, frightened at being cornered. The lionesses at Pride Rock would help their King, not a regent to the throne. "Kovu pinned Ntini down and firmly placed his paw upon his neck. "If you don't tell me now, I will strangle you," Kovu said slowly. "Alright, alright! I had to kill her! She would only be in my way! So I had to dispose of her!" Ntini finally said. Malka was shocked.

"You liar!" he screamed in shock. "You lied to me! You used me to harm them! I could've killed them!" "It would've been better for all of us if you had, you fool! Look at what's happening now because of your mistake! All this would've been yours!" "I'd rather die than take it by force!" Malka said. "You killed my mother!" "And because of that, Malka, you alone have the right to decide his fate," Kovu said. "He doesn't deserve to live!" Malka spat. "But, Malka... I'm your father!" Ntini pleaded. "The father I knew would never hurt anyone deliberately! I don't know you!" Malka said and turned away.

Kovu was looking intently at Malka, waiting for him to reply. He relinquished his grip on Ntini for a second. In that one second, Ntini clawed furiously at Kovu and ran for it. Kiruu went after him. He pounced on Ntini and pinned him to the floor. In the process, he'd slammed Ntini's body into a rock. He couldn't move. Kiruu looked down at his uncle and said, "By the way, my parents are dead. The lion you thought was my father is my brother. And the lioness you mistook for my mother is my sister. Noe everyone knows you for the traitor you are! That's all we needed to know." Ntini flopped his head to the ground with a finality at thse words.

Chapter Twenty: The King Has Returned

Chaos reigned over Pride Rock until Kiruu returned with the news of Ntini's death. The lionesses of all five prides celebrated Kiruu's victory. Zulu and Busara congratulated him. He hugged them and said, "I really couldm't have done it without you." Then there were his siblings to be attended to. Kiruu sighed as he spoke to them. "Grandfather was so right when he told me that I'd need you to achieve anything remarkable. Thank you... What you have given me today... your love and support... that's all I could ever ask for. I hope we never grow apart!" "Of course, bro," Tanabi said. K'aaria nuzzled him lightly and said, "You can count on it."

He went to Tomara. "You were brilliant! I don't know how I would've managed without you," he told her. She nuzzled him and said, "You'll never have to find out." He smiled and nuzzled her back, knowing they'd have a very happy life together. This was only the beginning. Malka slowly came forward. "I'm so sorry, Kiruu... I was..." "No, Malka... I'm sorry. Your father made you commit some very despicable crimes... all based on lies. No one should have to go through that," Kiruu told his cousin. "But all the same," Malka tried to finish, but Kiruu stopped him. "Papua is your Kingdom to rule over. Just take your pride home.

"I'm sure they miss it... And I'm sure that in time, you'll come to forgive your father. His love for you surpassed anything. He wanted you to have a more prosperous Kingdom." "You're very gnerous, Kiruu... I'm sure you'll make a great King," Malka said. "You and Naomi helped us get back what was ours... We couldn't thank you enough," Tomara told him. And so it was with that thought that Malka said they'd stay for Kiruu's coronation. K'aaria and tanabi wouldn't miss it for the world. As for Sara, she promised her sister she'd only go back after the ceremony.

The new King and Queen were crowned at sunrise the next day. Zulu watched as Busara anointed the couple and presented them to the herds assembled below, and to the skies above. As the Great Spirit blessed them with the courage and wisdom they needed to do what was required of them, Kiruu felt a void where his parents would've been. He felt sad that he couldn't avert their deaths... Then he remembered his grandfather... and also what he'd been told since cubhood. Reassured that they would always be with him, he looked at Tomara for a second, and then they roared to their subjects as the new King and Queen.

The End

The characters of this fanfic like Kiruu, Tanabi, K'aaria, Tomara, Sara, Jumoja, Numa, Adhimu, Malkia, Ntini, Malka, Naomi, Zulu, Busara are all my creations. All other characters are owned by Walt Disney.
divsalley

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are!

Pride Points: 1

Re: A Prince's Struggle

Postby divsalley » August 8th, 2009, 5:16 pm

your opinions, please!!!
divsalley

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are!

Pride Points: 1

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 8th, 2009, 6:01 pm

WOW! This was the best fan-fic I've ever read! It had a lot of murders, but the story was awesome! great job! ;)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Panda-chan » August 8th, 2009, 6:14 pm

That was long, but definitely worth it. I love your writing style. It makes me want to keep reading lol. :D
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Mike » August 8th, 2009, 8:55 pm

This is very well written =) Much better formatting than we usually see in a fanfic. You've done very well in taking the story and shaping it in new ways. Simba's death was especially well handled <3
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby KiarasMate » August 8th, 2009, 10:48 pm

That has to be one of the best Fan Fics I've read in quite some time divsalley. ^^ It's obvious that you have a ton of talent when it comes to writing. Your style is very enjoyable to read and there are just so many great things about this Fan Fic. So many emotions flow throughout the story, keeping your reader enthralled all the way through. I don't think there was a dull moment for me at any point in your story. :) I loved the many plot twists and surprises that popped up along the way. Your use of foreshadowing is awesome as well. :) It's nice to be able to read a completed story that is this well written and it was most defintely a joy to read. ^^

I think there are just a few small things that I'd suggest. ^^ I think the only issue I had with the story (all be it a very small one) was with Vitani being part of Kopa's death. I don't think Vitani would have even been born yet when Kopa was alive, and if she was, she'd only be like a cub, but like I said, that's a very minor gripe and it can be overlooked by most readers. ^^ Nextly, I would have liked to see a tiny bit more character development from some of the many original characters you introduced. ^^ They all seemed so well thought up that you just want to know more about them and yet, we only learn about a few of them in great detail but again, this is fine, since your story still works wonderfully. ^^ A bit more detail about the landscape and scenery of the newly introduced locations would also have been nice too, just to give the reader a bit more of a vivid picture, since unlike the Pride Lands and Outlands, your original locations are not known to the reader so any details you could offer would just help add a bit more visual aid to the story but once again, this is a very minor issue in my book. hehe. ^^ Lastly, I think this story sort of turned into a completely original story near the end, which is perfectly fine in my eyes as I love reading creative stories, but some people might have issues with you killing off almost every original TLK character. lol. :) Me personally, I didn't mind and I feel ashamed for actually laughing at Timon's death, but Simba's death really got to me emotionally. Very well written and it's rare to find a story that can draw out that much emotion in someone, especially myself. lol. :)

Well, again, I truly must praise you on a job very well done. ^^ Although it was a LONG story, that's what I love to read. Stories that have depth, meaning, action, drama, romance and meaningful life lessons hidden within the words, all of which your story contained, and then some! :) A truly spectacular Fan Fiction and I hope you will continue to write more, as it would be ashame for all that talent to go to waste my friend. ^^ You've made a fan out of me and from one Fan Fic writer to another, never let that creative flare go out! ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby CommandoTheLion » August 9th, 2009, 6:46 am

Very Nice^^ i loved it
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 1st, 2009, 8:56 am

I just read this awesome story again. (sorry for the huge bump through.) And my previous post didn't really say anything, so here we go:

I really love your writing skills. You should become an author. ^^ I really thought Kovu and Kiara were alive at some point! You should write more fan-fictions, because they're really enjoyable to read. Everything is well written and in my opinion, it has no flaws at all.

(Yay, Timon died! >:D)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby CommandoTheLion » November 6th, 2009, 5:14 am

This mustive took you ages to write out
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Return to Fan Fictions