An Unescapable Destiny

Re: An Unescapable Destiny

Postby Dark Huntress » May 17th, 2013, 12:51 am

Chapter 4: The Betrothment
Spoiler: show
Zanta followed Hasani, looking as if she were being led to her execution. This, is her mind, was a thousand time worse. The only fun part was when Hasani asked what was wrong.

The first seven times it had been annoying but she was beginning to draw some amusement from it: Hasani was actually very cute when he seemed concerned or perplexed and her little game of answering him with 'nothing'; 'I can't tell you-you wouldn't understand'; or any one number of various other dramatic things she chose to say seemed to wash a new expression of agitation onto his cute face.

When she began the ascent up to the den her spirits began to fall very freely. They sank deep into the earth as lionesses began to congratulate Hasani and she. She shot her mother a frosty glare to which the Queen replied with a shrugged then gestured towards Zuberi. Zanta's angry look immediately transferred to her father and she marched up to him. "Must you embarrass me, Daddy?"

"I haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about," he replied, looking up at her narrow, slitted eyes.

"Oh, Daddy! You could at least warn me before you announce to the whole Pridelands my betrothment! I believe poor Hasani has been quite cornered and captured by the other lionesses."

Zuberi arched a brow critically. "Must you always speak so dramatically, dear, I'm afraid one day some poor lion will take you seriously!" He chuckled. Zanta exhaled sharply.

"Daddy! she whined irritatedly. "I want people to take me seriously!" She huffed.

He shook his head. "No, you don't. Not yet, at least."

Zantas sighed. They'd had this conversation before and she'd argue with him later. "I don't want to get into this right now," she sighed,"do I have to tell him?"

"He knows."

"What?!" Zanta exclaimed, her eyes nearly popping out of her face. "Am I the only one who didn't?!" She glared at her father.

"Perhaps," he replied guiltily,"perhaps the news got a little out of out hand. I told your grandmama about the intended betrothment and she only heard 'betrothment' then she told Kayishe and it just kept spreading."

"How's does Hasani know?"

"I spoke to him this morning before your mother told you."

Zanta nodded and sighed, feeling rather trapped. "Let's get these lionesses outside so we can officially announce it to the Pridelands," her mother said smilingly as she sidled up next to the king.

"Yes, dear, of course." A few words sufficed to make the lionesses file out and take their places-lining the path to the tip of Pride Rock.

Zanta swallowed as she peeked out of the den, glimpsing the ocean of varied animals-birds, reptiles, mammals, etc. She sighed then held her head high as Zuberi and Khadijah strode by her to stand overlooking the 'sea'. The animals bowed respectively and Khadijah nodded for Zanta and Hasani to join them.

It felt so strange for Zanta-having Hasani at her side not as a friend but someone who was supposed to be more. It was, in one word: awkward. Zanta kept her blue eyes glued forward and poised majestically on the edge of Pride Rock.

The crowd erupted again as the king's dodo bird announced the couple's betrothment and Zanta felt uncomfortably trapped, as if being trapped was ever comfortable. She nodded and smiled when appropriate during the few speeches then followed her parents gracefully back to the den, feeling as if part of her died: her heart.
Last edited by Dark Huntress on May 18th, 2013, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Re: An Unescapable Destiny

Postby Dark Huntress » May 18th, 2013, 1:57 am

Chapter 5: He Loves Me?
Spoiler: show
Zanta stifled a bored yawn with a chocolate paw. She'd been listening to her grandma and mother discuss her wedding ceremony for almost two hours.

She sighed; they were arguing about whether she and Hasani should walk side by side or Zanta should join Hasani for the ceremony. She could really care less. If it were up to her there wouldn't be a ceremony because they just wouldn't be getting married.

Khadijah glanced over at her. "Are you okay, dear?"

"Oh, yes, of course," Zanta said quickly, flashing a quick smiled,"I'm just a little thirsty."

"Well, be gone with you then." Her grandmother's, a sage lioness named Seliwe, order rather surprised her.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, confused.

Seliwe shook her head as if she just didn't know what to do with Zanta. "Go get your drink-you haven't been much help here anyway." She made a shooing gesture as Zanta lingered,"Go!"

Zanta shrugged and padded out of the den, trying not to seem too excited about being released. Once out of sight, she let the wind ruffle her short, dark fur. After she took a deep breath of fresh air she bounded down the path towards the waterhole.

The water was cool and refreshing, seeming to full her with new life and energy. "Tasty?" She whirled to see Hasani watching her with amusement.

"Why would you ask that?" she eyed him suspiciously.

"You were just making small mmm's," he grinned charmingly. Zanta rolled her eyes and turned back to her water. Her thirst was quenched by several more laps and she raised her head. She stretched and sat down.

"What do you think about this?" she asked.

"About what?"

"About this!" she gestured wildly,"about what just happened to our life!"

Hasani shrugged, "I don't know." Zanta gave him a flat look. "Fine!" he kicked a little dust up with his paw,"I'm honored-"
Zanta made a pffing sound.

"-and ecstatic. Very few lions get to be with the lioness they love when she's the princess."

Zanta froze, staring at him. "You-you love me? Why?"

He shrugged again. "Why wouldn't I? You're pretty and smart and I've shared almost every second of my life with you, who better to spend the rest of it with?" He glanced up at her.

"I don't know," she admitted. He did have a rather good point there. "I got to go," she gave him a shy smile, it was like looking at a totally different lion,"my grandma and mom are waiting for me."

"Would want to keep them waiting!" Hasani flashed a smile.

Zanta giggled nervously and scampered back up to the den. She sat down, their words seemingly to bounce off of her strange daze. Only one thought come through clearly. He loves me?
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Previous

Return to Fan Fictions